Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**** Rudd and Novak at Bromley Addicks on Wednesday 12th October**** New Venue in Central Bromley

edited October 2016 in General Charlton
Wednesday 12th October 2016 at our new venue, the 'HG Wells Centre', Bromley Addicks have Lee Novak and Declan Rudd as our guests.

The 'H G Wells Centre' (formerly Bromley Labour Club) is located in St Marks Close, Bromley, BR2 9HG - Telephone: 020 8460 7409

It is in the centre of Bromley just a short walk from Bromley South station and is on the main bus routes.

We will have use of the premises from 7 pm until they close at 11 pm.

They sell some decent beers like Shepherd Neame and Westerham Ales and there is access from a large hatch which opens into our room which we can close when our meeting starts.

Parking is limited so please use the local streets, free after 6.30 pm

In fact you can park near the Conservative Club where we used to be and this is only about 5 minutes walk away.

You can also park in the Waitrose car park next door to Bromley South Station which is less than 4 mins walk.

Open to members but free to U18s, £3 Seniors and £5 Adults

Be there or be somewhere else

East Kent Addicks rules do not apply

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/H+G+Wells+Centre,+St+Mark's+Rd,+Bromley+BR2+9HG/@51.3992975,0.0165079,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d8aa661e76bed5:0x539e6693fed3e14!8m2!3d51.3992942!4d0.0186966

Comments

• Options
    Those that use other social media formats please pass on.
  • Options
    "Men like Gods" visit Bromley, or is it just "The Dream"? Discussions on "This Misery of Boots" no doubt, and how some of us would swap "New Worlds for Old"! Maybe you can talk about the "Little Wars" between CARD and Meire, or perhaps find out when "The Invisbile Man" might come back to the Valley to see a game? That might not be "The Wonderful Visit" Roland thinks it would... More like "The War of the Worlds" in my opinion! If only we had "The Time Machine" to take us back to New Years Day 2005, and we could put right all the wrongs...that really was "A Modern Utopia" for us Charlton fans!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

"Men like Gods" visit Bromley, or is it just "The Dream"? Discussions on "This Misery of Boots" no doubt, and how some of us would swap "New Worlds for Old"! Maybe you can talk about the "Little Wars" between CARD and Meire, or perhaps find out when "The Invisbile Man" might come back to the Valley to see a game? That might not be "The Wonderful Visit" Roland thinks it would... More like "The War of the Worlds" in my opinion! If only we had "The Time Machine" to take us back to New Years Day 2005, and we could put right all the wrongs...that really was "A Modern Utopia" for us Charlton fans!

What
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

What
    HG Wells books
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Pedro45 said:

What
    HG Wells books
    Ok that explains it
  • Options
    I'm not a member of Bromley addicks but would like to attend. Presumably I pay my £5 and I'm in?
  • Options
    Was The Invisible Man about Kashi, Ba or Tex? Or Roland...
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

I'm not a member of Bromley addicks but would like to attend. Presumably I pay my £5 and I'm in?

Yep, it's very informal so just turn up and ask for Tony the membership sec.

See you there.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    St Marks Close is next to the police station isn't it? I'd be quite tempted actually, I've always wanted to pop along to some of the Bromley Addicks meetings. Alas, I expect next week would be quite a close shave with work - I only tend to get into Bromley South at 1915 or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

St Marks Close is next to the police station isn't it? I'd be quite tempted actually, I've always wanted to pop along to some of the Bromley Addicks meetings. Alas, I expect next week would be quite a close shave with work - I only tend to get into Bromley South at 1915 or so.

If you're there by 7.15 you'll probably be first in. First arrivals are about then & meeting starts at 8pm.

Come along & say hello.
  • Options
    What Covered End said.

It's two minutes from Bromley South and doors don't open until 7 so you can get a pint, a good seat, meet Covered End and still have plenty of time before the guests arrive.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

If you're there by 7.15 you'll probably be first in. First arrivals are about then & meeting starts at 8pm.

Come along & say hello.
    Oh awesome, I wasn't sure if it began at 7. In that case I'll definitely be able to make it!
  • Options
    Need to be a big room the fat bstd
  • Options
    Are the doors wide enough for Novak to get through and the seats reinforced?
  • Options
    Make sure you get to the biscuits before Novak.
  • Options

I've never met Greenie but NLA and Large addick digging someone out for being less than slim Kettle, pot me thinks : - )
  • Options

I've never met Greenie but NLA and Large addick digging someone out for being less than slim Kettle, pot me thinks : - )
    WTF, we have met several times Henners, remember, at The Silvered Haired Swingers Club........now dont be coy.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

WTF, we have met several times Henners, remember, at The Silvered Haired Swingers Club........now dont be coy.
    I did wonder if it was you in the gimp mask and thigh high leather stilettos but wasn't sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Greenie said:

I did wonder if it was you in the gimp mask and thigh high leather stilettos but wasn't sure
    Thats me......see you next week for the Gimptober special.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I've stocked up on Ky jelly, strawberries and shoe polish like they asked.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I was thinking of going next Wednesday but reading some of these posts it sounds a bit scary
  • Options
    Yeah I was in when they mentioned biscuits but less sure now....
  • Options
    Never realised Henry Irving was into gimp masks and the like, I'm seeing him in a different light now
  • Options

Never realised Henry Irving was into gimp masks and the like, I'm seeing him in a different light now

Not me, Greenie.

Bromley Addicks is Wednesday, singers on Thursday. Be careful not to mix them up.
  • Options

Not me, Greenie.

Bromley Addicks is Wednesday, singers on Thursday. Be careful not to mix them up.
    See you Wednesday look forward to meeting you
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I was thinking of going next Wednesday but reading some of these posts it sounds a bit scary
    I'll go so I can tell you about the merits of Slade and stability.....once you have got the beers in of course.
  • Options
    Say hello
  • Options

Say hello

Hello