Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BOOK LAUNCH - WHITE SWAN PUB NEXT SATURDAY 8TH OCTOBER

Hello Lifers, I am launching the sequel to my first book in The White Swan Pub next Saturday evening 8th October, from 6pm onwards.
Details of the book can be found on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bones-Season-Paul-Breen-ebook/dp/B01LW7PY2F/
This one takes place between 2012 and 2013, which seems a long time ago now, and once again features the story of characters living in Greenwich Borough and following the fortunes of Charlton Athletic in the background. The 1998 play off against Sunderland is remembered in this one, and I also look at the rivalry/history with Palace because a lot of the action takes place around April and May 2013 when they were in the final against Watford.
The evening is very informal - just selling copies and answering any questions anybody has.
Everybody's welcome, even if just to drop in for a beer.

Comments

• Options
    Good discussion from previous thread on the subject of Paul's writing-
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61814/the-charlton-men-by-paul-breen/p1
  • Options
    Thanks @swords_alive - the feedback that I got from this site and others has been invaluable actually, because it has helped me iron out a few things that should make the sequel better than the first, though the first was well received in general. But in the previous discussion there was an interesting aside about who should play which characters when the film was finally made. The part of Katie, the female character, has now been left over for Anna Friel after I wrote a recent CAS Trust article about Rochdale. She liked it and retweeted it. I'm in there but don't tell the missus!
  • Options
    This is pretty unimportant when we are fighting for the very soul of the club at the minute but there are a few people asked me about this, and just wanted to let them know. I will have some copies of my new book at the Supporters Trust stall on Saturday afternoon from about 2.15 (after helping out with other more important things in any way I can).