Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Security

Security alert on the Jubilee line closing it from Canary Wharf to the O2. It even effects external events outside the dome, lots of restaurants closed and Up at the O2 shut down. Guess who picked today to bring one of his kids up from Kent to climb the dome?

Comments

• Big security cordon in place. Makes you wonder what the suspicious package is that they've found on the Jubilee Line tube train.
  • Guess who was meant to be going to the O2 tonight, FFS.
  • cant say too much but yes it was on a train

Can't because you don't know... or?

Can't because you don't know... or?
    I know
  • ha ha yes very true
  • It's probably someone trying to do good in the world by stopping people from getting to the Nickelback concert.
  • cfgs said:

Security alert on the Jubilee line closing it from Canary Wharf to the O2. It even effects external events outside the dome, lots of restaurants closed and Up at the O2 shut down. Guess who picked today to bring one of his kids up from Kent to climb the dome?

Russell Slade?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen its North Greenwich itself that's been closed by the looks of it, and considering it's been closed for over 2 hours now, that would suggest that it's quite serious. (As leftbehind has hinted at)

In comparison, I got trapped in Victoria when a WW2 munition was found in the construction area back in January or February. I think that was resolved within about 25 minutes..
  • Avoid the line if you can as it looks like this will run into the evening peak
  • edited October 2016

cfgs said:

Russell Slade?
    So that's how The Dome came to have a hole in its roof...

• edited October 2016
    Now on a delayed train back to rural Kent, due to a car hitting a bridge near New Cross station, has to be a Millwall supporter. I mean what has the bridge ever done to him?

So no walk over the O2, went on the cable car instead, first time when th weather was a bit windy and the Mrs was petrified, so not all was bad.
  • cfgs said:

Now on a delayed train back to rural Kent, due to a car hitting a bridge near New Cross station, has to be a Millwall supporter. I mean what has the bridge ever done to him?

So no walk over the O2, went on the cable car instead, first time when th weather was a bit windy and the Mrs was petrified, so not all was bad.

Don't go via Chislehurst...traffic awful due to an earlier accident!
  • edited October 2016
    Severe delays on Jubilee line,trains are not stopping at North Greenwich , bus station is closed with buses stopping a long walk away from station.
  • LuckyReds said:

It was clearly a genuine and credible threat, judging by The Met initiating a Counter Terrorism investigation:

I suspect today there's a fair few people who may be arriving home safely thanks to work of our emergency services, and they'll never quite know how fortunate they were.

Top marks to the police.
    Hear hear. Mind you mate, someone on here will no doubt find a reason to have a moan or dig at the police over this.
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

It was clearly a genuine and credible threat, judging by The Met initiating a Counter Terrorism investigation:

I suspect today there's a fair few people who may be arriving home safely thanks to work of our emergency services, and they'll never quite know how fortunate they were.

Top marks to the police.
    And the vigilant underground staff that noticed it.
  • LuckyReds said:

Top marks to the police.
    Hear hear. Mind you mate, someone on here will no doubt find a reason to have a moan or dig at the police over this.
    I wouldnt be surprised sadly!

Just had a snapchat off of a tired best mate. He was yanked off of his borough to attend the o2.. just as he was due to finish his shift this afternoon.

That takes his shift length up to 16 hours today, much of it was only maning the cordon towards the end - but still a thankless task on a winters evening.
  • cfgs said:

LuckyReds said:

Top marks to the police.
    Shouldve gone without saying too, mate. I dare say they've had a shitter of a day too.
  • LuckyReds said:

cfgs said:

LuckyReds said:

Top marks to the police.
    Shouldve gone without saying too, mate. I dare say they've had a shitter of a day too.
    When we were up there the tfl workers and the police were great, helpful and friendly.