Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're still young when

Your teenage daughter texts you from her room telling you to turn the music down.

Comments

• You know you will never own your own property.
  • You know you will never own your own property.

Until after your grandparents and parents are dead.
  • I wouldn't know. I'm 21 got dodgy knees and a bad back.

I'm 41 and suffer the same. I started taking 1000mg a day of cod liver oil a few years ago and my knees are so much better. I haven't found any miracle back cures though.

I'm 41 and suffer the same. I started taking 1000mg a day of cod liver oil a few years ago and my knees are so much better. I haven't found any miracle back cures though.
    I'm nearer 61 and started using Propolus, fantastic bit of gear all natural bees extract or something like that. ;)
  • 25May98 said:

T.C.E said:

I wouldn't know. I'm 21 got dodgy knees and a bad back.

I'm nearer 61 and started using Propolus, fantastic bit of gear all natural bees extract or something like that. ;)
    Is it the 'bees knees'?
    That's good but your no @Tabbles ;)

Touch wood, not had back problems but agree the cod liver oil works generally for joints

Have a few close friends who have had back issues that have been sorted and they variously ascribe this to chiropractor, Pilates, yoga, and drugs.
  • T.C.E said:

Thanks for the tip TCE.
  • edited October 2016
    When you go to small venues to see young bands your kids haven't heard of
  • Sponsored links:

• 61? Ummm ?
  • edited October 2016
    T.C.E said:

I've just looked at the uses of Propolus (Propolis?) a bit closer. I'm not sure I'll be ditching the cod liver oil for it but I'm looking forward to seeing what it does for my genital herpes :smiley:

http://www.m.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-390/propolis
  • 61? Ummm ?

I'm actually a young 58. ;)

Well my mum has bad knees so as kids she has us all on cod liver oil to help the joints as they grow. Clearly did sod all as 3/4 kids have dodged knees. Think it's more to do with the amount of sport we play. Mine first went when I was playing cricket too regularly all year round.

Well my mum has bad knees so as kids she has us all on cod liver oil to help the joints as they grow. Clearly did sod all as 3/4 kids have dodged knees. Think it's more to do with the amount of sport we play. Mine first went when I was playing cricket too regularly all year round.
    Try this, I use it on one of my dogs as well, don't buy it from Holland and Barrett......https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/glucosamine-and-chondroitin-665-100mg-p540/?gclid=CjwKEAjwhILABRDwo8mlqt6ug38SJACNSq_kY_2RfWwtKZidWEYx6GFgv8G3QDQd8lRxU8oPSY0pshoC7fHw_wcB
  • I'm 21...............in my head, trouble is my body disagrees :disappointed:.

Touch wood, not had back problems but agree the cod liver oil works generally for joints

Have a few close friends who have had back issues that have been sorted and they variously ascribe this to chiropractor, Pilates, yoga, and drugs.
    If I was a 21 year old I'd give the drug route a serious crack.
  • T.C.E said:

Try this, I use it on one of my dogs as well, don't buy it from Holland and Barrett......https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/glucosamine-and-chondroitin-665-100mg-p540/?gclid=CjwKEAjwhILABRDwo8mlqt6ug38SJACNSq_kY_2RfWwtKZidWEYx6GFgv8G3QDQd8lRxU8oPSY0pshoC7fHw_wcB
    I'll give these a go. Cheers. They have improved as I no longer play/train cricket 3 or 4 times a week as I did a couple of years ago. I still get some serious pain if I do a lot of sport over a few days. Its more about not overdoing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016

T.C.E said:

I'll give these a go. Cheers. They have improved as I no longer play/train cricket 3 or 4 times a week as I did a couple of years ago. I still get some serious pain if I do a lot of sport over a few days. Its more about not overdoing it.
    Be careful of the side effects mate I've heard you can develop a bit of a cough which sounds like a bark :wink: .
  • .....when it takes you all night to do the things you used to do all night.
  • You take advantage of the bogof Haribo deal at the motorway services and they've all gone 2 hours later
  • Back on topic.... When your back at ya villa from Space nightclub hanging out the back of a 20 year old northern bird.
  • Could you all keep it down I'm trying to sleep!
  • How did this thread go so quickly from feeling young, to talking about tablets for bad backs and bad knees? :smile:

It wont be long till its switched to trains and KM.
  • I still like to select a fallen crab apple and try to kick it from one end of the street to the other. The one concession made due to my age (62) is to stop if anyone is looking.
  • I still like to select a fallen crab apple and try to kick it from one end of the street to the other. The one concession made due to my age (62) is to stop if anyone is looking.

Just take a walking stick with you and have a game of golf with it.

Who says we have an aging fan base ;)
  • SDAddick said:

I still like to select a fallen crab apple and try to kick it from one end of the street to the other. The one concession made due to my age (62) is to stop if anyone is looking.

Who says we have an aging fan base ;)
    Exactly, golf clubs are made if metal these days, hockey maybe Guinness :wink: .