Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• We're making hard work of this.

27 req'd off 24. Still 4 wickets left.
  • Woakes dropped at slip with 21 off 21 needed
  • Start the engine - a 4 from Woakes and 6 from Stokes help to take us to 8 off 16
  • Never in doubt :wink:
  • Wonder if Stokes will shake the opposition captain warmly by the throat at the end of the game!
  • And Woakes wins the series with a maximum!
  • An extremely professional performance bar a bit of loose bowling from the seamers in the last 10 overs.
  • terrific win .. BUT .. we nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory .. this is some one day team now though .. nice round of applause from the home crowd at the finish .. not ((:>)
  • How big a squad do teams have in the Champions Trophy - because I suspect that we are going to have to leave out some very good one day players.
  • He's not a bad player that Billings, is he?
    I told you he was a good player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Billings and Duckett both played well, both got a bit bogged down post 50, but that is something they will learn about for the future.
  • MOM Rashid

Player of Series Stokes

Can't understand why Rashid didn't get that too - top wicket taker and 33 not out to boot!
  • Yes, an abundance of talent...

my ODI team ,given everyone fit, would be...
    Hales,Roy,Root,Duckett,Stokes,Buttler,Ali,Woakes,Wood,S Curran,Willey or Rashid depending on where we are playing.

Hales,Roy,Root,Duckett,Stokes,Buttler,Ali,Woakes,Wood,S Curran,Willey or Rashid depending on where we are playing.

You just couldn't resist getting a Curran in could you ;-)

Rashid always has to play, in my opinion, simply because he is different and you would only have one front line spinner and five seamers which makes it too samey. So I would make just the one change and leave Curran out.

Hales, Roy, Root, Duckett, Stokes, Buttler, Ali, Woakes, Willey, Rashid, Wood

But if this was a World Cup today then they would pick Morgan for Duckett
  • Champions Trophy coming up next summer !
  • edited October 2016
    Australia going to be whitewashed 5-0 for the first time in an ODI series unless they can get 239 off 29 overs. Now that is tragic!
  • Warners still in though.
  • Cape Town looks cold though.
    My daughter goes to school about a mile from the ground in Claremont, and its her prize-giving tonight !

Always need 2 spinners in my eyes. I'm one of Samsung biggest fans but think it'll be too early for him. Willey plays as the left armer.

But the point stands. Loads of depth in all areas.

That team doesn't have room for Billings Morgan Bairstow Dawson Plunkett Finn and I'm sure there is loads more.

I would be genuinely interested to see an England vs England lions match before the champions trophy. Good way for those on the edge to stake a claim too!
  • WHITEWASH!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have LOVED Warner to get a 200 and still lose
  • Champions Trophy coming up next summer !

Indeed - quite strange that the current World T20 holders won't be there. At least it avoids their players having to strike because of the raw deal they traditionally get from their Board.
  • What this squad is lacking is Gary Ballance
  • dickplumb said:

What this squad is lacking is any balance.

• 3 day warm up match started today. Hameed and Duckett opened in the absence of Cook who has stayed home for the birth of his child.
    Duckett scored 59 at a strike rate of 94. Interestingly they batted Moeen at 5 ahead of Bairstow and stokes as I predicted further up this thread. Not what I'd do but they seem to want to.
  • In fact Duckett was not out. He retired hurt.
  • In fact Duckett was not out. He retired hurt.

Actually hurt? Or protecting the average and letting someone else have a go?
  • Ben18 said:

In fact Duckett was not out. He retired hurt.

Actually hurt? Or protecting the average and letting someone else have a go?
    Not sure. Only got the cricinfo scorecard to go by...
  • He retired hurt to let somebody else have a knock. He must be favourite to bat in the top 5?
  • CHG said:

He retired hurt to let somebody else have a knock. He must be favourite to bat in the top 5?

Hope he plays ahead of Ballance