Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

can all the boycotters just turn up this saturday to protest before during and after the game. CARD where are you ? After last nights dross it is apparent that the only way we are going is down. Lets not go down without a fight ! Its so sad to see the ground so empty , no atmosphere and no fight or passion on the pitch. We have to stand together and show the regime that they cannot come in and ruin our once great club. We need a full stadium of noise anti regime chants , banners , anything to show that we are not giving up !

Comments

• 100% agree.

The publicity that will come from an all out protest will far outweigh he money the regime will make from the additional ticket sales. This is one of those occasions where we really need to step things up
  • If you could get more people outside the stadium protesting than stated attendance then that would be powerful. If people who regularly go boycotted the game and we all stand outside protesting for the whole 90 minutes and beyond whilst the game goes on in an empty stadium that would be a huge statement of discontent and surely be different to anything before.

ie all attendees and boycotters all just meet and remain outside before, during and after the match.
  • edited September 2016
    I tend to agree and had I been in London would have reluctantly parted with a fiver in the knowledge that the club will make very little money on admission fees at this price. My concern would be that Meire sees this as a marketing coup and somehow takes credit for the increased gate, therefore I'd like to see Football for a Fiver packed out followed by a boycott of the next home league game.

EDIT Just seen the CARD statement so I retract my comments regarding the boycott as they have my 100% support from 6500 miles away.
  • Release me let me go.......
  • If you could get more people outside the stadium protesting than stated attendance then that would be powerful. If people who regularly go boycotted the game and we all stand outside protesting for the whole 90 minutes and beyond whilst the game goes on in an empty stadium that would be a huge statement of discontent and surely be different to anything before.

ie all attendees and boycotters all just meet and remain outside before, during and after the match.

Great idea but there's 5k+ who bought season tickets even after the appalling mess we were in last year. They will all troop in like the living dead & sit & watch whatever they're given. Buy their pints at half time & then congregate in crossbars afterwards all the while declaring that the 20/30/40 quid they put over the bar will make no difference because douchbag is a very rich man.
    Makes me sick that they see what's going on around them but refuse to even attempt to do anything in the name of protest. That is the problem we face.
    Total bull shit. Everyone who goes love Roland? People have renewed for multiple reasons, me, to spend time with my dad! We have being doing this since 1986 and won't change because of Roland. The smaller numbers of people attending are justifying Roland's plan to knock down the south stand. Why do we need 27k when there are 8k in the stadium. The majority of people want Roland out and how they choose to protest is up to them. Stupid posts like this make me angry!!!! Just because people go to s game doesn't mean that they don't/won't protest. I can picture it now, people attending getting abuse from people who stay outside protesting. Talk about playing into Roland's hands
    Spot on. Reminds me of a friend of mine who is not a Charlton fan but took his kids to see the Boro game last year and as he was leaving the ground got abuse from so called fans just because he was at the game.
  • angrybird said:

can all the boycotters just turn up this saturday to protest before during and after the game. CARD where are you ? After last nights dross it is apparent that the only way we are going is down. Lets not go down without a fight ! Its so sad to see the ground so empty , no atmosphere and no fight or passion on the pitch. We have to stand together and show the regime that they cannot come in and ruin our once great club. We need a full stadium of noise anti regime chants , banners , anything to show that we are not giving up !

No, if you want to stand together with me and my mates join the boycott..............#notapennymore
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry cannot see that boycotting is having any effect. I respect peoples opinions but from a personal point of view people staying away just makes it look like we've given up. No fans ,no protests. And to be honest whatever we do we know THEY don't give a dam either way. I would just prefer to put up a fight rather than just silently slide down the leagues. If it does continue the way it is most of those people staying away won't ever come back. How sad !
  • Was going to put in an appearance but now babysitting....................sorry. I will be there in spirit though (as always).
    You absolute tosspot Roland, sell up and fuck off, can't you see you and your 'friends' are despised and nothing is going to change!
    Rant over, for the night anyway.
    COYR

Great idea but there's 5k+ who bought season tickets even after the appalling mess we were in last year. They will all troop in like the living dead & sit & watch whatever they're given. Buy their pints at half time & then congregate in crossbars afterwards all the while declaring that the 20/30/40 quid they put over the bar will make no difference because douchbag is a very rich man.
    Makes me sick that they see what's going on around them but refuse to even attempt to do anything in the name of protest. That is the problem we face.
    This is quite insulting for those who have purchased a Season Ticket. Every Season ticket holder will have there own reason for purchasing a ticket some will support Card some will not. The whole tone of your post is outright rude and not needed.

Season ticket holders refuse to do anything in the name of protest. I bet my bottom dollar that many of those Season Ticket Holders have contributed finacially to Card; have taken part in the protests and have purchased Card branded products. Your post sows division and is an utter insult.
    I know several season ticket holders and not one of them have supported the protest, contributed to card or purchased Card products. They view the protests as bothersome and something that stops them watching their game of football.

So maybe, no insult is actually there.

This is quite insulting for those who have purchased a Season Ticket. Every Season ticket holder will have there own reason for purchasing a ticket some will support Card some will not. The whole tone of your post is outright rude and not needed.

Season ticket holders refuse to do anything in the name of protest. I bet my bottom dollar that many of those Season Ticket Holders have contributed finacially to Card; have taken part in the protests and have purchased Card branded products. Your post sows division and is an utter insult.
    They view the protests as bothersome and something that stops them watching their game of football.

I feel the same way about the currant regime. ;)
  • edited September 2016
    Couldn't agree more @Davo55.

