Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THANK YOU CHARLTON ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS

My sincere thanks to all those Charlton fans who supported the march and demonstrations on Saturday. I am 61 years old and have supported the Sky Blues since 1964. This was my first visit to Charlton since the 1970's.

You really made our supporters welcome to express our feelings about our disgraceful owners in a mutually beneficial way. I will never forget those scenes which proved genuine football supporters are a special breed and can interact peacefully for a common cause. Those who marched, those who lined the streets and those who viewed from their bedroom windows and doorsteps, I say thankyou!

The result was immaterial to me. Congratulations on a good victory. The important thing was to demonstrate a unified show of strength which I think was most evident on the day. In my eyes a special bond between the two clubs was created on Saturday and I will never forget it. Perhaps people who were there will look back in a few years time and say: "I was proud to have taken part".

Remember. The fans united will never be defeated. ROLAND OUT. SISU OUT.

Comments

• Well done all that attended. I haven't been to a home game this season and will probably continue to resist. Last year with Brighton tho was a great occasion of one voice, fans united. Good effort CARD and Jimmy Hill organisations. It does make you wonder why these stubborn people remain, when they are clearly not seeming to try and make a return on their investment. Keep the fight up !! #rolandout #sisout
  • Thank you Coventry fans. You were asked to join our mutual cause and did so with good grace.
    It was probably the only time I would have preferred a 1 - 0 win to the actual result.
  • This was an amazing achievement to get two sets of opposing supporters together for one aim. Both sets of fans deserve great praise. Now how about fans united organising one big March on the football league from all affect clubs who have unfit and non proper owners.
  • Thank you @WillieStanley1883 and all city fans who could join the march and make it was it was. It lays the path to some sharing of tactics and joint organisation among us and other clubs in the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• My sincere thanks to all those Charlton fans who supported the march and demonstrations on Saturday. I am 61 years old and have supported the Sky Blues since 1964. This was my first visit to Charlton since the 1970's.

You really made our supporters welcome to express our feelings about our disgraceful owners in a mutually beneficial way. I will never forget those scenes which proved genuine football supporters are a special breed and can interact peacefully for a common cause. Those who marched, those who lined the streets and those who viewed from their bedroom windows and doorsteps, I say thankyou!

The result was immaterial to me. Congratulations on a good victory. The important thing was to demonstrate a unified show of strength which I think was most evident on the day. In my eyes a special bond between the two clubs was created on Saturday and I will never forget it. Perhaps people who were there will look back in a few years time and say: "I was proud to have taken part".

Remember. The fans united will never be defeated. ROLAND OUT. SISU OUT.

Was you wearing a red sports rain jacket and came into the lib club to use the toilet?
  • E-cafc said:

Coventry away is now in the diary. If we can help support their cause just half as much as they supported ours then we will have done very well.

count me in
    :)
  • Do Coventry have a forum? I'd like to have a gander...
  • Thank you for all your kind comments. I really hope something as good can be arranged for when you come to the Ricoh, although ideally I would hope both our situations have been resolved satisfactorily by then.

To DA9: That was not me. I started at the Anticalligan pub and walked the entire route to the main stand.

To cantersaddick: Coventry forum is SKY BLUES TALK.
  • Thank you for all your kind comments. I really hope something as good can be arranged for when you come to the Ricoh, although ideally I would hope both our situations have been resolved satisfactorily by then.

To DA9: That was not me. I started at the Anticalligan pub and walked the entire route to the main stand.

Thanks both

I was invited up by Coventry supporters for the return game. Cherry Tree is the name of the pub for a meet and drink with the home supporters; 10 mins from the ground, I was told.
  • Quite difficult to navigate the sky blues site, let alone register, but the discussions are going on here, including one about the return fixture I just noticed;
    http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/forums/coventry-city-general-chat.7/