Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Its all a Nightmare

When I think back to the Powell & Curbs days, it just doesn't seem possible that we now can't beat teams like Rochdale at home ( no disrespect to Rochdale)
Then we have all this money being spent at the training ground, yet we don't have a team that can win in the old 3rd division as for the managers we have gone through since is a joke and as for the owners..............................the lest said the better. As for the next step, one just hopes they get fed up with losing money and a team heading for the old 4th, we may just come out of this bad dream with at least our name in contact.

Comments

• All so very true.
  • Wake up and fight back.
    Starting with Coventry at home.
  • We didn't beat Rochdale at home under Powell
  • or a nightmiere
  • edited October 2016

Today was my first home game of the season. After going to Bury and seeing a totally shambolic performance, capped off by being told to f**k off by one of our players after the final whistle, I really couldn't be bothered to give this shower who own my club any of my hard earned money. But, for a fiver, I thought I'd give it one last go. Well that was worth it wasn't it? No atmosphere, no passion from the players, a useless manager who is clearly only in the job because there is nobody else prepared to take it. And worryingly, at the final whistle I felt nothing but total indifference. For the first time in 50 years, I really couldn't give a toss. My club is rotten from top to toe. You can smell the stench of decay as soon as you get within 100 yards of the place. After 49 years and over 2000 games, I'll never set foot in the Valley again until these Belgian c***s and their apologists go. I'm not going to question why those who still go do so. That is a personal decision. I for one will now donate the money I would have spent on Charlton to CARD, and go and watch non-league games.
    In all probability I will never get to take my 3 young grandsons to the greatest football club in the world which actually hurts me more than anything else. But without principles, and without sticking to them, then the world is a poorer place.
    Goodbye Charlton, thanks for the memories, and goodbye to all those incredible people who like me, regard our football club as an integral part of their lives, albeit in my case, their former life.

Don't give up.

By all means stay away till they go and recharge the batteries then.

You penultimate paragraph is something the apologists will never understand.
  • Today was my first home game of the season. After going to Bury and seeing a totally shambolic performance, capped off by being told to f**k off by one of our players after the final whistle, I really couldn't be bothered to give this shower who own my club any of my hard earned money. But, for a fiver, I thought I'd give it one last go. Well that was worth it wasn't it? No atmosphere, no passion from the players, a useless manager who is clearly only in the job because there is nobody else prepared to take it. And worryingly, at the final whistle I felt nothing but total indifference. For the first time in 50 years, I really couldn't give a toss. My club is rotten from top to toe. You can smell the stench of decay as soon as you get within 100 yards of the place. After 49 years and over 2000 games, I'll never set foot in the Valley again until these Belgian c***s and their apologists go. I'm not going to question why those who still go do so. That is a personal decision. I for one will now donate the money I would have spent on Charlton to CARD, and go and watch non-league games.
    In all probability I will never get to take my 3 young grandsons to the greatest football club in the world which actually hurts me more than anything else. But without principles, and without sticking to them, then the world is a poorer place.
    Goodbye Charlton, thanks for the memories, and goodbye to all those incredible people who like me, regard our football club as an integral part of their lives, albeit in my case, their former life.

Great post mate but as @ElfsborgAddick says, never give up. The club will be ours again one day.
  • I haven't been for nearly a year but the passion to follow from afar remains. Can't wait to go back when these tools leave