Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT - Response to Invitation from the Club

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

That's the best thing I've read since Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, top work.

Who was the random that got cc'd into the message ?

That would have been the Media...............complete accident ;)
  • Options

Swisdom said:

It's a good and well written statement and says what it needs to say...BUT Could it not have more weight if it were put across as eloquently and face to face?

Not shouty and ranty but as eloquently as this is written would have so much gravitas - it would be hard to see where the meeting could go if this were the opening response.

I know this is a sweeping generalisation but the Belgians are renowned for being somewhat stubborn and this might just make them "dig in" even more. You can get so much more feeling across in a face to face conversation if transmitted correctly.

You mean like the Trust did in April?
    That's as may be but the club have been vocal in stating they are much more receptive to meetings this season as evidenced by the repeated meetings with various fan groups - I'd see this as an opportunity to go for the jugular.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

It's a good and well written statement and says what it needs to say...BUT Could it not have more weight if it were put across as eloquently and face to face?

Not shouty and ranty but as eloquently as this is written would have so much gravitas - it would be hard to see where the meeting could go if this were the opening response.

I know this is a sweeping generalisation but the Belgians are renowned for being somewhat stubborn and this might just make them "dig in" even more. You can get so much more feeling across in a face to face conversation if transmitted correctly.

You mean like the Trust did in April?
    That's as may be but the club have been vocal in stating they are much more receptive to meetings this season as evidenced by the repeated meetings with various fan groups - I'd see this as an opportunity to go for the jugular.

So its not ok while they are f***** it up, but its ok once they realise its F******?
  • Options
    I suspect Ms Meire is actually quite pleased and relieved she won't have to sit down for a meeting with CARD. Let's see what her expensively assembled PR sub-contractors can do with the epic mugging off she's just had!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Swisdom said:

The circumstances behind this, letter at 6pm and media informed the following morning show her actions for what they are ...a cynical PR exercise, and that is how it should be treated. The response by CARD has been exemplary and will play out well.
    I don't disagree - think this could be a turning point especially if the rumours were true that RD was receptive to selling but now wants to prove CARD wrong. Maybe this would tip him over the edge and he'd cut his losses and realise he can't win.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

stonemuse said:

Swisdom said:

The circumstances behind this, letter at 6pm and media informed the following morning show her actions for what they are ...a cynical PR exercise, and that is how it should be treated. The response by CARD has been exemplary and will play out well.
    I don't disagree - think this could be a turning point especially if the rumours were true that RD was receptive to selling but now wants to prove CARD wrong. Maybe this would tip him over the edge and he'd cut his losses and realise he can't win.
    We can but hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

beyond parody
    Must be all of 2 hours since I saw that on here! Not sure why it's the case. I've never said I love the ownership and all it stands for - always maintained my love for the club and what we stand for. Genuinely think this might be a turning point so no need to dig me out.
  • Options
    I'd guess it might have been written by the kind of person who could make Tony Jiminez sound eloquent. But they are clearly the shy and retiring type who prefer to remain anonymous. Brilliantly put in any case, whoever you are.
  • Options
    Well done CARD!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    No doubt KM will seek out AB and accuse him of being frightened to meet her.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

What would we have lost by agreeing to meet?
    I doubt everyone would leave the meeting as besties and KM would still be on tinder; but this all started as a demand for the owners to spell it out in black and white.
    This could have been that opportunity.

If they had really wanted to have worked with fans etc , then they would have done so in summer!

They're only 'wanting a meeting' because protests are now back underway!
    That's exactly the reason. Bollocks to them.
  • Options
    Brilliant response CARD
  • Options
    This is the best thing I've read in ages. Absolutely superb - I hope it gets picked up by the press. I have sent it on to a football journalist friend.

Well done & keep the faith - we will win.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

What would we have lost by agreeing to meet?
    I doubt everyone would leave the meeting as besties and KM would still be on tinder; but this all started as a demand for the owners to spell it out in black and white.
    This could have been that opportunity.

If they had really wanted to have worked with fans etc , then they would have done so in summer!

They're only 'wanting a meeting' because protests are now back underway!
    This, this and this.
    It's absolutely pathetic what they're trying to do.
    Can't bloody wait for the 15th. Spread the word.