Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slovenia v England

Should be a much bigger test tomorrow then Saturday was.

Slovenia are not a bad side and had a good win against Slovakia at the weekend too. Have a feeling Rooney will be dropped and dier will start instead. Hopefully Rashford gets a start too.

Anybody going out to the game? I'm flying out tomorrow morning, Ljubljana is meant to be a lovely city.

Comments

• I do wonder what Rooney would have to do to be dropped
  • Slovenian rumour:

Slovenia say Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kevin Kampl, 26, "has deserted" the national team after pulling out of the squad to face England on Tuesday
  • edited October 2016

jams said:

I do wonder what Rooney would have to do to be dropped

Maybe he could try some of these:

1) Cheat on his wife with an OAP prostitute
    2) Hold his club to ransom for higher wages
    3) Tell the England fans to F-off at a World Cup

Or just play shit. Confirmed that he's named as a sub for tomorrow. According to my sources at Sky Sports.
  • Rooney to be named on the bench, according to Sky Sports
  • That's what you need, high impact subs on the bench. Step in the right direction I suppose.
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oh sorry the game has not kicked off yet.
  • Hope this isn't the case for you @NomadicAddick but I fear a dull game which we will either draw or lose 1 nil.
    any country who doesn't beat us should be embarrassed. looking at you Malta!
  • Only beat them 3-2 at their place in the processing of Qualifying for Euro 2016.

Be Southgate's hardest test if he wants the England job
  • Should be a much bigger test tomorrow then Saturday was.

Slovenia are not a bad side and had a good win against Slovakia at the weekend too. Have a feeling Rooney will be dropped and dier will start instead. Hopefully Rashford gets a start too.

Anybody going out to the game? I'm flying out tomorrow morning, Ljubljana is meant to be a lovely city.

Ljubljana is a nice place - you out there long?
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be a much bigger test tomorrow then Saturday was.

Ljubljana is a nice place - you out there long?
    Get there early tomorrow morning and flying back late Thursday so will have whole of Wednesday to explore the city, not a long time but hopefully be able to get a nice feel of it.
  • Can recommend the Union brewery tour and trying Hot Horse (horse burgers).

There was a really good boat bar on the river too but I can't remember its name!

There was a really good boat bar on the river too but I can't remember its name!

Cheers mate! I'll definitely check them out :smile:
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/10/wayne-rooney-gareth-southgate-england-slovenia-world-cup-2018-qualifier

Massive credit to Southgate. Rooney was once again dreadful against Malta. He does not have the technical or tactical ability to play the game at a walking pace. Jordan Henderson showed him how to play that deep lying creative midfielder role, including playing incisive passes and moving around off the ball instead of standing three yards from a player with the ball. Rooney was a human handbrake and England would be playing with ten men were he to start in midfield against a decent side.
  • Soooooooo, the un-droppable captain who plays where he wants and has already announced his international retirement gets "dropped" to the bench.................

at least Southgate is keeping him and united happy!!!
  • Soooooooo, the un-droppable captain who plays where he wants and has already announced his international retirement gets "dropped" to the bench.................

at least Southgate is keeping him and united happy!!!

He'll be on at 1-0 down with 20 mins left. To oversee an eventual 2-0 defeat.
  • At last! Something i give less of a fuck about than Charlton...

Rooney? Not in my name!
  • Macronate said:

Slovenian rumour:

Slovenia say Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kevin Kampl, 26, "has deserted" the national team after pulling out of the squad to face England on Tuesday

bottle job
  • Dazzler21 said:

Macronate said:

Slovenian rumour:

bottle job
    What a relief. Their star midfield goal scorer.

1 against Albania and 1 against San Marino. I qm sure they have better.

• Rooney has been dreadful and shouldn't be in the squad, but I'm not sure he deserves any stick. He's physically and probably mentally lost it but he's been a decent servant in a dreadful era for the England team
  • Sponsored links:

• Southgate is so out of his depth, it's painful to watch. The press will rip him to shreds at the first opportunity. Strachan will run rings around him in the build up to the Scotland game. I think he'll be happy to hand the job back to the FA after the four games.
  • wmcf123 said:

Rooney has been dreadful and shouldn't be in the squad, but I'm not sure he deserves any stick. He's physically and probably mentally lost it but he's been a decent servant in a dreadful era for the England team

He's been shit at every major tournament since 2004, as have England since 98.

Poke the qualifiers.
  • wmcf123 said:

Rooney has been dreadful and shouldn't be in the squad, but I'm not sure he deserves any stick. He's physically and probably mentally lost it but he's been a decent servant in a dreadful era for the England team

He's been shit at every major tournament since 2004, as have England since 98.

Poke the qualifiers.
    Correct
  • edited October 2016
    It all be ok, Jordan Henderson is captain tomorrow.

Ljubljanica River
  • It all be ok, Jordan Henderson is captain tomorrow.

Said before thought he was very good albeit only against Matla.

He's Liverpool captain and if there is one other armband that carries a silly amount of weight with it it would be Liverpool's so he should at least be prepared for silliness. I've never been a huge fan of his, but the last few weeks he's look very good in the holding role, something of a "mobile destroyer," running around to break up play then distributing. Him and Dier as a double pivot with Alli ahead of them should be good defensively, and he can also go box-to-box. He's on form and more importantly he fills a void.

Ljubljanica River
    Yeah it's the name of the bar I can't remember mate!

Ljubljanica River
    But you can remember "Ljubljanica?"
  • SDAddick said:

Can recommend the Union brewery tour and trying Hot Horse (horse burgers).

Ljubljanica River
    But you can remember "Ljubljanica?"
    When it's only two letters added to the place name? Yes.

I remember eating "strips of foal" in a restaurant there once. Well you wouldn't to eat knackered old horse would you!