Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• Options

3rd ODI today - England win toss and will bowl.
    2 changes - Roy out injured, Sam Billings will come in to open with Vince. Plunkett in for Willey.

Buttler wins the toss for the 3rd time and will bowl with weather possibly an issue.

Plunkett comes in for Willey and the exciting news, for us Kent supporters, is that Sam Billings comes in for the injured Roy - and will open too!

Can't believe that Billings is as exciting for you TP ;-)
    He aint. To me he's just a (not as good) slogger in the Roy mould.I'm ok with him coming in at 7 with 10 overs left, but to open...nah. He wont get more than 20 today, lets see.
    Do what?

• Options

3rd ODI today - England win toss and will bowl.
    2 changes - Roy out injured, Sam Billings will come in to open with Vince. Plunkett in for Willey.

Buttler wins the toss for the 3rd time and will bowl with weather possibly an issue.

Plunkett comes in for Willey and the exciting news, for us Kent supporters, is that Sam Billings comes in for the injured Roy - and will open too!

Can't believe that Billings is as exciting for you TP ;-)
    He aint. To me he's just a (not as good) slogger in the Roy mould.I'm ok with him coming in at 7 with 10 overs left, but to open...nah. He wont get more than 20 today, lets see.
    49-0 off 10

Vince 20* (29)
    Billings 29* (31)

:-)
  • Options
    Vince out LBW covering all three - having had an appeal turned down for doing exactly the same thing the previous ball.

63-1 off 11.4

Vince 32 (37)
    Billings 31* (33)
  • Options
    lbw to Nasser Hussein apparently.
  • Options
    You've managed to misspell the misspelling there :p
  • Options
    let's hope that the two Kent born young men can each make a nice lot of runs
  • Options

Was Duckett born in Kent too then?
  • Options
    102-1 off 18

Billings 47* (47)
    Duckett 23*(24)
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited October 2016

Duckett was born in Farnborough according to Cricinfo, I wonder why he ended up playing for Northants?

• Options
    CHG said:

Duckett was born in Farnborough according to Cricinfo, I wonder why he ended up playing for Northants?

Well allow me tell you. His parents moved Farnborough to Northantampshire when he was 10 and he went to Stowe school. He played as an U11 for Somerset. From U12 onwards he played for Northants.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    50 for Billbo.
  • Options
    Some real competition for ODI 5 batting places (I am assuming that Vince will be discarded now and that Stokes will bat in the top 6 and be the 6th bowler):

Hales
    Roy
    Root
    Duckett
    Billings
    Morgan
    Bairstow
    Buttler

• Options
    Crowd don't understand the rules.
  • Options

laws old boy .. laws ((:>)
  • Options

It was great to hear them cheering when the ball hit the stumps in slowmo in the knowledge that it was going to be given "not out"
  • Options
    Shame Billings didn't run and cheer in their faces at the decision.
  • Options

Some real competition for ODI 5 batting places (I am assuming that Vince will be discarded now and that Stokes will bat in the top 6 and be the 6th bowler):

Hales
    Roy
    Root
    Duckett
    Billings
    Morgan
    Bairstow
    Buttler

Reckon Root will be 'rested' quite a lot, other than the odd big series and major tournaments. Makes sense with his dodgy back have to look after him. Possibly the end of Morgan with Bairstow and Billing as squad players..
  • Options

Hales
    Roy
    Root
    Duckett
    Billings
    Morgan
    Bairstow
    Buttler

Reckon Root will be 'rested' quite a lot, other than the odd big series and major tournaments. Makes sense with his dodgy back have to look after him. Possibly the end of Morgan with Bairstow and Billing as squad players..
    I would definitely get rid of Morgan - but as they've just given him a brand new central contract that's unlikely.
  • Options
    Billings goes caught at deep square leg for 62 (69)

127-2 off 25.5

Duckett 31* (41)
  • Options

Hales
    Roy
    Root
    Duckett
    Billings
    Morgan
    Bairstow
    Buttler

I would definitely get rid of Morgan - but as they've just given him a brand new central contract that's unlikely.
    That is a white ball central contract. Which is less than a quarter of what he was on last year with a full central contract. Also they didn't have much choice but to offer it to him. At the time he was captain in 2 formats(still is). For all they knew Buttler may have cracked under the captaincy pressure. Billings Bairstow and Duckett may not have got any runs and he would have been straight back in the side..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billings was doing really well until he got to 59.

It then seemed like he lost patience and started slogging.

He lasted about 10 mins.

Perhaps he was fatigued in the heat, because he didn't look troubled until then. Shame.
  • Options
    50 (56) for Duckett too.

158-2 off 29.2

Bairstow 12* (14)
  • Options
    Bairstow bowled for 15 (18) coming down the track and hoicking across the line.

172-3

106 needed off 18.4

Duckett 61* (64)
  • Options

Hales
    Roy
    Root
    Duckett
    Billings
    Morgan
    Bairstow
    Buttler

That is a white ball central contract. Which is less than a quarter of what he was on last year with a full central contract. Also they didn't have much choice but to offer it to him. At the time he was captain in 2 formats(still is). For all they knew Buttler may have cracked under the captaincy pressure. Billings Bairstow and Duckett may not have got any runs and he would have been straight back in the side..
    They will still re-introduce Morgan - but he has to be on his way out. Hales is vulnerable too given his decision not to tour.
  • Options
    Now Duckett goes trying to glance the ball down the leg side from outside off.

179-4

Stokes and Buttler in.
  • Options
    82 needed off 84 with 6 wickets in hand.
  • Options
    58 off 66

Stokes and Buttler making it look easy.......................
  • Options
    Buttler (25 off 26) plays on pulling a short one.

227-5

Stokes 27* (26)

51 off 56 needed
  • Options
    Ali gives it up oh so cheaply with a nothing shot - out for one.

236-6

42 off 45

• Options
    29 off 30 with 4 wickets in hand