Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD Statement - Resumption of matchday protest activity

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2016
    B**** CARD just when I had resigned / settled myself to not to go the Valley until the Spring !
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    Will now be there for my first game this season. Imo the protests need to be more personalised against the regime. His business interests and her, well just her really!!!!
  • Options
    Are Coventry bringing any Lady Godiva themed protest material?
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Pop up beer festival for Coventry game? protest before the match - have a few beers during and then protest after :)

As long as there's vino for me & Arsenetatters , I'm up for it !

A glass of wine for the ladies :)
  • Options
    Why did I book a late holiday away 15th but will definitely be happy to join in the next one.
  • Options
    Strange, I bought VOTV and it said results were good.
  • Options

Well done. 100% spot on as usual. Please can all the boycotters return for this, it's the right time.

I would but I already have plans for that weekend. A long cycle through Kent with a b&b already booked.

Hope it goes well though.
  • Options
    Good man @cantersaddick - about time we grabbed a beer after a game too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Yes! That would be good!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

yeah - and i'll come along too.!
  • Options
    YAY! All in the Oak after Coventry then!!
  • Options

Davo55 said:

We can carry on the debate about franchise cricket!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Is it worth advising people whether to buy a ticket *cough* child's *cough* for the game or not? We don't want loads of people buying match tickets only to find the protest is outside the ground?

Or would that give the game away?
  • Options

Is it worth advising people whether to buy a ticket for the game or not? We don't want loads of people buying match tickets only to find the protest is outside the ground?

Further communication to come soon. I think we can give sufficient information to help with this decision without giving the club any clues.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Is it worth advising people whether to buy a ticket for the game or not? We don't want loads of people buying match tickets only to find the protest is outside the ground?

Further communication to come soon. I think we can give sufficient information to help with this decision without giving the club any clues.
    In CARD we trust.

• Options
    As I understand the ticketing process, should I attend, I will be buying an adult ticket for me, a £5 ticket for my son, and as many of my son's friends who may want to attend.

He's still asking around at school about how many of his friends want to come.

Any other friends or parents who we have missed out there are welcome to let me know and I'm sure we can block book.

• Options
    Gutted to be missing this. Well done Card, hope it all goes well and gets the support it needs.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

We can carry on the debate about franchise cricket!
    Yes, love to ! - can see us being in there all night !
    We can also discuss our little overseas trip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I posted this on the crowd watch thread, I think maybe it would have been better suited here.....

I still think staying away is playing into their hands. They havent lifted a finger to try and pacify us Peasants.

If people go along even just to protest and make some noise, then this has got to be better than letting those smug bastards have a quiet Saturday afternoon.

The money from attendances makes no difference to this twat either way as he is using it as a tax write off for Staprix.

We shouldn't be laying down quietly, we should be turning the clocks back and battle for the Valley we all love.

I was in favour of the boycotting of season tickets as we know a (normal) club needs the cash flow in close season....well, we arent a normal club, we are part of a mechanised business machine and staying away is of no consequence to them. So, pay on the day and cause as much legal disruption as possible.

Protest for a fiver is the ideal starting point.
  • Options

Are Coventry bringing any Lady Godiva themed protest material?

If so, Charlton can lend them Peeping Tom (Driesen).
  • Options
    I would suggest that one effect of protests is to cause expense and to piss people off as much as possible.
    There ought to be a route for the uninterested to go and watch a game, but otherwise everything is fair game.
    It was impressive how much the car park protest had an impact, and also events that really get under the skin of the blue jacketed thugs, and also getting bodies into the inner sanctum of the west stand is something they fear.
    I hope any protests cost rich Roland a lot of money and sour things for Miere, Cojones, Joynes, Eager, Sue Parkes and some others.
    If anti protest Charlton fans want to stage counter protests all the better, their voice csn be heard too.
  • Options
    I'm afraid it's all a bit too little too late for me.

Good luck though.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I understand very well the desire to do more at the Rochdale game but it's too short notice for many of the stay-away fans to get down to the Valley now. And the point about casual fans is well made too. They will inflate the proportion of non-protesters in the crowd and anything organised for that day will appear low impact.

However, for anyone who is going to that game (I'm not) just do whatever you can to show them the protests are back. Black and white, anti-regime chanting, letting Meire/Keohane know as they arrive what you think of them - anything.

Then, please please everyone who supports the protests make a special point of coming down to the Valley on 15th October. I totally respect those that are boycotting and the "not a penny more" fans, but we need now to show the regime that they haven't won any battles, let alone the war. We need everyone there for a very large, very vocal display of our feelings. Please don't leave it to others. A small turnout will see the smirks return to Meire's and Keohane's smug faces - let's not let that happen!

Fully supportive of protests with Coventry which I'll join as long as it does not include disrupting the game. My view is that this would create a deeper divide with fans that CARS want to bring on board.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Slade and the players will probably throw everything including the kitchen sink at Rochdale and we do have at least 5 players (Ajose, Holmes, Jackson, Magennis, Lookman) that will find the back of the net if we attack and create chances rather than allow ourselves to get bogged down on the half way line and pushed back. I suspect CARD could well have now missed the boat by not protesting Tuesday night.

Blimey. That beats the world record for short-term thinking.

We are fighting an insidious regime here. Not deciding match to match if they're ok or not.
    Although if the protests improve results everyone's a winner
  • Options
    Now managerless Coventry, bottom of the league - if we cant beat them........