Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: EFL Trophy: Charlton 0-2 Crawley

many thanks to the brave 13 who gave marks, here are the truncated stats:

Comments

• Looks about right. Fox and Novak definitely the worst on the pitch. Much as it galls to say it but Roger Johnson had a very good game. Neat and tidy and lots of yelling at people to get them into better positions when defending.
  • I did mean to mention that it is interesting that after Holmes the next 4 players are not usually in the matchday squad, wonder if Slade noticed?
  • cafc-west said:

Looks about right. Fox and Novak definitely the worst on the pitch. Much as it galls to say it but Roger Johnson had a very good game. Neat and tidy and lots of yelling at people to get them into better positions when defending.

And that's about what you should expect with him. The problem is he is prone to a clanger or two, is poor in possession, and at times gets caught out of position. I'd argue that when I've seen him play, the mistakes he makes are of the more subtle variety, that 6-0 when he was playing for West Ham aside.
  • edited October 2016
    Yep, the usual players were the worst, as they are every time they play.

Step forward Novak, Fox, Crofts & Ajose.

Foley and Jackson would have joined them, but it was their turn to rest their geriatric legs.

ARE YOU READING THIS SLADE ? HAS IT DAWNED ON YOU YET, THAT'S IT'S THE SAME 4/5 PLAYERS EVERY WEEK THAT ARE NOT PERFORMING ? CAN SOMEONE POINT THIS OUT TO HIM ?
  • I would still contend that there is an inherent bias of Fox ratings. I suspect that, consciously and unconsciously, he starts with a "lower rating" than someone like Solly due to data collection bias.
  • SDAddick said:

I would still contend that there is an inherent bias of Fox ratings. I suspect that, consciously and unconsciously, he starts with a "lower rating" than someone like Solly due to data collection bias.

You're probably right, because I despair every time I see his name on the team sheet.