Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD STATEMENT: Bring your own banner to Chesterfield

Comments

• micks1950 said:

Roland doesn't do failure.

Every manager has improved our ranking.

It's not all shitty shit.

I actually think that these and other Katrien/Roland 'classics' are a good idea.

It would be a great irony on 'free speech day' for their stewards to be censoring their own words.
    Not forgetting Ticket office Mandy's pearls of wisdom at the Fans Forum 28 January 2016 including the unforgettable Mandyism : 'Misintepretate' and describing KM as:

That lady there is probably one of the most passionate and convicted (sic) people I have ever worked for. In fact plenty of banner inspiration:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlSFp-KypRM
  • Looking forward to airing our newly printed North Korea Banner.
  • I am one unhappy customer on my banner.
  • 'Tan we play in blue'
  • Just had a quick look on a Chesterfield forum and the three top threads are 'A Club In Crisis' // 'Protest Ideas' // 'Getting Active'. I wasn't aware there was any problem at Chesterfield but if there is is it too late to organise something with them. If so, maybe the return fixture?
  • Getting a flag in is easy. Wrap it around ur body under your T-shirt. No steward will see it. Even if Daisy is reading this. You'll never stop it
  • ChiAddick said:

Getting a flag in is easy. Wrap it around ur body under your T-shirt. No steward will see it. Even if Daisy is reading this. You'll never stop it

That's what I did the other week!
  • Can I just say right now 'I love our benevolent regime'
  • Sponsored links:

• Sun not shining.
  • ChiAddick said:

Getting a flag in is easy. Wrap it around ur body under your T-shirt. No steward will see it. Even if Daisy is reading this. You'll never stop it

That's what I did the other week!
    Yep. Me too.
  • I suggest

"46 Days - Mel Baroni"

or

"Thank you Katrien, Mel"

• This ones mine....

• Chesterfield could bring some banners along. More for our thugs to try and confiscate.
  • never seen the fans forum video meeting before but theres a few you wouldnt mind slapping round the chops there.
  • Are you going to fly it from an aeroplane?
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Just got a NK flag off Amazon. There were only two left available on Prime, so presumably all bought up by Charlton fans.

I bought one a few weeks back, and was about to flash it about a bit at half time (was it the Oldham match?) when I noticed the commotion caused when the other fella displayed his.
    So it stayed in its bag. Trouble is, I can't find the bag now.

• If we continue to protest , can we leave it to just the cup games ,
    Give the team a chance to survive this season !

I find it utterly incredible anyone can still say this.

THE FACTS PROVE THAT CHARLTON GET BETTER RESULTS WHEN THERE ARE IN GROUND PROTESTS !
    Is that scientifically proven with a double blind test or just clinically proven?

When asked, did seven out of eleven Charlton players say they preferred in-game protests?
  • 'Katrien, its Roland, how's Target 20k going ?'..'great boss, this week should see the crowd improve yet again with a bring a banner campaign. Those anonymous donations to the protest fund are turning out to be the best PR spend ever. I'm told by the PR company we employed that I could even win an advertising industry award, the awareness campaign has been so successful. We even got £500 for the pigs and anonymously donated that back to the fund as well'.... 'great, keep it up. What's next after the banner campaign ?'...'already started on that boss, we are going to get the protest movement have a Father Christmas Day in December where all the fans turn up dressed as Santa. Thousands of santas at a football match would generate plenty of publicity' ...' brilliant, I like it. How's the team doing ?' ...'terrific boss, we've lulled the rest of the division into a false sense of security, they won't expect us to go for the title now though that latest manager says this week's game is another toughie and we might have to play 6 in midfield to counter the threat'...'damn Katrien, won't that mean we will have no one up front ?'... 'yes boss, but the Team manager says it won't make any difference to our game as we don't score that many any way'
  • 'Katrien, its Roland, how's Target 20k going ?'..'great boss, this week should see the crowd improve yet again with a bring a banner campaign. Those anonymous donations to the protest fund are turning out to be the best PR spend ever. I'm told by the PR company we employed that I could even win an advertising industry award, the awareness campaign has been so successful. We even got £500 for the pigs and anonymously donated that back to the fund as well'.... 'great, keep it up. What's next after the banner campaign ?'...'already started on that boss, we are going to get the protest movement have a Father Christmas Day in December where all the fans turn up dressed as Santa. Thousands of santas at a football match would generate plenty of publicity' ...' brilliant, I like it. How's the team doing ?' ...'terrific boss, we've lulled the rest of the division into a false sense of security, they won't expect us to go for the title now though that latest manager says this week's game is another toughie and we might have to play 6 in midfield to counter the threat'...'damn Katrien, won't that mean we will have no one up front ?'... 'yes boss, but the Team manager says it won't make any difference to our game as we don't score that many any way'

You'all do well to get that lot on a banner.
    No problem, I found a massive old red and black che guevera one that nobody used anymore, painted it white and wrote the words on top of that
  • Stig said:

If we continue to protest , can we leave it to just the cup games ,

THE FACTS PROVE THAT CHARLTON GET BETTER RESULTS WHEN THERE ARE IN GROUND PROTESTS !
    Is that scientifically proven with a double blind test or just clinically proven?

