Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not worth getting upset

I know it's not great to lose at home to Rochdale. Yes it is shit. But Jesus Christ there are much more important things things in life to worry about. I certainly have much bigger fish to fry and have more pressing matters on my plate. Yea it's disappointing but things like today are not worth getting upset about or getting into a state about. It is not the be all and end all.

Comments

• I know it's not great to lose at home to Rochdale. Yes it is shit. But Jesus Christ there are much more important things things in life to worry about. I certainly have much bigger fish to fry and have more pressing matters on my plate. Yea it's disappointing but things like today are not worth getting upset about or getting into a state about. It is not the be all and end all.

Exact same approach I'm taking... Its only a game after all
  • edited October 2016
    You're right. It will all come out in the wash.
  • I am so pleased that I live so far from the valley and can't get to many home games ... continually watching us humiliated and outfought by these minnows would drive me mad .. I'll stick to watch us being humiliated 'up north and in the midlands'
  • edited October 2016
    I really don't know what you expect people on a football forum, to get wound up about? It's what unites us and it is why we are on here....

Having said that, I like your spirit and I have been replicating it, I haven't given a shit since about 3/4 of the way through last season, and if you are stupid enough to go and give money to these twats then you get what you deserve to be honest
  • Daggs said:

Dave2l said:

Just to be clear.

If I was on deaths door and just lost all my limbs.

I'd still find the time to sign on Charlton life and moan about Slade

How would you sign on ?
    Get the nurse to do it for me
  • edited October 2016
    Yeah, we just need to be patient after all.

Everything comes to those who wait.

That said, im still waiting for my England call up. Should I be starting to worry by now - im 44?
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree. We'll all get through this with the unshakeable power of lethargy.
  • Sad thing is,I'm genuinely not upset,just a bit meh,as I have been for the last couple of years :(
  • 18 months ago this probably would have upset me. Now, every downturn is greeted with a shrug. Thanks, Roland.

But you're right of course. There are many more important things for us all. But that doesn't make what is happening remotely OK.
  • What a pointlessly condescending, patronising post.
    There's worse things in life than your football club losing ? Really ? I never knew that.
    It's a football forum. It relates to a particular football club. Comments and feelings giving rise to those comments will generally be about football and the club it relates to. When it's going shit (a bit like now) the comments will reflect that ( a bit like now).
    Meanwhile, I'll return to my other forums including prostate cancer, world famine and the scarcity of the bumble bee in the UK.

mogodon said:

18 months ago this probably would have upset me. Now, every downturn is greeted with a shrug. Thanks, Roland.

But you're right of course. There are many more important things for us all. But that doesn't make what is happening remotely OK.

Don't get me wrong I was just as gutted and frustrated and disappointed as everyone else. And of course it doesn't make things ok. But the point I was making was perspective.
  • I know it's not great to lose at home to Rochdale. Yes it is shit. But Jesus Christ there are much more important things things in life to worry about. I certainly have much bigger fish to fry and have more pressing matters on my plate. Yea it's disappointing but things like today are not worth getting upset about or getting into a state about. It is not the be all and end all.

Harsh flagging from @CAFCsayer there...
  • Dazzler21 said:

I know it's not great to lose at home to Rochdale. Yes it is shit. But Jesus Christ there are much more important things things in life to worry about. I certainly have much bigger fish to fry and have more pressing matters on my plate. Yea it's disappointing but things like today are not worth getting upset about or getting into a state about. It is not the be all and end all.

Harsh flagging from @CAFCsayer there...
    Sometimes I have intended to like a post and probably accidently flagged it at times. That's because Flag is in the position where like is on FB.