Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riot Police

I was just wondering whether any one had heard if the City of London Riot Police would be in attendance again on Saturday?

Comments

• Options
    Why would they?
  • Options
    to protect the ref and step in when necessary

• Options
    Well they were in attendance at the last game of the season!
  • Options
    Unlikely I would think given the lack of trouble recently and the extra costs the club would incur.
  • Options
    I think highly possible. The club are panicking and will do anything to try and threaten fans/keep them us down
  • Options

I was just wondering whether any one had heard if the City of London Riot Police would be in attendance again on Saturday?

bowler hatted and tooled up with black brollies ?
  • Options
    The City police were not "riot police" and i think you will find that they were sent as resources within the Met were being used elsewhere. Wouldn't really say that we warrant "riot police" just a bigger presence.

• Options

The City police were not "riot police" and i think you will find that they were sent as resources within the Met were being used elsewhere. Wouldn't really say that we warrant "riot police" just a bigger presence.

They did have riot Shields in their vans. Now that may just be where they are stored. But in the back of the big squared armoured city police vans that were at the Burnley game there was full riot gear. But yes wasn't used.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think highly possible. The club are panicking and will do anything to try and threaten fans/keep them us down

What makes you say the club are panicking?
  • Options

Well, back in the day, you would have got a "bigger presence" as the CoLP had a minimum height requirement of six feet for officers. (I think it was five feet eight for the Met.) There were no "short" CoLP officers. These days of course even Chris Solly would get a job - as long as he passed the fitness test....
  • Options
    "fitness test" have you seen some of the dumpy coppers in that photo, I would fancy my chances if they were chasing me and I am no runner.
  • Options
    I imagine there will be more Old Bill at Palace for the 5.30 kick off against Wet Spam .
  • Options

The Met officers were all Level 2 (so with bigger wooden batons) and a few TSG were present for some of the protests though. I can't say I paid too much attention to City Of London plod, but I presume they were to make numbers up.

Perhaps we will see City of London plod if the Met already have a lot of resources allocated to Palace vs West Ham. Although as they're both London clubs that may actually be good for them, as it's one match as opposed to two?
  • Options
    For the burnley game 2x additional TSG units were on standby parked up about half a mile away, think there were 2 at the ground, the City of London police weren't official riot police (i.e. TSG) but they are higher trained in crowd control than your average met bobby, not that you'd have noticed that day.........

I doubt city of London will be there on Saturday, some of Card may know better as will have spoken to the police i'm sure.

Just nobody throw a smoke bomb anywhere near me, I don't think i'll get away with it twice if they pull me again for wearing a green jacket much like the perpetrator.......
  • Options
    We left just before the pitch invasion sadly, as we were walking out old bill were saying the city police rapid reaction force were coming straight in, they were bricking it about pitch invasion from both sets of fans and it kicking off between them.

Nothing to worry about fortunately.

I would expect a decent police presence, but I don't think we are seen as a big threat.
  • Options
    I do hope so.

One of the funniest sights of last season was seeing them trotting onto the pitch in artillery formation with their little red flashes.

Left, right, left, right, keep up at the back laddie........