Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What about a petition calling on Meire to resign ?

edited October 2016 in General Charlton
Every little helps ?

Keep the pressure on. Every day the number of signatures will go up.

The press can be quizzing her as the total grows.

Cost to protest fund = nil.

Comments

• How many people do we have to get to agree to get it debated in parliament?

100,000 !

• edited October 2016

How many people do we have to get to agree to get it debated in parliament?

100,000 !

Challenging, but might be possible, if circulated to other clubs fans sites (probably not W Ham lol).
  • Every little helps ?

Keep the pressure on. Every day the number of signatures will go up.

The press can be quizzing her as the total grows.

Cost to protest fund = nil.

Are you asking whether people think it will be an effective idea? Or for permission? Or for someone to go and do it?

My answers would be: Not really; you don't need it; and, sorry, I'm a bit busy.
  • edited October 2016
    Whether people think it's an effective idea, to add to the pressure.

Obviously, it won't get her out by itself.
  • edited October 2016

How many people do we have to get to agree to get it debated in parliament?

100,000 !

Target 100k would put target 20k to shame.
    Or it could be started as the unofficial Target 20K ?

I'll leave it for the "brains" at CARD & the Trust to decide. because it can't work without their backing/starting it.

Better than a questionaire ?
  • I'm sure if we shared it on plenty of Coventry pages they would support it. And Brighton Northampton and Burnley fans too. Add in Blackpool and Leeds and we could have a decent number..

Or how about a about a non club specific petition calling for the FA/EFL to do something about ownership of clubs. Use us and some of the above as examples. Share with all football clubs fans. That might reach 100k.
  • I'm sure if we shared it on plenty of Coventry pages they would support it. And Brighton Northampton and Burnley fans too. Add in Blackpool and Leeds and we could have a decent number..

Or how about a about a non club specific petition calling for the FA/EFL to do something about ownership of clubs. Use us and some of the above as examples. Share with all football clubs fans. That might reach 100k.

The only problem with a non specific one is it's non specific :smile: and won't be an additional lever to get KM out.

By the time the FL do anything we'll all be dead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

Not against the idea at all, but the petition against Roland is still here ourcharlton.org.uk and has not yet reached 8000 signatures

Well perhaps that should be relaunched then & circulated ?

Tbh I'd forgotten all about it/not sure if I knew it even existed.
  • Agree. Could do with a push. I'll raise it.
  • Davo55 said:

Agree. Could do with a push. I'll raise it.

Get it to the fans of the club's I mentioned above. Coventry Northampton blackpool Leeds Burnley Brighton etc. That might give it a boost.
  • Whether people think it's an effective idea, to add to the pressure.

I cant see it would do any harm and is a very simple stat to report on. You set it up and I'll sign it.

I think this is the key: 100,000 signatures between Blackpool, Coventry, Leeds and Charlton is easier. Then, the goodwill we already have with Brighton, Burnley and so on.

I'm sure 100,000 signatures petitioning for investigation in to football club ownership would be achievable, and would still get our plight more attention than we'd otherwise get.
  • I honestly think the population are suffering from petition fatigue, it's getting a bit much these days.

But if you think it's a good idea don't let my opinion stand in the way !
  • Is she still CEO? Cant say i noticed!
  • bobmunro said:

se9addick said:

I honestly think the population are suffering from petition fatigue, it's getting a bit much these days.

What about a referendum?
    The last one didn't go so well !
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

se9addick said:

I honestly think the population are suffering from petition fatigue, it's getting a bit much these days.

What about a referendum?
    Sue Perks won't accept the result if her side loses....
  • Davo55 said:

Not against the idea at all, but the petition against Roland is still here ourcharlton.org.uk and has not yet reached 8000 signatures

8000?

That's about the number of Charlton supporters actually in the ground for the Coventry match ....... or perhaps, the 2%.

• Davo55 said:

Well perhaps that should be relaunched then & circulated ?

Tbh I'd forgotten all about it/not sure if I knew it even existed.
    3 hours later and I still don't remember it. Neither does CEJ. (no doubt someone will tell me I signed it).
  • I think petitions are taken a lot less seriously by the people these days because of all the fake votes from those who tried to change the Brexit result

Petitions feel like a Keyboard warriors route these days
  • I'm proposing that all the fan groups should get together and march on parliament calling for changes to the rules on football club ownership.
    One of the aims should be to give clubs 'protected status', rather like that given to listed buildings. You can buy a club, but you can't fundamentally mess with it.
  • drewman said:

Whether people think it's an effective idea, to add to the pressure.

I cant see it would do any harm and is a very simple stat to report on. You set it up and I'll sign it.
    The danger is THAT if not enough people sign it it can be counter-productive i.e. seen as support for the CEO.

jdmotion said:

I'm proposing that all the fan groups should get together and march on parliament calling for changes to the rules on football club ownership.
    One of the aims should be to give clubs 'protected status', rather like that given to listed buildings. You can buy a club, but you can't fundamentally mess with it.

Don't know what the answer is but players have the PFA to them - does there need to be something to protect clubs and in turn the fans and the competitions?

If clubs are relegated it should be due to teams and managers being better. Not because an owner is running an experiment, or putting unqualified people in important positions, or prioritises things such youth development and the matchday experience over having a competitive team on the pitch.

In the case of Blackpool they've made a profit of £7.5m, some of that should have been spent on having a competitive team, not just for their fans but the compeition as a whole.
  • edited October 2016
    After she has gone as a punishment for what she has done to us she should be forced to live in a convent for the rest of her life.
  • We probably need to team up with Coventry and march to the football league headquarters.