Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham boozers

Where is everyone? This place is dire.

Comments

• The Fleur De Lis is designated as an away fans up apparently. Can't be worse looking than The Southern Belle

We mustve standing next to each other mate ;)
  • Nah that's more Twiddel...
  • Cunning tactics by the police: flood the town center but not the road to the away pub. I fear Baldrick has risen up the ranks of the police..
  • In dog and bone, pretty quiet and beers under 3 quid lovely
  • Same here 3 quid a pint
  • I wish I'd have known that. Queuing up in a absolutely rammed place..
  • LuckyReds said:

I wish I'd have known that. Queuing up in a absolutely rammed place..

Over 10 mins.. my missus is giving my grief for going, if only she knew the pain I was letting myself in for!
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Over 10 mins.. my missus is giving my grief for going, if only she knew the pain I was letting myself in for!
    try and get a song going....the adams family, something like that.
    Mate, I'm already questioning the rumours about this place.. I'm sure the guy said my drinks were £10.40, but he gave me £3 change from a tenner. #FingerArithmetic
  • I've heard of a "five finger discount", but never a "three finger discount"...
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

try and get a song going....the adams family, something like that.
    Wheels on your house go round and round should go down well :wink: .
  • in the Will Adams now and ok
  • edited October 2016
    LuckyReds said:

I've heard of a "five finger discount", but never a "three finger discount"...

Should've given him the same money and got another round in at the same time :wink: .
  • edited October 2016
    RedChaser said:

LuckyReds said:

Should given given him the same money and got another round in at the same time :wink: .
    Fck off was I asking him to do multiplication... I'd still be waiting!

• How the Gillingham pub The Will Adams got its name
    By Hannah Ratcliffe
    BBC Kent

Peter Lodge, landlord of The Will Adams
    Peter Lodge renamed the pub The Will Adams when he bought it in 1993
    On a back street in Gillingham there is a small pub called The Will Adams. Landlord Peter Lodge decided to rename the premises when he bought it to help turn its fortunes around.
    "It was called the Anglo Saxon and had gone through a few years of becoming a very undesirable pub so I thought a name change would be good."
    Will Adams was born in Gillingham on the 24 September 1564. He grew up in the Medway town before becoming apprenticed to a shipbuilder on the Thames. He learned his trade and went on to navigate a fleet of ships to Japan.
    "They lost most of the ships apparently even before they got into the Pacific. His brother was one who was lost I believe. They eventually sailed across the Pacific to Japan but out of a crew of about 100 there were only about 30 left."
    Will Adams never returned from Japan. He befriended the Shogun and became so valuable to him with his knowledge of European ships and navigation techniques, the story goes that Will was told "you cannot leave Japan with your head".
    Will Adams portrait
    The portrait above the bar was painted after Will Adams' death
    Settling in Japan, Will met the daughter of a Samurai but to marry her he had to become a Samurai himself and train how to use the swords. He became known as the blue-eyed Samurai.
  • LuckyReds said:

RedChaser said:

LuckyReds said:

Should given given him the same money and got another round in at the same time :wink: .
    Fuck off was I asking him to do multiplication... I'd still be waiting!
    Probably would have given you six pounds change...