Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• On the card, it shows Ball at 10 and Rashid at 11?

Surely it will be the other way around?
  • 61-2 off 11.2

Vince 16 (20)
    Roy 41 (40)
    Duckett 3* (8)
    Bairstow 0* (0)
  • And now Bairstow's been run out for a duck.

Not a good start.
  • He definitely should take the gloves now!
  • edited October 2016
    Don't know if I've mentioned this on CL before but Ben Duckett was actually born in Farnborough - that's Farnborough in KENT.
  • Don't know if I've mentioned this on CL before but Ben Duckett was actually born in Farnborough - that's Farnborough in KENT.

Yes, you have AA, many times !
    He clearly saw the light at a young age.
  • 114-3 off 22. Partnership of 51 between Duckett (30 off 38) and Stokes (26 off 31).
  • I see Bangladesh have a player called Mos-Addick
  • 167-3 off 29

Excellent undefeated partnership of 104 in 16.3 overs between Duckett (42 off 55) and Stokes (67 off 57)

The question is do Morgan, Root and Hales all come back automatically into the side and if so for whom? Vince - almost certainly. Bairstow - probably. And?

I would like to see Morgan left out and the captaincy handed to Root - he needs to get experience of doing so.
  • Stokes dropped twice in the space of a few balls,
  • Sponsored links:

• Poor fielding by the home side. Stokes dropped twice in 2 overs.
  • Duckett bowled for 60 (78) showing all three stumps moving to off. He slowed down towards the end of his innings but it was an excellent debut nevertheless.

216-4 off 39

Stokes 97* (93)
  • Stokes makes Bangladesh pay for the drops and reaches his first ODI hundred.

• I can't believe that's Stokes 1st ODI hundred. Wow
  • And out for 101 (100)

230-5 off 41.3
  • edited October 2016

I can't believe that's Stokes 1st ODI hundred. Wow

His highest T20 International score is only 31 - he has an average of 13.27. This is, admittedly, from a relatively small sample of 15 innings and he is always having to "tee off" first ball but that top score was his very first innings - against West Indies over 5 years ago!

Edit - just noticed that he batted at 3 in that first innings. And probably hasn't since!

He was playing at 7 or 8 under management geniuses like Ashley Giles.

He has a habit on ODIs of getting out in the 60s and 70s, trying to keep the score moving quickly. Luckily today he was dropped twice!

Tough conditions out there, I imagine Stokes will be really tired and he has to bowl as well
  • Ali goes for 6 (5)

245-6 off 43.6

Buttler 19* (18)

300 should be the minimum

He has a habit on ODIs of getting out in the 60s and 70s, trying to keep the score moving quickly. Luckily today he was dropped twice!

Tough conditions out there, I imagine Stokes will be really tired and he has to bowl as well
    Depends how well Ball, Willey, Woakes, Rashid and Ali bowl. But yes he probably will be needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• What an incredible cricketer Jos Buttler is!
  • Buttler after a slowish start for him gets his 50 (55 off 33) - with 30 coming off his last 7 balls!!!
  • Buttler out for 63 (38)
  • 309-8 innings closed

Woakes out for 16 (15)
    Willey 0* (1)

It has to be said that the fielding from Bangladesh was absolutely appalling.
  • Ball with a wicket in his first over in ODIs.

46-1 off 9.5
  • Brilliant catch on the boundary from Willey for a 2nd wicket to Ball.

82-2
  • And therein lies the biggest difference between the two sides. Bangladesh either dropped or didn't get to at least half a dozen catches.
  • Rashiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid picks one up - caught by KENT's Sam Billings.

132-3 off 22.2
  • Rashiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid picks one up - caught by KENT's Sam Billings.

Same again.

153-4
  • Bangladesh aren't out of this by any means.

They need 136 off 20 with 6 wickets in hand but still have Imrul Kayes there on 82 - a player who scored 121 off 91 against us earlier in the week (albeit now suffering from cramp).