Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Cercle Brugge vs Lierse SK : Belgian D2

Sorry to join this one late, but after 68 minutes it's 0-0 - a point for the Cercle boys will send FC Lommel & old Laundry Basket Fraeye to the bottom of the D2 table after a dismal run of results.

Hang on in there you Cercles.

http://www.futbol24.com/team/Belgium/Cercle-Brugge/

Comments

• i thought he was doing well at Lommel ? - obviously not.
  • i thought he was doing well at Lommel ? - obviously not.

2 points from his last 6 games - i suppose that is doing well by his standards!
  • Oakster said:

i thought he was doing well at Lommel ? - obviously not.

2 points from his last 6 games - i suppose that is doing well by his standards!
    And Russell Slade's.

• edited October 2016
    Things aren't looking too good for Cercle - their keeper has gone down injured luckily the sub is warming up :-(

• Usual good start and then found out.

Still, someone will stick up for him, he always does.

Last year he claimed KF had got Lommel promoted when in fact he just kept them up by the skin of their teeth.
  • edited October 2016
    4 minutes to go still 0-0

• There's only eight teams in the division though...We're doing far better/worse at 18th.
  • Oakster said:

Of the 3 Network Managers (RS, KF & BP) that are or were managing this season - the useless chumps have a total of 4 wins in 26 league matches played.

Ah, but... GUY IS BACK!

His record since returning to "T1" (head coach) status is: walloped 0-5 then won 2-0 (according to Soccerway), but it was their first league win of the season.

He's been at Hapoel Tel Aviv since 22/9/16. You could not make up this account of his appointment. according to an Israeli paper (original in English language):

"The unveiling of Guy Luzon as Hapoel Tel Aviv’s new head coach was anything but a celebratory occasion on Thursday, with the press conference with his predecessor Eli Gutman, who will move to the front office as sports director, being dominated by frowns rather than smiles.

Hapoel has had very little to cheer about recently, being one of three teams yet to win a match in the Premier League this season, picking up just two points from its first four games.

Gutman decided to step down and appoint Luzon in his place, but with Hapoel in financial dire straits, owner Amir Kabiri told him that Luzon’s salary will have to come out of his pay. So desperate was Gutman to leave his post that he agreed to forgo NIS 480,000* after tax in favor of Luzon."

---

*Current exchange rate is £1 : 4.78 NIS. I don't know what the cost of living is like over there, but I hope he can keep his missus in the manner to which she is accustomed.

1 Maccabi Tel Aviv 6 5 1 0 18 4 +14 16
    2 Maccabi Petah … 5 3 2 0 8 4 +4 11
    3 Hapoel Be'er Sheva 5 3 1 1 9 3 +6 10
    4 Hapoel Haifa 6 3 0 3 11 8 +3 9
    5 Maccabi Haifa 6 2 3 1 6 5 +1 9
    6 Beitar Jerusalem 6 2 3 1 10 10 +0 9
    7 Ironi Kiryat S… 6 1 5 0 8 7 +1 8
    8 Hapoel Kfar Saba 6 2 1 3 5 7 -2 7
    9 Bnei Yehuda 6 1 3 2 5 8 -3 6
    10 Hapoel Ashkelon 6 1 3 2 4 8 -4 6
    11 Hapoel Ra'anana 6 1 2 3 3 6 -3 5
    12 Hapoel Tel Aviv 6 1 2 3 5 11 -6 5
    13 Bnei Sakhnin 6 1 2 3 4 10 -6 5
    14 Ashdod 6 0 2 4 4 9 -5 2

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Sports/Gutman-Luzon-do-awkward-shakeup-dance-468513
  • Sponsored links:

• Crazy Guy.
  • Oakster said:

Of the 3 Network Managers (RS, KF & BP) that are or were managing this season - the useless chumps have a total of 4 wins in 26 league matches played.

Ah, but... GUY IS BACK!

His record since returning to "T1" (head coach) status is: walloped 0-5 then won 2-0 (according to Soccerway), but it was their first league win of the season.

He's been at Hapoel Tel Aviv since 22/9/16......
    Oh no! I hope someone has told Colin1961 he's been hanging around Regent Street hoping to bump into him again for the last 8 months...