When asked, did seven out of eleven Charlton players say they preferred in-game protests?
    It's about results. By my reckoning the the matches where we can say that we protested are as follows:

28/11/15 Stand Up For the 2%. Lost 3-0 to Ipswich.
    30/01/16 Two giant banners in away end at NY Stadium. Beat Rotherham 4-1.
    06/02/16 Home made banners. Lost 1-0 to Bristol City.
    08/03/16 Pinocchio masks, a whole box of Pinocchio sponsors and a placard featuring Meire's fake resignation. Drew 0-0 with MKD.
    13/03/16 Coffin, beach balls and a walk out. Beat Middlesbrough 2-0.
    02/04/16 Stress Balls. Beat Birmingham 2-1.
    23/04/16 Joint march with Brighton fans. Lost 3-1 to Brighton.
    07/05/16 Liar banner, fans on the pitch and ripped up sofa. Lost To Burnley 4-0.
    15/10/16 Flying Pigs. Beat Coventry 3-0.

P W D L F A P GD PPG GDPG
    9 4 1 4 12 13 13 -1 1.44 -0.11

Whilst the claim that 'we only win when we protest' doesn't quite stand up to scrutiny, if you compare these results with results of matches when we didn't protest you'll see that protest matches produce, on average, results of mid-table mediocrity whilst non-protest matches are of relegation standard. In short, the drip feed of concern from a small minority of fans who'd like to use team performance as an argument against the protests is completely unfounded.

Of course, nine matches is only a small sample and there could be other things affecting the results. In particular that eight out of the nine matches were at home with only one away. Under normal circumstances this may count for a lot, but under this toxic regime Charlton doesn't actually have a home advantage to affect the results. Potentially skewing results in the other direction is the fact that three of the nine matches concerned were towards the end of the season against teams with promotion or championship aspirations. Finally, if you look at the main matches where Card organised things to go on the pitch, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Coventry, we have won them all.

It's hard to make a serious claim that the protests have actually helped Charlton's results, except in the case of the Middlesbrough match where a whistle in the crowd spoiled a potential goal scoring attack for the visitors. It is though, nonsense to keep repeating the mantra that they are damaging - clearly they aren't.

The results do seem slightly better when we've had major protests, but to be confident of a causal link we would need a lot more evidence - I am all in favour of that!
    There was also the pre game protests outside the west stand against shef wendies. Which we won one of Karels 2 wins. I remember a couple of players said they could hear the nose from the dressing room and it spurred them on.
  • Stig said:

If we continue to protest , can we leave it to just the cup games ,

It's about results. By my reckoning the the matches where we can say that we protested are as follows:

28/11/15 Stand Up For the 2%. Lost 3-0 to Ipswich.
    30/01/16 Two giant banners in away end at NY Stadium. Beat Rotherham 4-1.
    06/02/16 Home made banners. Lost 1-0 to Bristol City.
    08/03/16 Pinocchio masks, a whole box of Pinocchio sponsors and a placard featuring Meire's fake resignation. Drew 0-0 with MKD.
    13/03/16 Coffin, beach balls and a walk out. Beat Middlesbrough 2-0.
    02/04/16 Stress Balls. Beat Birmingham 2-1.
    23/04/16 Joint march with Brighton fans. Lost 3-1 to Brighton.
    07/05/16 Liar banner, fans on the pitch and ripped up sofa. Lost To Burnley 4-0.
    15/10/16 Flying Pigs. Beat Coventry 3-0.

P W D L F A P GD PPG GDPG
    9 4 1 4 12 13 13 -1 1.44 -0.11

Whilst the claim that 'we only win when we protest' doesn't quite stand up to scrutiny, if you compare these results with results of matches when we didn't protest you'll see that protest matches produce, on average, results of mid-table mediocrity whilst non-protest matches are of relegation standard. In short, the drip feed of concern from a small minority of fans who'd like to use team performance as an argument against the protests is completely unfounded.

Of course, nine matches is only a small sample and there could be other things affecting the results. In particular that eight out of the nine matches were at home with only one away. Under normal circumstances this may count for a lot, but under this toxic regime Charlton doesn't actually have a home advantage to affect the results. Potentially skewing results in the other direction is the fact that three of the nine matches concerned were towards the end of the season against teams with promotion or championship aspirations. Finally, if you look at the main matches where Card organised things to go on the pitch, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Coventry, we have won them all.

It's hard to make a serious claim that the protests have actually helped Charlton's results, except in the case of the Middlesbrough match where a whistle in the crowd spoiled a potential goal scoring attack for the visitors. It is though, nonsense to keep repeating the mantra that they are damaging - clearly they aren't.

The results do seem slightly better when we've had major protests, but to be confident of a causal link we would need a lot more evidence - I am all in favour of that!
    I was going to do a blog post on this tomorrow.

Bastard.

:-)