Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ledley King withdraws

from squad, despite not suffering any reaction overnight to his knee.

I tihnk he was going to be used as the holding mid, so looks like Spot Parker is going to get his chance at last.

Comments

• Options
    No way doods, not that i care but i reckon he will play that neville muppett in the holding role.
  • Options
    Wow, my post went to the top!
  • Options
    I was watching Sky last night one of the panelists suggested that Parkers blood and thunder flying in to tackles could be an issue with international referees who don't really like anyone going off their feet in the tackle, an interesting point.

They also mentioned Bent as being the best foil to Rooney in the England Squad. Suggesting Crouch and Rooney can't play together, that Rooney is undroppable and in some cases you have to drop players that don't deserve it - Crouch. Defoe was mentioned as an alternative but it was suggested that Bent is better in the air, holds the ball up better, can play as a target man and is better with a ball into feet and should be the 1st choice with Owen unfit... they're slowly coming round to him!
  • Options
    Look forward to the first Bone crunching challenge he puts in on one of the them Croatian Midfielders. That Billic has gobbed off plenty in the build up to this game, be interesting to see if his team can back up his boasts. England after this weekend are certainly there for the taking you would have thought. We'll see.