Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New VOTV130 with Sasa Ilic interview

edited October 2016 in General Charlton

More at www.votvonline.com

Comments

• Options
    I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but that Antigonish quote caught my eye. Absolutely perfect.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but that Antigonish quote caught my eye. Absolutely perfect.

Indeed
  • Options
    The Sasa interview is excellent
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    As reported in the new issue:

Valley Review against Shrewsbury 16/8/16 - Murray deleted
    Valley Review against Oldham 27/9/16 - Murray reinstated

imageimage
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    My best guess is that at some level within the club Murray's resignation was misunderstood and this only came to light when he attended the Wimbledon game. But anything's possible!
  • Options

My best guess is that at some level within the club Murray's resignation was misunderstood and this only came to light when he attended the Wimbledon game. But anything's possible!

It has to be that ... incredible how good this lot are with misinformation
  • Options
    Who is the Chairman of CAFC?
  • Options

Who is the Chairman of CAFC?

Sue Free Loader Perks
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    stonemuse said:

The Sasa interview is excellent

It certainly is. Those fotos of him in our colours made me feel really sad for an era long gone, but the story of his retreat in Montenegro is uplifting. I seriously plan to check it out. If you look at his Twitter feed you can see he has changed his life in many ways. Then there is his uncompromising support for us. Big guy in many ways is Sasa.

• Options
    Separately I thought that part 2 of Rick's review of the Murray years was equally as fair and balanced as the first. I hope Richard has read it and come to a similar conclusion.

I do still feel there is more to write about the Chappell years. I was completely out of the loop then, never understood who Derek Chappell was, what exactly his goals were in buying his way onto the board, and what influence that had on the effectiveness of decision making at the time.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016

Separately I thought that part 2 of Rick's review of the Murray years was equally as fair and balanced as the first. I hope Richard has read it and come to a similar conclusion.

I do still feel there is more to write about the Chappell years. I was completely out of the loop then, never understood who Derek Chappell was, what exactly his goals were in buying his way onto the board, and what influence that had on the effectiveness of decision making at the time.

Red herring, I think. You could equally say that everyone from Roger Alwen on - through RM himself, Martin Simons, Mike Stevens, Bob Whitehand, David Sumners, Greg Bone, Gideon Franklin, Dave Hughes, Maurice Hatter - bought their way on to the board. I'm not sure why Chappell is seen to be different, except that he arrived last and ended up being chosen as a figurehead for the united opposition to RM continuing as Plc chair. A lot of the damage had been done by January 2008. The really bold (and expensive) decision would have been to sack Pardew that summer but I can well see why that didn't happen.
  • Options

Red herring, I think. You could equally say that everyone from Roger Alwen on - through RM himself, Martin Simons, Mike Stevens, Bob Whitehand, David Sumners, Greg Bone, Gideon Franklin, Dave Hughes, Maurice Hatter - bought their way on to the board. I'm not sure why Chappell is seen to be different, except that he arrived last and ended up being chosen as a figurehead for the united opposition to RM continuing as Plc chair. A lot of the damage had been done by January 2008. The really bold (and expensive) decision would have been to sack Pardew that summer but I can well see why that didn't happen.
    I guess that is the bit I would be interested in. And to what extent he was passive in this, as you imply there. The difference between him and the others (at least this was my perception at the time when admittedly I had the least contact with the club since I left the UK in 93) was that he was not approachable by fans, and had no intention of continuing the high level of dialogue that had gone on in the past. I remember having a vaguely uneasy feeling about the idea that he was running the club - but very much relative, compared to what came later. I am not saying that he was different in buying his way onto the board. I simply wonder why he wanted to put in such a large amount, if he didn't want to play a leading role. In which case what did he want to do, as leader? I never figured it out at the time.

I agree that by Jan 2008 the damage was done, but DC joined the Board in 2005, and clearly always intended to be more active than most of the others you list except Whitehand - is that fair to say?

• Options

I guess that is the bit I would be interested in. And to what extent he was passive in this, as you imply there. The difference between him and the others (at least this was my perception at the time when admittedly I had the least contact with the club since I left the UK in 93) was that he was not approachable by fans, and had no intention of continuing the high level of dialogue that had gone on in the past. I remember having a vaguely uneasy feeling about the idea that he was running the club - but very much relative, compared to what came later. I am not saying that he was different in buying his way onto the board. I simply wonder why he wanted to put in such a large amount, if he didn't want to play a leading role. In which case what did he want to do, as leader? I never figured it out at the time.

I agree that by Jan 2008 the damage was done, but DC joined the Board in 2005, and clearly always intended to be more active than most of the others you list except Whitehand - is that fair to say?

Chappell held a Q&A at a well attended meeting with Bromley Addicks in December 2008 and in my opinon came across well, and spoke as someone who had clearly been a fan for a long time.

From what I can tell the only thing we need to question him on is the truly bonkers decision to appoint Waggott as CEO?
  • Options
    Airman Brown, will this issue still be available to buy when we play Chesterfield ? as I was unable to attend the Coventry match.
  • Options
    Yes, mate. Or you can order it online at www.votvonline.com
  • Options
    Thanks AB I'll buy it when we play Chesterfield, cheers :-)