Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What would the Regime accept as success with the club

I've never understood the reason behind Roland's purchase of the club, what achievement will he deem the venture a success?

-Stripping the club of its talent in the Youth Team for hefty (undisclosed) Fees

-Their work in the community

-Success with the 1st team

-Sell up the Valley to property developers

Comments

• Financial breakeven to prove Roland is the greatest mind of his generation. Irrespective of on the pitch results. These are secondary and matter only to the extent that they affect the P&L.
  • Not being relegated.

Provided that happens they dont care what happens on the pitch
  • Relegation doesn't seem to concern them much either to be honest, FA?
  • Financial breakeven to prove Roland is the greatest mind of his generation. Irrespective of on the pitch results. These are secondary and matter only to the extent that they affect the P&L.

Given what we know so far I think that this is pretty much it.
  • Meire having fun
  • Roland breaking even.
    Meire increasing her profile and living a good lifestyle
    Property ownings increase
    Perhaps some tax relief and whatever else also.

Basically everything but football stuff, L2 would only mean less income (less outgoings too) and struggles for the academy. Other than that it's barely a failure to the man, could tell that the second he bought our Club.
  • 1.5% fucks are given.
  • edited September 2016
    It is becoming increasingly clear that he is not in this for Interests relating to football.

At first I thought he was just dumb but I don't think that any more.
    Serious investors like Roland look 15-20 years down the track.
    He is spinning Meire lots of lines. The talk of creating players to sell on to the prem was just a yarn he spun to keep her on board.
    The real reason he wants her here is to oversee the systematic destruction of CAFC as it's current football entity. She just doesn't know it.

Rolands long term aim is either to use the asset for another income stream or destroy it in its current form and start again as a whole new football club with a completely different fan and social base.
  • Narcissism; this is quite simply a vanity project for both Katrien and Roland.

This is Roland's opportunity to demonstrate why the Belgian electorate was wrong to dismiss him, and to finally live up to his self-proclaimed Alan Turing moniker. Balancing the books at a football club - and focusing on its place at the center of the community - is a brilliant way to demonstrate that he really is a forward thinking visionary.

Whilst for Katrien this is a way of building a reputation for herself, giving herself some status and a vehicle for projecting herself with. Award ceremonies, conferences, TV and news interviews.. these are just the beginning. This is why she finely grooms her online appearance and mixes with the likes of Jo Tongue.

Think back to the ramifications of the Belgium 20 visit, and how their actions led to an angry and ill-thought out statement on the official site: that was the result of a bruised ego and some embarrassment. Did the actions of 20 people, some leaflets and an inquisitive knock-on-a-door really warrant more than hundreds of fans protesting after every match? No! Which one inflicted greater damage to the ego though?
  • Sponsored links:

• It is becoming increasingly clear that he is not in this for Interests relating to football.

He is spinning Meire lots of lines. The talk of creating players to sell on to the prem was just a yarn he spun to keep her on board.
    The real reason he wants her here is to oversee the systematic destruction of CAFC as it's current football entity. She just doesn't know it.

Rolands long term aim is either to use the asset for another income stream or destroy it in its current form and start again as a whole new football club with a completely different fan and social base.

15 - 20 years down the line? He's nearly seventy...
  • It is becoming increasingly clear that he is not in this for Interests relating to football.

Which reminds me. What are we doing for his big birthday celebration?

November 14th ... coming soon :wink:
  • stonemuse said:

It is becoming increasingly clear that he is not in this for Interests relating to football.

Would be a shame to let the big 7-0 pass by unmarked...

One Bullet!!

One Bullet!!
    And about 7000 plus suspects!
  • stonemuse said:

Can we roll out the coffin again please?.................. :wink:
  • edited September 2016
    As a experiment to see how long before regular customers self combust and can be replaced with new customers who have no emotional attachment and the Result is of secondary importance to the social intercourse which occurs between 2 and 6 on a afternoon match day.

I have studied this hypothesis and ran test through various independent
    outlets and even sent the data to a Emeritus at Cambridge who is as erudite a man that you can find.

The conclusion is ?

