Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2017

Comments

• edited December 2016
    First season (in early-November) Crofts did his cruciate ligaments in a 3-1 loss to Millwall and promptly retired, knobhead. Got three loanees making up my central midfield at the moment.

My reign is similar to Slade's at the moment, only a few points off playoffs but underachieving. It's a 3-player online game with mates, so only getting to January window having started a couple of weeks ago.
  • Anyone else get the message that "due to protests the 2022 World Cup has been moved from Qatar to Morocco"
    Unfortunately FIFA don't have that much sense in the real world
  • I've got to around 2018/19 and been informed that the UK has left the EU and now I need work permits for any overseas players.
  • Anyone else get the message that "due to protests the 2022 World Cup has been moved from Qatar to Morocco"

In FM2016 they moved it to China in one of my games and England in another. Morocco is a bit left field

Canada on FM16 and the US of A on fm17
  • The rumour is that the programmers couldn't be doing with coding a winter world cup.

tbh it would be quite complex to code one world cup into the winter, then have the leagues around the world adapt their schedules to that. It's the kind of thing that's quite likely to break and a fairly simple part of the game that if it doesn't work can make the realism and enjoyment of the game plummet. Wouldn't be surprised to see it in later versions though.
  • Scoham said:

Really hope this isn't an example of FM predicting the future.

Bloody hell, imagine going from Roland to Oyston......
  • edited December 2016
    Would like to know how @covered end junior and @Oh_Yoni_Boy are getting on if I'm honest
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Anyone else get the message that "due to protests the 2022 World Cup has been moved from Qatar to Morocco"

In FM2016 they moved it to China in one of my games and England in another. Morocco is a bit left field
    Morocco is not exactly renowned for being cool in the summer and particularly good on Human rights either so I'm not sure the virtual protestors will be too happy with FIFA's decision.
  • Would like to know how @covered end junior and @Oh_Yoni_Boy are getting on if I'm honest

@JollyRobin I don't want to talk about it, I'm not quite ready to be honest... but I will try.

Changed formation slightly because I was languishing outside the play-offs off the back of some bad results, went for 3 central midfielders (instead of 2+ DMC/AMC) to try and wrangle some possession - worked a treat and by hook or crook found myself 2nd with 4 games to go, a decent gap to 3rd and a piss-easy run in.

Managed to pick up 3 points from those games (LDDD) and finish 3rd on goal difference, morale shot to bits so naturally Oxford beat me 4-2 on aggregate in the playoffs, with Millwall beating them in the final. Who took 2nd place... my (former-)mate who is manager of MK Dons. In my final 2/3 games... One was 23 shots vs 3 (finishing 0-0 with Gillingham) and in the final game of the season I conceded a pen out of nowhere in 87th min to make it 1-1 and lose the promotion spot. The subsequent sale of Kashi may/may not be exclusively down to this.

Anyway, post-sulk... myself and AFC Wimbledon (the 3rd net game manager) are still in League 1. Wholesale changes in the transfer window:

In: Loads of people... most notable, James Henry (free), Louis Thompson (free), Marcos Llorente (£875k)
    Out: JJ (free), Novak (400k), Tex (£250k), Pearce (£975k), Ba (free), Vetokele (£1.2m), Kashi (£375k)

Squad:

Garratt (GK)
    Solly (RB) Bauer (DCB) Sarr (DCB) Hendrie (LB)
    Henry (RM) Llorente (DLP) Evans (AP)
    Lookman (L-IF)
    Ajose (AF) Watt (F9)

Subs: Mitov, Fox, Jack Stephens, Thompson, Gladwin, McAleny, Sam Gallagher

How's yours going? :unamused:
  • I'd advise you sign Diego Poyet on a free.

He had eventually become potential of a Premier League player so you could sell him for a reasonable amount of money if you play him regularly.

Another player who did wonders is Kyle Laffterty.
  • sam3110 said:

I got promoted, and almost immediately the club was taken over by a gentleman called Liam Lacy, my target is promotion to the premier league next season, and I have been given £99m and a wage budget of 925k to do it with.

Does Mr Lacy exist in real life?!

Lucky git!
  • 925k per week?
  • Would like to know how @covered end junior and @Oh_Yoni_Boy are getting on if I'm honest

@JollyRobin I don't want to talk about it, I'm not quite ready to be honest... but I will try.

Changed formation slightly because I was languishing outside the play-offs off the back of some bad results, went for 3 central midfielders (instead of 2+ DMC/AMC) to try and wrangle some possession - worked a treat and by hook or crook found myself 2nd with 4 games to go, a decent gap to 3rd and a piss-easy run in.

