Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell in

I have never been his biggest fan but at the moment whilst we wait for the Belgians to piss off the club is dying.

Slade is a fat waste of space who is killing us on the pitch and the belgians have sucked the soul out the club.

Powell would get more out of these players and he would unite the fan base and give us a 'buzz game' for his return to the valley.

Is he the best manager we have had recently? Maybe not - but he is what we need so badly at the moment. Get Jacko as assistant manager so he can retire gracefully as well.

Comments

• Can't see him wanting to but seeing as it seems he won't be given the Derby gig full time I would want him back.

It would be a massive improvement on fat boy
  • Yeah because he'd come back wouldn't he *shakes head*

I'm not saying he would come back. I'm saying it would be the best thing for us in our current situation.

If you would rather the fat waster currently in charge to stay then so be it.

I would rather the Belgians go full stop but in the meantime we need to keep the club alive until help arrives. Slade is killing us off even faster.
  • This thread is hilarious. Dream on.
  • I just can't stand looking at that fat loser Slade for a second longer.

• For Powell to come back the regime would have to admit that their first ever major decision (sacking Powell) was wrong.
    Forget about this change of manager and focus on a change of owner. New owner will inevitably mean a new manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• What has the poor man done that you'd make him suffer these arseholes yet again?

Though I would be fascinated to know if, given their time again, they would still have sacked him in 2014.
  • IdleHans said:

What has the poor man done that you'd make him suffer these arseholes yet again?

Though I would be fascinated to know if, given their time again, they would still have sacked him in 2014.

He would almost certainly have walked.
  • If Slade goes it's some one no one on here will have herd of
  • IdleHans said:

What has the poor man done that you'd make him suffer these arseholes yet again?

Definitely he was oozing with unhappiness, defeated.
  • IdleHans said:

Definitely he was oozing with unhappiness, defeated.
    I'm sure. What I meant was, would they handle the whole thing differently so as not to have put him in that position?
    The answer must be no because in their arrogance I don't believe they even think they've made significant mistakes and have no idea of how to go about fixing the problems they have created.
  • FORD said:

For Powell to come back the regime would have to admit that their first ever major decision (sacking Powell) was wrong.
    Forget about this change of manager and focus on a change of owner. New owner will inevitably mean a new manager.

Their first decision was to flog Yann to Bournemouth. Sacking Powell was about their third decision, but the point still stands ;-)

What a catalogue of incompetence
  • He'll be back. Not with these owners but he will be back to finish what he started get back to where he got to.

• Sponsored links:

• Yeah because he'd come back wouldn't he *shakes head*

I'm not saying he would come back. I'm saying it would be the best thing for us in our current situation.

If you would rather the fat waster currently in charge to stay then so be it.

I would rather the Belgians go full stop but in the meantime we need to keep the club alive until help arrives. Slade is killing us off even faster.
    Firstly, stop calling him fat - it's disrespectful, lazy and irrelevant.

Secondly, what the f*** are you talking about? You want Powell as manager in a hypothetical situation, yet when someone points out that it's total fantasy, you accuse them of wanting no change at all.

No one is happy with the current situation. What we need is a proper owner. Yes, it would be nice to have a better manager right this second, but you're talking about one who has made it clear he wouldn't come back to this situation.

So if the whole thing is just a dream, why not dream a little bigger? Upgrading the manager right now is, if anything, worse for us in the long term.
  • edited October 2016
    A $&@ like duchatelet and a $&@ like miere don't deserve Sir Chris Powell. Sir Chris Powell deserves much better people to work under than those two.
  • I have never been his biggest fan but at the moment whilst we wait for the Belgians to piss off the club is dying.

Slade is a fat waste of space who is killing us on the pitch and the belgians have sucked the soul out the club.

Powell would get more out of these players and he would unite the fan base and give us a 'buzz game' for his return to the valley.

Is he the best manager we have had recently? Maybe not - but he is what we need so badly at the moment. Get Jacko as assistant manager so he can retire gracefully as well.

Pathetic. How many times have you called Slade "fat" on this thread ?

He is doing a poor job, but you are way out of line with your insults.
  • edited October 2016
    If Powell learns lessons in life through hard experience, like the rest of us, he will have realised that he was TOO loyal to Charlton. He ended up trying to hold things together during the downward spiral caused by the deepening financial crisis of the spiv regime and stayed on to try to work for the man you can't work for, unless you're one of his coterie of hangers-on.

The truth is that it defeated him, sadly. A more ruthlessly ambitious man would have walked out before he got trapped and I think most of us would have understood and forgiven him for that, sooner or later.

For his own sake, I hope he never comes back until the soul of the club is healed (if it ever is). At the moment, it needs an exorcism and he certainly couldn't provide one on his own.
  • He'll be back. Not with these owners but he will be back to finish what he started.

He'll be back. Not with these owners but he will be back to finish what he started.

I do hope you're right. A Varney consortium, Jacko assistant manager & Curbs director of football would do for me.
  • If Slade goes it's some one no one on here will have herd of

Everyone knows Nobby.
  • Powell's got a good shot at getting the Rams job .. way things are, Colin Paddy Powell would get more outta our players than Noddy Slade
  • Absolutely no chance with Katrien and virtually no chance with Duchatelet.

Not even worth writing this.