"This Model of running a professional football club is absolute Bollocks."
  • Nug said:

There is no logic, he's an eccentric nutter.

Nug said:

I subscribe to this view: he is eccentric to the point where, although his 'vision' for CAFC lies in ruins (collapse of FFP, relegation to third tier,
    still apparently needing to fund the club to the tune of £1mn a month after 32 months of having his people in place pursuing his strategies (as @Grapevine49 pointed out) he still cannot accept failure as he lays claim to a mindset different from ordinary mortals.

It becomes very dangerous when an eccentric has the means at his disposal to indulge his fantasies.

We, the club. the fans, must now pay the price, perhaps the ultimate price in the disintegration of the club engineered by Duchatelet seemingly not by malice but sheer incompetence and pig-headedness aided and abetted by CEO Meire who seems to be on a self-appointed power trip in which the well-being of the club is secondary to her ambition.

Remember and remember well that despite her unwavering allegiance to Duchatelet and his madness she was prepared openly to blame him for relegation citing the lack of stabilty in the managerial post last season (along with player indiscipline) as the two contributory factors.

Meire will not take on any of the blame for any perceived or real failing at CAFC

A crazy eccentric owner and an arrogantly deluded CEO hell-bent on furthering her own credentials as a businesswoman but without the wit to understand that football is more than a business and the investment of fans cannot be measured in pound notes.

and the Football Authorities think its ok for this deplorable situation to continue unchecked!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Furthering the CVs of Meire and Driesen is at this point, the only logical answer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

Nug said:

I subscribe to this view: he is eccentric to the point where, although his 'vision' for CAFC lies in ruins (collapse of FFP, relegation to third tier,
    still apparently needing to fund the club to the tune of £1mn a month after 32 months of having his people in place pursuing his strategies (as @Grapevine49 pointed out) he still cannot accept failure as he lays claim to a mindset different from ordinary mortals.

It becomes very dangerous when an eccentric has the means at his disposal to indulge his fantasies.

We, the club. the fans, must now pay the price, perhaps the ultimate price in the disintegration of the club engineered by Duchatelet seemingly not by malice but sheer incompetence and pig-headedness aided and abetted by CEO Meire who seems to be on a self-appointed power trip in which the well-being of the club is secondary to her ambition.

Remember and remember well that despite her unwavering allegiance to Duchatelet and his madness she was prepared openly to blame him for relegation citing the lack of stabilty in the managerial post last season (along with player indiscipline) as the two contributory factors.

Meire will not take on any of the blame for any perceived or real failing at CAFC

A crazy eccentric owner and an arrogantly deluded CEO hell-bent on furthering her own credentials as a businesswoman but without the wit to understand that football is more than a business and the investment of fans cannot be measured in pound notes.

and the Football Authorities think its ok for this deplorable situation to continue unchecked!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    The Football "Authorities" do not give a flying f**k about what is happening to our club,they are only interested in the Premiership and the big bucks and also getting their corporate freebies.
  • kentred2 said:

Meire having fun

This could be it!

One Bullet!!
    And about 7000 plus suspects!
    Dont worry even the police will see that person as a hero.

No more having to deal with an annoying CEO who constantly demands extra police to deal with 2% protesters
  • The plan seems to be to put on a football show every now and then and charge customers to come and watch it. Bit like a theatre show , doesn't have to be the same customers every week or the same performance . Just get people in to watch, hope they buy some food and drink and behave themselves and then go home .
  • The plan seems to be to put on a football show every now and then and charge customers to come and watch it. Bit like a theatre show , doesn't have to be the same customers every week or the same performance . Just get people in to watch, hope they buy some food and drink and behave themselves and then go home .

Think this sums up what his intentions are. The football is secondary to the match day experience. West Ham seem to be trying to copy this model too of late.
  • Success
    Promotion to league 2
  • To be honest it's got to the point where I don't care about or have no interest in finding out what he would accept as success. Just want him, his stupid CEO and everyone related to this evil regime gone, for good.
  • stonemuse said:

Can we roll out the coffin again please?.................. :wink:
    Old Rolands kept it,hes never one to miss out on saving a €