Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The PR Battle

There is no doubt that CARD and all of the anti regime factions are winning the PR battle hands down. Reviewing all media over the weekend and this morning that is very, very clear.

Comments

• Won't someone please speak up for the regime at a national level?.... Anyone?

@pitchlondon

@pitchlondon
    Sorry. I meant unpaid support.

What's Kelvin Mackenzies stance on all this?
  • Kap10 said:

DRAddick said:

It's not really a battle is it? It's too one sided for that. It's more the equivalent of a very tall bloke holding a very short bloke at arms length and the little bloke can't get any strikes in whilst he's repeatedly being kicked in the nuts.

You have missed out the bit where the little bloke keeps swinging a punch which lands on his own jaw!
    We're the little bloke!!
  • edited October 2016
    DRAddick said:

It's not really a battle is it? It's too one sided for that. It's more the equivalent of a very tall bloke holding a very short bloke at arms length and the little bloke can't get any strikes in whilst he's repeatedly being kicked in the nuts.

The fight is against indifference and a lack of knowledge, which is incredibly difficult. I think CARD are doing a good job of fighting that, but I'm not in a position to gauge how well they're doing overall on that front.

And I'm still not convinced that we shouldn't be starting a salacious and libelous rumour about our CEO's sex life...
  • DRAddick said:

prepare for them to fight dirty then.
    Threats to Meire, hooliganism, demos on children's day. Statements will be issued featuring the above.
  • DRAddick said:

prepare for them to fight dirty then.
    Threats to Meire, hooliganism, demos on children's day. Statements will be issued featuring the above.
    That particular idea seems to be their main one at the moment; they keep throwing out family fun days when there's been an announced demonstration.

One would think the council may like to question them over the safety and planning behind that actually...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016

Won't someone please speak up for the regime at a national level?.... Anyone?

@pitchlondon

Actually, it's this:

"I AM 100 per cent behind the various stunts by Charlton fans to force out the non-investing, non-attending, non-interested Belgian owner Roland Duchatelet but I draw the line at surrounding the director’s box and abusing them at point-blank range.

It’s called bullying and should stop.

In-your-face violence of this kind devalues the legitimate argument."

The Sun, on website dated Oct 20 (or possibly earlier).

...Not that he or that rag could ever be accused of bullying.
  • Aw poor Kelvin did we spoil your view?
  • "Feel free to protest, but for the love of god do it quietly"
  • Stick the sun deep in his Harris and get it burned the scummy paper and bloke

@pitchlondon

Actually, it's this:

"I AM 100 per cent behind the various stunts by Charlton fans to force out the non-investing, non-attending, non-interested Belgian owner Roland Duchatelet but I draw the line at surrounding the director’s box and abusing them at point-blank range.

It’s called bullying and should stop.

In-your-face violence of this kind devalues the legitimate argument."

The Sun, on website dated Oct 20 (or possibly earlier).

...Not that he or that rag could ever be accused of bullying.
    I think that in 1996 Kelvin McKenzie shared enough toxic opinions on his views of the behaviour of football supporters to last a lifetime. And allied to the fact that most of the type of people he mixes with occupy directors boxes rather than mixing with we plebs, there's more than a whiff of self interest in his comments as well.
  • The Sun is a disgusting rag, I only really noticed how nasty it was today - ironically with a story I agreed with.

Lineker, he posted some ill-informed statements in his outrage over the Syrian refugee crisis, easy mistake but he pushed out a line that the Home Office subsequently came out and said "Erhhh.. actually, that's wrong too.". He's in the public eye and should really watch what he's saying in future. BUT, the extent that The Sun ripped in to him on their front page was absolutely f*cking disgusting: bringing up the fact he's rich, the size of his ears and so on. Seriously? If you're reporting the news then report the news, cut the diatribe and the petty personal digs. "Let the facts speak for themselves", as they say, is something clearly never uttered in their offices.

McKenzie is, in my opinion, a figure that epitomises The Sun: a loud mouthed oaf who lets his volume speak for his lack of reasoning.
  • It's not a PR battle. It's the stark-staring blindingly obvious which even the most myopic amongst can see, even if they don't want to acknowledge it. Irreparable damage is being done to our club and it's fanbase. Thousands are giving up and many of those may never return. The longer they hang on, the greater the damage and the longer the road to recovery. It's an insult to all Charlton supporters, past and present, as well as the history of our Club.

Completely agree,

"be thankful that we are here fighting for damage limitation, be worried if we are not, that would be because there is F@ck all left"
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    Yeah but it achieved nothing and was a total embarrassment according to the haters.
  • I am going to shamelessly plaster this link everywhere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lgCZN1rU5co
  • LuckyReds said:

The Sun is a disgusting rag, I only really noticed how nasty it was today

• Good Coventry connection - A few choruses of Ghost Town wouldn't go amiss at the next home game.
  • Just looked on club website and the Gillingham fixture today isn't even on the fixtures list. Joke club.
  • Just looked on club website and the Gillingham fixture today isn't even on the fixtures list. Joke club.

The fixture list is powered by the Press Association, not the club. For some reason, the fixture always disappears on that particular matchday. Been that way ever since we moved over to the FLI template.

The fixture list is powered by the Press Association, not the club. For some reason, the fixture always disappears on that particular matchday. Been that way ever since we moved over to the FLI template.
    Ah, that's ok then. It's a problem that's been known about for years but nobody has done anything about it. Great. Makes perfect sense.
  • Off_it said:

Just looked on club website and the Gillingham fixture today isn't even on the fixtures list. Joke club.

Ah, that's ok then. It's a problem that's been known about for years but nobody has done anything about it. Great. Makes perfect sense.
    It's not so much a 'problem'. The fixture basically doesn't show while the game is taking place and reappears some time after. I would guess it's down to collating the stats which they add alongside the fixture.
    It's the same for every club, not just us and I'm pretty sure this is the first time anybody has brought it up in six-odd years!