Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How low can we go?

Under the present regime the National League has to be a distinct possibility. No decent manager will work for us and players that sign for us are immediately 'Charltonised'.
We've lost twice to L2 opposition this season and there seems to be a thoroughly toxic atmosphere in the club. If we get relegated this season and RD still owns the club then the remaining fanbase will just disappear.
Surely RD can't let this go on forever?

Comments

• Options
    How many leagues are there? At the current rate of descent there is no obvious bottom.
  • Options
    I shudder to think.
  • Options
    Dachshund!
  • Options

I get it now. Its just a cunning plan by RD not to play Welling in a pre-season game as we will be meeting them in the league any time soon.

Trouble is they are going down as fast as us
  • Options
    Ask Luton or Grimsby fans. Nobody has a divine right to a place in the football league.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I get it now. Its just a cunning plan by RD not to play Welling in a pre-season game as we will be meeting them in the league any time soon.

You'll probably remember Bexleyheath & Welling playing at Park View Rd in the old Southern League before Welling United became a Senior club and moved in there. Maybe the Douchbag will merge them to become Charlton & Welling United :open_mouth: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

You'll probably remember Bexleyheath & Welling playing at Park View Rd in the old Southern League before Welling United became a Senior club and moved in there. Maybe the Douchbag will merge them to become Charlton & Welling United :open_mouth: .
    Chelling
  • Options
    Macronate said:

RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

Chelling
    I don't know about Chelling but the thought of it is certainly chilling.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

Indeed I do. Don't let him read this lol
  • Options
    Macronate said:

RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

Chelling
    Wellton
  • Options
  • Options
    Wing-dicks
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Bass

What a brother know?
  • Options
    Two relegations for us to the National League and one promotion for Ebbsfleet could see Peter Varney returning to the Board Room at Charlton as a visiting director.

Thinking about it - which is the more unlikely scenario - the one above or that Meire would still be CEO for the meet and greet for Varney?

Oh, of course that would never happen.................

Meire would conveniently be on holiday..............................
  • Options
    Can't see us going out the league altogether
  • Options
    Perhaps we'll invite Welling to play us at The Valley as a annual pre season curtain raiser. Could be a sizeable crowd which would help finance the season ahead!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Missed It said:

Ask Luton or Grimsby fans. Nobody has a divine right to a place in the football league.

Stockport County have plummeted further still. They are in the Northern equivalent of Ebbsfleet's league.

http://www.stockportcounty.com/

We played them in the second tier less than 20 years ago and at the level we are now about 6 years ago. They had 'Boris' Perkins playing for them at the time.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

Wasn't John Hewie player manager for a while or am I making it up?

They might have been Bexley united by then thinking about it.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

RedChaser said:

stonemuse said:

Wasn't John Hewie player manager for a while or am I making it up?

They might have been Bexley united by then thinking about it.
    Bexley United yes.