Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD Statement - Resumption of matchday protest activity

Comments

• Options
    Another good call by CARD.

The latest material on the absurdity of Thomas Driesen's role is also likely to provide a 'hook' to capture the attention of the national press and help pour ridicule on Duchatelet and his regime.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Apologises if this has already been posted elsewhere, but appears Coventry have plans already for a protest on the day of the game!

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/sisu-out-protest-charlton-away.66837/
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Apologises if this has already been posted elsewhere, but appears Coventry have plans already for a protest on the day of the game!

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/sisu-out-protest-charlton-away.66837/

only read the first couple of pages but someone did point out that their protest would fall on deaf ears as the offices would be shut on a satuuday and there have been no posts since August.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Slade and the players will probably throw everything including the kitchen sink at Rochdale and we do have at least 5 players (Ajose, Holmes, Jackson, Magennis, Lookman) that will find the back of the net if we attack and create chances rather than allow ourselves to get bogged down on the half way line and pushed back. I suspect CARD could well have now missed the boat by not protesting Tuesday night.

Blimey. That beats the world record for short-term thinking.

We are fighting an insidious regime here. Not deciding match to match if they're ok or not.
    The three most important things for fans of any football club are Football, Goals and Result. Today's Insidious regime are tomorrow's OK guys if they deliver on any two of the first three things. Insidious regimes are only an issue if they don't deliver. Try invading the pitch or stopping the game on Saturday if Charlton are winning and see how popular the protest is then.
  • Options
    need to start getting matches abandoned, maybe not linked but dont people think the gillingham tickets have taken there time to go on sale, whats the odds on cunt and co wanting the allocation smaller.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Slade and the players will probably throw everything including the kitchen sink at Rochdale and we do have at least 5 players (Ajose, Holmes, Jackson, Magennis, Lookman) that will find the back of the net if we attack and create chances rather than allow ourselves to get bogged down on the half way line and pushed back. I suspect CARD could well have now missed the boat by not protesting Tuesday night.

We are fighting an insidious regime here. Not deciding match to match if they're ok or not.
    The three most important things for fans of any football club are Football, Goals and Result. Today's Insidious regime are tomorrow's OK guys if they deliver on any two of the first three things. Insidious regimes are only an issue if they don't deliver. Try invading the pitch or stopping the game on Saturday if Charlton are winning and see how popular the protest is then.
    In a world of your own still @letthegoodtimesroll .. I think most people have sufficiently good judgement as to when it's appropriate to disrupt a game or take any other form of action or non-action. For example pitch related protests were more popular the more relegation became inevitable last season. By your logic we all wait til the game the team are at their most awful and you safely tell us the time to act was Tuesday against Oldham. Do advise the next best opportunity please so we can prepare, and maybe win a few quid at the same time betting on the outcome. You do talk some shit on here pal!
    Everybody talks shit on this subject, I'm just adding a bit of realism to the debate. Ownership is only an issue if the team isn't delivering, whether it's Charlton or any other club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Davo55 said:

In a world of your own still @letthegoodtimesroll .. I think most people have sufficiently good judgement as to when it's appropriate to disrupt a game or take any other form of action or non-action. For example pitch related protests were more popular the more relegation became inevitable last season. By your logic we all wait til the game the team are at their most awful and you safely tell us the time to act was Tuesday against Oldham. Do advise the next best opportunity please so we can prepare, and maybe win a few quid at the same time betting on the outcome. You do talk some shit on here pal!
    Everybody talks shit on this subject, I'm just adding a bit of realism to the debate. Ownership is only an issue if the team isn't delivering, whether it's Charlton or any other club.
    Do you think this ownership have done anything in the last two years then to show they have the potential to deliver on the pitch? By their own admission they keep making mistakes. Have they done any better this season so far? Hard to tell but the signs aren't looking good and we're in a much weaker league. They had the opportunity to really push hard for promotion to right their wrongs, we certainly haven't done that with the signings we've made.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Davo55 said:

Do you think this ownership have done anything in the last two years then to show they have the potential to deliver on the pitch? By their own admission they keep making mistakes. Have they done any better this season so far? Hard to tell but the signs aren't looking good and we're in a much weaker league. They had the opportunity to really push hard for promotion to right their wrongs, we certainly haven't done that with the signings we've made.
    And they will never learn from the mistakes.

The comment "we improve each year" (or whatever it was) tells you all you need to know.