Duchatelet and Meire are the problem here. Let's focus on trying to get them out.

There will always be disagreement on method and whether:

boycott;
    protest at Charlton;
    protest elsewhere;
    not a penny more;
    etc;

are something that works, or something else that any particular fan wants to do are the 'best ways' to achieve that.

These disagreements aren't that important for me.

All are valid.

Getting them out, as soon as possible, through as many actions as possible, across as many fronts as possible is exactly what we need to do.

If you are reading this, I have a last message for the owners advisers for you to relay.

Just sell the club.

It's only going to get worse Roland and SMT.

The longer you take to make your decision the worse it will get.

You will leave; leave now.

*edited for poor grammar, punctuation and delivery, still not great but it's late.
  • What's this about ordering the police to stop the funeral march?
    First time I've heard that.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016

If you could get more people outside the stadium protesting than stated attendance then that would be powerful. If people who regularly go boycotted the game and we all stand outside protesting for the whole 90 minutes and beyond whilst the game goes on in an empty stadium that would be a huge statement of discontent and surely be different to anything before.

Total bull shit. Everyone who goes love Roland? People have renewed for multiple reasons, me, to spend time with my dad! We have being doing this since 1986 and won't change because of Roland. The smaller numbers of people attending are justifying Roland's plan to knock down the south stand. Why do we need 27k when there are 8k in the stadium. The majority of people want Roland out and how they choose to protest is up to them. Stupid posts like this make me angry!!!! Just because people go to s game doesn't mean that they don't/won't protest. I can picture it now, people attending getting abuse from people who stay outside protesting. Talk about playing into Roland's hands
    Are you commenting on my post ??? Everyone loves Roland, where did that come from ? I was partly commenting on RTCs post re playing in front of an empty stadium, it isn't going to happen because people who bought season tickets have done so despite what the Belgians are doing & so won't stand outside while there's a game on. I am well aware that there are many reasons for people to carry on attending, family, friends, habit, just can't face NOT going & I understand all of that. It was a very difficult decision for me to make after 50 years solid support but in the end I decided not to renew & to boycott. I'm quite sure that most people want them out
    & if they choose not to boycott so be it but if i was still attending I wouldn't be spending any money in the ground & I would be verbally protesting during the game. But that isn't happening is it ? As I understand it from friends that still go, at the Valley there is little atmosphere at all & no protests. The comments about people buying food / beer etc were made to me many times over during last season, a few people told me to fuck off & mind my own business but most said well it won't make any difference. So exactly what are the protests that are happening this season ?

• Couldn't agree more @Davo55.

Duchatelet and Meire are the problem here. Let's focus on trying to get them out.

There will always be disagreement method and whether boycott, protest at Charlton, protest elsewhere, not a penny more etc are something that works or something that any particular fan wants to do.

But getting them out, and as soon as possible, through as many actions as possible across as many fronts as possible is exactly what we need to do.

Just sell the club. It's only going to get worse Roland and SMT the longer you take to make your decision. You will leave, leave now.

Too right mate
  • One of the things this whole thing has taught my is how difficult some people find it to follow through with any form of meaningful change.

Whether that be stopping going, buying food, buying a pint etc "I hate Roland and Katrien and want them out, but me not going / not buying a pint and a pie isn't going to change that" etc

I don't think a couple of years ago any of us appreciated just how difficult, divisive and damaging this was all going to be, and how many different viewpoints it would generate (even between those that seek the same ultimate goal)

• Thanks stonemuse.

I read it back and have made some changes.

Substance remains the same but hopefully a bit more readable.

Have punctuated and ordered a bit of stream of consciousness rant there.

Charltonlifised it.

I know several season ticket holders and not one of them have supported the protest, contributed to card or purchased Card products. They view the protests as bothersome and something that stops them watching their game of football.

So maybe, no insult is actually there.
    You're quite right mate no insult is there, people wetting their pants over a generalisation. Of course there will be season ticket holders who may have supported CARD & the protests, on the other hand there are many, happy to throw their money over the beer counters just after singing roland out. Why not use the local pubs ? Why (last season) not support the protests behind the West stand if you want them out ? And then there are the season ticket holders that you mention. Head arse stick, do nothing & there won't be a club to support.
  • Written from the safety of 12,000 miles away.

CARD are doing a brilliant job and the protest shirts are genius. Probably neither will have any effect on Roland. BUT how about concentrating on getting rid of the CEO. Win one battle and then concentrate on winning the war.

Who knows, with a motivated, knowledgeable, talented Charlton-savvy person at the head of the Board table directing operations - make Charlton great again (in spite of the pillock of an owner.
  • seth plum said:

What's this about ordering the police to stop the funeral march?

Cahones told the police to stop the march as Katrien didn't want it to happen.

Police said you have no say over what happens in the streets and a march is legal.

They also told Cahones that they didn't work for him or take orders from Katrien. Their job was to keep the peace and there was no suggestion that the march would not be peaceful.

Source: a police officer.
    What's the story about crying over black and white scarfs?
  • seth plum said:

Police said you have no say over what happens in the streets and a march is legal.

They also told Cahones that they didn't work for him or take orders from Katrien. Their job was to keep the peace and there was no suggestion that the march would not be peaceful.

I realise squirrel face and mate think they are a law unto themselves, what are these idiots on?
  • seth plum said:

The arrogance of those two is breathtaking (and I don't mean Henry and Seth!). Another example of the North Koreanisation of SE7.