Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rose of Denmark trouble

edited October 2016 in General Charlton
Coventry fan in peace
Was anyone on here in the pub after the match yesterday . We had a great day (apart from the football) and went in there for a drink before the train back . We didn't realise it was for home fans only but after the friendly atmosphere we had all day and the fact we had women and my 8 year old boy with us we didn't see it would be a problem.

My niece had a bit of Afro from a local who she said was a bit of a perv but for no apparent reason he punched me which caused a scene and we had to make a quick exit. Was he a Charlton fan or just a local piss head . Did put a downer on a great day as both sets of fans were together for the day.

Great club Charlton are and I hope you get rid of the owners ASAP

Comments

• Options
    Agro presumably not Afro (typo).
  • Options
    just a bit of banter
  • Options
    Heard about this because the brawl ended up falling into a pile on my friends and narrowly missed my other half.

One of my female friends was hit on the head as the fighters bundled over a table of my mates drinks too.

Sounds like there was a comment from someone to your daughter and it all kicked off. Shame really.
  • Options
    Racist
  • Options
    Sorry about your trouble. Very rare for any trouble there and it is one of the better pubs in the area. Probably a random twat causing a problem

• Options
    Normally away fans in there no trouble or hassle (admittedly it is before the game whenever I go in there). Hope it didn't spoil your day too much.
  • Options
    Probably a Meire bodyguard/private security guard/henchman/thug/nonce.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I was in there yesterday and had just crossed the floor to the bar when it happened. I thought the guy who came in and threw the punch was also a Coventry fan because when I was going into the pub about half an hour earlier he was standing outside ranting about 'f***n Charlton' and how shit the place was. He had been standing out the front door which wasn't open so I doubt he was a local fan or he'd have known about access to the pub on the evening after a match. Lived in Charlton and gone to games for nearly 9 years and never saw anything like that in Rose of Denmark before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought the RoD was closed to away fans after the game, though I haven't been in for a while as I tend to have a pint round London Bridge now.
  • Options
    centurion said:

I was in there yesterday and had just crossed the floor to the bar when it happened. I thought the guy who came in and threw the punch was also a Coventry fan because when I was going into the pub about half an hour earlier he was standing outside ranting about 'f***n Charlton' and how shit the place was. He had been standing out the front door which wasn't open so I doubt he was a local fan or he'd have known about access to the pub on the evening after a match. Lived in Charlton and gone to games for nearly 9 years and never saw anything like that in Rose of Denmark before.

Your story doesn't make sense. Charlton must look like bloody Elysium to Coventry fans.
  • Options
    I've never liked that pub. The land lady who did/does run the place is a nut job.
  • Options
    @se9addick - the guy who had been standing out the front ranting then got into the pub later on, walked across the floor, said something to a group of Coventry fans in the corner, and hit one of them. He was wearing no club colours so might not even have been a football fan, but he was slagging off Charlton before getting into the pub.
  • Options
    Sounds like he was Millwall to me.
    Sorry you found trouble, @Sisuout.
  • Options
    My brother in law described it as four pissed up old boys fighting. But it was late when he text that.

There is a newish landlady in now. Think the previous one was marched out the door a month or so ago. Irish lady in now.
  • Options
    Sorry mate, sounds a bit like 'wrong place wrong time' to me. Don't use the place but have never heard of any trouble there, sounds like a piece of bad luck running into a Neanderthal who had probably been in there boozing all afternoon. Be surprised if he turned out to be a Charlton fan. Best of luck with your ongoing fight to get your club back. Thought both sets of supporters were outstanding!
  • Options
    Cheers for the replies - Think your right, wrong place wrong time - just a random idiot

• Options
    Sisuout said:

Cheers for the replies - Think your right, wrong place wrong time - just a random idiot

I think every Charlton supporter has total respect for the way Coventry supporters conducted themselves Saturday.
    You must have been unlucky to bump into a total prick