Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

September goal of the month

Thought it odd when I saw a choice of six. Checked, and, indeed, we only scored five goals in total in September. Well, the first team did. Three on the shortlist are by the youth teams. I'm expecting the women's team to make it in next month - hope their games are being filmed.

cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-goal-of-the-month-september-2016-3351330.aspx

Comments

• That surely must be a first
  • I noticed too.... this is what we've become Octobers goal of the month will consist of any October goals over the last 25 years.... probably a few crackers in ther.....
  • Did we score? If we did I must have fell asleep and missed it.
  • We've always used academy goals in GOTM over the years and, three years ago, a women's team player did indeed win the vote.
  • We've always used academy goals in GOTM over the years and, three years ago, a women's team player did indeed win the vote.

So, in other words, we've been shit for several years....
  • edited October 2016

cafc999 said:

We've always used academy goals in GOTM over the years and, three years ago, a women's team player did indeed win the vote.

So, in other words, we've been shit for several years....
    .......unfortunately, it would seem that way!
    Chin up @Ollywozere , you are doing a sterling job in the current climate

#nottheenemy
  • Thanks for the info @Ollywozere. Not trying to have a dig at you. More a sad reflection on what we've become. Especially when you reminded us on Facebook yesterday about the Lisbie hat-trick v Liverpool. Times have changed - just a bit.
  • Magennis vs Oldham was great tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Especially the speed the team showed in the early parts of the move.
  • I just can't choose... Spoilt for choice... oh the entertainment!
  • Not sure about the goal keeping for 1 and 6.

Magennis header was a beauty
  • Under 12s next month