We've improved alright. Improved on being even more shit than we already were.
  • Options
    If they want their owners out, we want ours out also... will the Belgians start to believe it's just another part of the British game?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Davo55 said:

TBF I understand the point you make and it has some truth in my opinion.

Many of us on this forum think the problem is far more than bad results, myself included but there are a significant number of protesters let alone regime apologists who would get the major arse if the protests were to get a match abandoned under any circumstances let alone in the unlikely event that we were winning at the time.

Me, I would get every match abandoned until RD up and left if I could without getting a record but I know that I am likely to end up getting smacked by a fellow customer.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

TBF I understand the point you make and it has some truth in my opinion.

Many of us on this forum think the problem is far more than bad results, myself included but there are a significant number of protesters let alone regime apologists who would get the major arse if the protests were to get a match abandoned under any circumstances let alone in the unlikely event that we were winning at the time.

Me, I would get evey match abandoned until RD up and left if I could without getting a record but I know that I am likely to end up getting smacked by a fellow customer.
    Agreed and that's a big problem.
  • Options
    Do we still have some buyers waiting in the wings?
  • Options
    I will come to protest but not to watch the match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RD and KM have destroyed my club. Can it be rebuilt?
    Not with them there.
    I do not understand the " you are spoiling my football" faction. If you are a true Charlton supporter it's already spoiled.
    No protest is ruled out. One objective- get them out of the club and hope it can be re built.
  • Options
    If the main Charlton Facebook group is anything to go by the support for the protests isn't going to be there like last season. I know it doesn't represent the majority of the fan base but neither does here or any one site.

Did I just never see it or is there a lot more anti CARD/protests/black and white feeling now?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Even if there is an 'anti card' movement (which I think is boosted by the agreed armistice on protests up to now this season) there remains a distinct lack of pro-regime movement, which in itself is very telling
  • Options
    Roland Duchatalet
    Sell the club and go away
    Roland Duchatalet
    Roland Duchatalet
    Roland Duchatalet

Does anyone have an address for the people at the Ivor Novello Awards?
    Asking for a friend.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Davo55 said:

I understand very well the desire to do more at the Rochdale game but it's too short notice for many of the stay-away fans to get down to the Valley now. And the point about casual fans is well made too. They will inflate the proportion of non-protesters in the crowd and anything organised for that day will appear low impact.

However, for anyone who is going to that game (I'm not) just do whatever you can to show them the protests are back. Black and white, anti-regime chanting, letting Meire/Keohane know as they arrive what you think of them - anything.

Then, please please everyone who supports the protests make a special point of coming down to the Valley on 15th October. I totally respect those that are boycotting and the "not a penny more" fans, but we need now to show the regime that they haven't won any battles, let alone the war. We need everyone there for a very large, very vocal display of our feelings. Please don't leave it to others. A small turnout will see the smirks return to Meire's and Keohane's smug faces - let's not let that happen!

Fully supportive of protests with Coventry which I'll join as long as it does not include disrupting the game. My view is that this would create a deeper divide with fans that CARS want to bring on board.
    CARS? Campaign Against Russell Slade?
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Even if there is an 'anti card' movement (which I think is boosted by the agreed armistice on protests up to now this season) there remains a distinct lack of pro-regime movement, which in itself is very telling

I suspect its not so much an anti-CARD 'movement'/sentiment but more a result of having removed the Boycotters from the ground (always going to be an own goal as they were probably the more passionate anti-Roland group) and no doubt lost those that would naturally drift away with relegation what is left in the ground is mostly going to be made up with committed Charlton fans and others that want the team to succeed or just see a game of football.
  • Options
    LTGTR rolling out his favourite trolling line again.

IE only non-protesters want team to succeed.

Don't feed the troll
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

I suspect its not so much an anti-CARD 'movement'/sentiment but more a result of having removed the Boycotters from the ground (always going to be an own goal as they were probably the more passionate anti-Roland group) and no doubt lost those that would naturally drift away with relegation what is left in the ground is mostly going to be made up with committed Charlton fans and others that want the team to succeed or just see a game of football.
    Sorry but now you are talking nonsense. You are claiming that boycotters are not committed fans or want the team to succeed!
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

Sorry but now you are talking nonsense. You are claiming that boycotters are not committed fans or want the team to succeed!
    He's just trolling.

He'll withdraw the "real fans" remark soon only to repeat it again as he's done half a dozen times this season.

Don't feed the troll.