Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the point crying for Slade to be sacked when......

We still have Roland destroying our club!

Comments

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

We still have Roland destroying our club!

so two wrongs make a right !!!!

• Options
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Summer spent drinking lemonade,
    Wimbledon, Oldham put him in the shade,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Under worked, and overpaid,
    Yet when he's sacked, he'll have it made,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Fact : Russell Slade contains all the ingredients needed to make the word "useless"......
  • Options
    Slade hopefully picks the team ..Play your best side
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

One of the frustrating issues is cafc fans that go to home games and analyse the football and complain about the tactics etc when the game is irrelevant as the problems are all the smt and ownership. Get your heads out of the sand and if you have to go protest.

This is the main reason why I did not rewnew my ST and I have not been to one single home game this season.
  • Options
    Personally, I really want to like Slade. I really want him to do well. I know I spoke out when he was rude to Louis Mendez, but I can't help but think that was simply the beginning of the rough patch we're seeing now... not that it excuses him. Perhaps Slade understood back then that this was a bigger task than imagined. Not to mention, now we know he had a disagreement about Mowgli... I just feel like he's one of us getting shafted.

Unfortunately, there's no escaping the fact that we should be killing off the teams at the bottom at least. He's not doing very well and I'm sure he has the resources to do better. It would be interesting to see what the morale is like at Sparrows Lane. Something is definitely wrong on the pitch, and his tactics and substitutions aren't helping the situation at all.

The worst bit is if we get rid of Slade, then who will come in? Nobby Vinegar?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016

It's the recruitment panel that needs to take a long hard look at themselves....
    Which they do regularly and come to the conclusion they are doing a fantastic job.

This is a problem.

The only players we can seem to attract are those that are offered more money than anywhere else.

And those out of contract players desperate for a job, because no other clubs want them.

• Options
    He has seen the job for what it is now, easy money, just turn up do a few hours then off home for a pork pie and a pint. The regime are daft and will pay him longer than other teams would. Same with every manager they have appointed

• Options
    Who would replace Slade, no experienced UK manager would even apply.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

One of the frustrating issues is cafc fans that go to home games and analyse the football and complain about the tactics etc when the game is irrelevant as the problems are all the smt and ownership. Get your heads out of the sand and if you have to go protest.

It's hard to protest when no fucker is there.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    kentred2 said:

That's not true though. The 18 players we had out there today are good enough to be competitive in L1, experienced players in the Championship and L1, there were no Polish Petes or Thurams out there. Our squad in this division should be top 6 minimum, when you look at the clubs we are playing. Most of Oldham's players were signed in the summer, and their manager joined then, so it's not as if they have years playing together

A lot of the blame has to go to RS and his coaching. It's not Roland or KM telling the players to hoof the ball up the field, stand in one place instead of moving into space or to work less hard that the opposition.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

That's not true though. The 18 players we had out there today are good enough to be competitive in L1, experienced players in the Championship and L1, there were no Polish Petes or Thurams out there. Our squad in this division should be top 6 minimum, when you look at the clubs we are playing. Most of Oldham's players were signed in the summer, and their manager joined then, so it's not as if they have years playing together

A lot of the blame has to go to RS and his coaching. It's not Roland or KM telling the players to hoof the ball up the field, stand in one place instead of moving into space or to work less hard that the opposition.
    You're right. But you have to look at the bigger picture.
    Who appointed Slade? Do you seriously think that the current leadership team could sack Slade and go and get a more competent candidate?
    You've surely seen enough of this sorry shower of shit to know that would not be the case.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

Who appointed Slade? Do you seriously think that the current leadership team could sack Slade and go and get a more competent candidate?
    You've surely seen enough of this sorry shower of shit to know that would not be the case.
    But Slade isn't a Karel Fraeye or Guy Luzon, he's an experienced English manager. He got Orient up to 7th in 2012/13 and 3rd in 2013/14 two years ago on a small budget. Appointing Slade was a perfectly respectable choice to make.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

kentred2 said:

But Slade isn't a Karel Fraeye or Guy Luzon, he's an experienced English manager. He got Orient up to 7th in 2012/13 and 3rd in 2013/14 two years ago on a small budget. Appointing Slade was a perfectly respectable choice to make.
    We might still make 7th. That isn't nowhere near good enough.

Slade was the best of a very short list that actually wanted the job.
    We are unable to attract a real decent league one manager and the reason for that lies firmly at the owners door.
    This will continue to happen until they leave.
  • Options

He is English. He is experienced in that he has had a lot of clubs ... one of them was even in the division above this one. He was also one of the only managers who was willing to join Charlton on the terms offered, so in that regard he was the best available.

That said, this time a year ago he wouldn't even have made the pile of 20 CVs Katrien supposedly looked through before picking Karel Fraeye. His presence is yet another indication of how far we have sunk. Content with a 1-1 draw in League 1at home to a side second from bottom in front of about 7000. Well done, Roland.
  • Options

It's the recruitment panel that needs to take a long hard look at themselves....
    Which they do regularly and come to the conclusion they are doing a fantastic job.

This is a problem.

So this summer that would be largely Slade...
  • Options
    Not Slade's fault, although he does play a very negative game, fact is we have no legs at all in the midfield, we look good when we string 15 passes together and team and move up & compress the pitch, unfortunately we have not got players who can do this, 3-4 passes then a hoof or give the ball away, Slade would have bolstered the midfield if he was able too, Jordan Cousins would eat this 3rd Division alive.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

Indirectly it is Roland and his mare who are responsible for the hoof ball because while they are in charge no decent manager is going to going to come to Charlton.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    People's thoughts on Slade, depend on what they think Charlton should achieve this season. Should we be gunning for promotion this season or should Slade be given this season to stabilise the club after a disastrous campaign last season. I'm of the latter thought, but I completely understand people who think we should be going for promotion.
  • Options

Not Slade's fault, although he does play a very negative game, fact is we have no legs at all in the midfield, we look good when we string 15 passes together and team and move up & compress the pitch, unfortunately we have not got players who can do this, 3-4 passes then a hoof or give the ball away, Slade would have bolstered the midfield if he was able too, Jordan Cousins would eat this 3rd Division alive.

As would Diarra and Kashi. Spot on re the midfield in my view. Why do this lot always leave us short in the squad?

Watching the game it felt like the best this lot could achieve was mid-table. In for another long season.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Precisely. Why did those that went not turn on the directors box?

Coz they all fell asleep probably!
  • Options
    What we don't need to do is turn on each other!!!, I don't go to home games last one I went to was Brentford last year, away games I go to as many as I can, was genuinely gonna come down on Saturday but trains are up the spout.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

As would Diarra and Kashi. Spot on re the midfield in my view. Why do this lot always leave us short in the squad?

Watching the game it felt like the best this lot could achieve was mid-table. In for another long season.
    I'm sure Kashi is going to join texeira and Ba "training with the u23s".