Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top of the league

It might well have been covered already elsewhere (in which case, apologies) but this is well worth highlighting.

telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/14/history-to-be-made-as-charlton-athletic-and-coventry-city-fans-r

The line "It may be of little comfort as the object of their obsession sinks towards ignominy, but when it comes to imaginative ways of registering a protest, Charlton Athletic fans are top of the league" is a huge compliment.

And I'm not talking about just CARD or the Belgium 20 boys. I'm talking about everyone who has made or held up a banner or poster, or has raised a flag, or blown a whistle, or done anything else that contributes in any way to the protests we pull off whether or not these are on match days.

We would all rather be celebrating being known for being a great club, of course. But, in another way, we are holding the proud banner of Charlton fans aloft in these dark days. That will count for a lot in the longer history of our club.

Comments

• Options
    Well said that man / woman.
  • Options
    This is a really good point. My daughter (15 yo) came yesterday and enjoyed the protest and was proud to be part of a group described as so positive and imaginative.