Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russell slade or Karel Fraeye?

Short memory mate, your thinking.

Fraeye was an awful awful manager in almost every single way.

With regret, I'm starting to actually think fraeye, the man the myth the legend, would maybe get more out of this squad then Russ.

The ultimate insult....that's more believable by the day.

How very chaotic.

If it wasn't happening to my football club it would be a tremendous sitcom.

Comments

• Fraeye had players in tears he was a bully. Slade I don't think is like that, just doesn't have the balance right tactically. Too defensive. Of course you can be too attacking as well.
  • No contest there. Fraeye was not a serious manager; Slade, for all his obvious limitations, is, even if only in League 2 and below.
  • Bullet to the head
  • Karel with Slade as DoF.
  • mogodon said:

No contest there. Fraeye was not a serious manager; Slade, for all his obvious limitations, is, even if only in League 2 and below.

That's true
  • edited October 2016
    This is hilarious as Karel was ludicrous, unqualified and out of his depth. He'd been plucked from a tiny club in another country: and it was obvious.

Yet Karel managed two 2 wins out of 14, in a league above, when he came in to a team who'd just had their manager sacked and would've been low on confidence and quite unsettled.

Whilst Slade has knowledge and experience at this level apparently, has brought his own players in and taken charge during a "fresh start"... Yet hasn't he only achieved 2 wins out of 14 too?

Fuck me, this is dire. I've genuinely been thinking the same though, Dave. It beggars belief.
  • Fraeye had players in tears he was a bully. Slade I don't think is like that, just doesn't have the balance right tactically. Too defensive. Of course you can be too attacking as well.

I didn't consider that side of it. I still finding it shocking that Fraeye was capable of bullying grown men, but that may help explain the tensions in the squad by the end of his reign.

I'll give Slade something, he does seem to be trying do a Powell by getting the players together and bonded properly. There should be a good team spirit and some individual quality in the squad that he can build upon.

I know our midfield is an issue, but surely he identified that in the summer? I want to like the chap, but our current spell is dire.
  • One manager oversaw us letting in 11 without reply in 2 games. That's enough to tell me that Slade hovers above Fraeye marginally. They are both totally inept though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sums up Slades tenure so far, that this question is even being asked.
  • Would take both over Luzon every day.
  • Fraeye had players in tears he was a bully.

Really??? Where did you hear that?
  • Fraeye told me he never had players in tears. It was some unnamed network people that had players in tears and used to yell "spread out"

Players in tears? I've never heard that..

Could you please elaborate?
  • edited October 2016

Would take both over Luzon every day.

Would take Riga over the lot. Genuinely cared about the club and I think that unlike any of the other managers we've had under the regime he had a strong sense of a system and worked hard to get players playing toward it (even if he lacked a plan b). There were also a lot of players who individually improved under him (during both spells).
  • In Fraeye's case I honestly can't recall such a nobody making such as ridiculous a jump up to manage a club of our size in English football, ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Would take both over Luzon every day.

Would take Riga over the lot. Genuinely cared about the club and I think that unlike any of the other managers we've had under the regime he had a strong sense of a system and worked hard to get players playing toward it (even if he lacked a plan b). There were also a lot of players who individually improved under him (during both spells).
    Not for me - couldn't stand him - he talked in riddles & failed to get us anywhere near surviving second time round - a dismal spell with a decent squad at his disposal. His record 2nd time round, without Powell's coaching team running the show was as a bad as Fraeye's & worse than even the useless Luzon. My god I detest this regime.

Chris Powell is light years, light years ahead of any of the crap that has followed in his shoes.
    I've missed us having this argument Oakster!

I wasn't including Powell in my selection, meant to say "Regime selected managers."
  • Fraeye. Slade has been in management 20 years and doesn't appear to have learned anything.
  • HandG said:

Fraeye had players in tears he was a bully.

Really??? Where did you hear that?
    Pete can tell you the truth.
  • cafctom said:

In Fraeye's case I honestly can't recall such a nobody making such as ridiculous a jump up to manage a club of our size in English football, ever.

Hockaday from Forest Green to Leeds did not please their supporters.
  • Karel was ridiculous enough to play Roger Johnson.. Oh wait ..
  • Fraeye. Slade has been in management 20 years and doesn't appear to have learned anything.

If Fraeye survives 20 years in management, I doubt he'll learn anything either
  • 1StevieG said:

One manager oversaw us letting in 11 without reply in 2 games. That's enough to tell me that Slade hovers above Fraeye marginally. They are both totally inept though.

At least Slade comes out to talk to the press after the game (even if he does get a bit waspy with Louis) and hasn't thrown one of his players under the bus by leaving it to them to do the media stuff after one of the most humiliating defeats in the club's history.
  • Slade cannot be worse than Fraeye, but we can't keep or appoint managers because they are better than Fraeye. If we did, any of us could be offered the job!
  • Fraeye is the skidmark on the underpants of the football management scene, everything about him was shit.

No one is as bad as that clown.
  • get Guy Luzon back now, before we get lumbered with some network lackey from the Luxemburg 4 div.