Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT - Response to Invitation from the Club

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    CharlTony said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

If CARD wants to sit down with Katrien or Rolland it isn't a problem we have there home addresses, perhaps pop in for a cup of tea?

Probably best to take the stance of SELL THE CLUB though, apparently they don't like guests rocking up at there houses.

C4FC4L1f3 said:

If CARD wants to sit down with Katrien or Rolland it isn't a problem we have there home addresses, perhaps pop in for a cup of tea?

Probably best to take the stance of SELL THE CLUB though, apparently they don't like guests rocking up at there houses.

Seems to me that turning up at someone's parents house is creepy and intimidating and just doesn't help in anyway to achieve what I hope is everyone on here's ultimate goal to get our Club out of the miserable place it is currently in.

I agree it could be intimidating but to suggest that this was the aim or intention of the gallent supporters would be wrong.

The clear aim was to embarrass and I think it achieved that, which I think was helpful at that point in time.

However, it is a very sobering thought at just how easy it is for anyone to track down ones own family armed with only basic information that is so readily available. Hopefully I will never have access to any information that anyone desperately needs, or upset anyone to that degree. Freedom from fear is such a delicate and fragile right.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Cambridge said:

MAy as well go all the way and admit to wanting curbs out. He stayed about 5 years too long (similar to his good mate Fergie). Boring boring football. 6 in defence, with solid 4 in midfield as soon as we lost the ball. Yes premier league, but that wasn't football!

5 years too long? Sorry but that is possibly the most ridiculous statement I've seen on here for years. You mean before Parker and Jensen at their best and then Smertin Murphy and Bent albeit their collective peak was only half a season

• Options
    Part of the protests has been to protest against the hiring of incompetent foreign managers who don't have any experience of English football.

When we get relegated the spin will be to blame the manager rather than the systemic mis-management of the club - "We did what the fans asked for and appointed an experienced English manager, it wasn't our idea, it's the fan's fault we've been relegated."

• Options
    We are getting closer to something posted months ago - what do we actually want? I hear the "get the owners out" but dare I say that isn't our actual goal. For example - RD leaves and we get the same again but with a different name - have we achieved our objective? No. What we actually want is Charlton back as Charlton. This message should be stronger than it is right now. It's not RD or KM personally it's about how they are managing Charlton.

I can already hear the replies of - that is what we say, read the messages. But I'm afraid in the same way many said they wanted a quality coach with experience etc all that was heard were those who were asking for British British British. Our PR needs to be better than this.

No doubt that will be taken as a negative but in fact it simply asks for more, ambition to be better - something we all can be in life. Never stop improving. (Not a religious statement btw).
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

MAy as well go all the way and admit to wanting curbs out. He stayed about 5 years too long (similar to his good mate Fergie). Boring boring football. 6 in defence, with solid 4 in midfield as soon as we lost the ball. Yes premier league, but that wasn't football!

I think it's easy to forget just how good the standard was in those days. What is served up now is nowhere near that level.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Cambridge said:

Are you for real? We had some great games and memories from the Premiership days. What is served up now is almost a different sport it is so inferior!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Cambridge said:

Would much rather boring football in the Premier League than League 1 to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cambridge said:

Let's not forget that back in those days we weren't just watching future Premier League stars in Charlton colours we were watching current Premier League stars ... and they were playing for us!

We. Will. Win.
  • Options
    Fuck em
  • Options

Was going to Meire's parents house a mistake?

If so then maybe the Belgium 20 should admit to mistakes in the past and then get straight back out there and do it again.

Then they could admit to making mistakes in the past... And go back out there and do it again...

And on...and on.....and on.

If you can't beat them, learn from them!

It was a mistake and we are sorry, we will learn from it and do it better next time!

Oh wait.........
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

Getting your twatish post of the year entry in really early aren’t you?
    Mind you, it will be in the running I think come December.
  • Options

Cambridge said:

That was last year Soundas :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Cambridge said:

Oh FFS.......lol!
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Cambridge said:

?
    Yeah this is a resurrected thread from October 2016 so he was circa 14 months too early for the 2018 Twattish Post of the Year submissions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Be unfortunate if someone brought this thread to the attention of Sheffield Wednesday fans...

Dare ya ...