Managed to pick up 3 points from those games (LDDD) and finish 3rd on goal difference, morale shot to bits so naturally Oxford beat me 4-2 on aggregate in the playoffs, with Millwall beating them in the final. Who took 2nd place... my (former-)mate who is manager of MK Dons. In my final 2/3 games... One was 23 shots vs 3 (finishing 0-0 with Gillingham) and in the final game of the season I conceded a pen out of nowhere in 87th min to make it 1-1 and lose the promotion spot. The subsequent sale of Kashi may/may not be exclusively down to this.

Anyway, post-sulk... myself and AFC Wimbledon (the 3rd net game manager) are still in League 1. Wholesale changes in the transfer window:

In: Loads of people... most notable, James Henry (free), Louis Thompson (free), Marcos Llorente (£875k)
    Out: JJ (free), Novak (400k), Tex (£250k), Pearce (£975k), Ba (free), Vetokele (£1.2m), Kashi (£375k)

Squad:

Garratt (GK)
    Solly (RB) Bauer (DCB) Sarr (DCB) Hendrie (LB)
    Henry (RM) Llorente (DLP) Evans (AP)
    Lookman (L-IF)
    Ajose (AF) Watt (F9)

Subs: Mitov, Fox, Jack Stephens, Thompson, Gladwin, McAleny, Sam Gallagher

How's yours going? :unamused:
    Thanks mate. I can't find the time to play at the moment so haven't bought 2017, but I love it, miss it and enjoy hearing about other peoples games.
  • It's that time of year... updating the squad and club for the transfer window update.

I'd be interested in any thoughts on the Charlton data. I have my own ideas but it would be good to see what others think before sharing (more players getting decreases than increases to be honest).

I can also update Slade as well as Robinson's profile. As a start I'll be making Slade a more defensive manager, his rating for that area is higher than I'd have expected having watched his football.
  • Scoham said:

It's that time of year... updating the squad and club for the transfer window update.

I'd be interested in any thoughts on the Charlton data. I have my own ideas but it would be good to see what others think before sharing (more players getting decreases than increases to be honest).

I can also update Slade as well as Robinson's profile. As a start I'll be making Slade a more defensive manager, his rating for that area is higher than I'd have expected having watched his football.

I'll be interested to see what Thomas Driesen has for Judging Player Ability and Judging Player Potential!
  • Decreased to 0? I thought it was already there.
  • Sponsored links:

• 925k per week?

Yup, ridiculous amount I have signed 12 players and am nowhere near hitting the limit, signed people including Lucas Piazon, Sam Johnstone, Teddy Bishop, Adam Armstrong and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson.
  • I bought FM touch as I was debating whether to get it on my Samsung Tablet or Laptop, I think you can play the same saved game on both. I started as Charlton and won the league comfortably much like SCP. I struggled in first 4 games getting just a point with me remembering why I don't play the recent Football managers. However I trialed the 352 formation which I think would suit the players we have and went on a 8 game winning streak. I never signed anyone in my first season due to the restraints of the board, they also sold Bauer in Jan which didn't help. Started the championship quite decent signing Louis Tompson and Emilio Izagerria on frees as wells as Michael Bostwick, Richie Towell, and 4-5 other young players for a total of 1.7 Million. Badly need a keeper in as Dillon Phillips is not up to standard. Have sold Kashi and Holmes for 400K each and Ajose went to Birmingham for 1.8 after impressing for me last season.
  • Not 17 as i'm still playing 16 but thought i'd mention that on a new save of mine, i'm 3 years in (i'm managing Man City) and Charlton are sitting mid table in the premier league, with Steve McLaren as manager, Naby Sarr looking like a complete rock at the heart of the defence and Polish Pete is their top scorer!!

So Thomas was right about those 2 then!!
  • Not 17 as i'm still playing 16 but thought i'd mention that on a new save of mine, i'm 3 years in (i'm managing Man City) and Charlton are sitting mid table in the premier league, with Steve McLaren as manager, Naby Sarr looking like a complete rock at the heart of the defence and Polish Pete is their top scorer!!

Yeah but only on Football Manager, not real world! Surprised Dreisen hasn't told Roland to sign Cherno Samba

Yeah but only on Football Manager, not real world! Surprised Dreisen hasn't told Roland to sign Cherno Samba
    Cherno's probably a bit old for Thomas, was he even born when that version came out
  • Final update out now, includes updated database giving you the chance to manage us with our exciting new signings with help from new coaches Congo Chris and Lee Bowyer.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/397893-football-manager-2017-january-transfer-update-1730-out-now/
  • Scoham said:

Final update out now, includes updated database giving you the chance to manage us with our exciting new signings with help from new coaches Congo Chris and Lee Bowyer.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/397893-football-manager-2017-january-transfer-update-1730-out-now/

Doesn't seem much point, the players won't perform for you!