Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Oldham | Tue 27 Sep | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Our next three games are all at HOME ,nothing less than three wins is good enough.

3-0 CHARLTON.
  • 0-0, or 4-4, another point.
  • Our next three games are all at HOME ,nothing less than three wins is good enough.

3-0 CHARLTON.

YES......that's the spirit, I want success in the Checkatrade trophy too
  • A massive 4-0 win.
    Top by Christmas, champions by Easter.
    August 2018 our first home game back in the premier league.

Can I have some of what your taking?

• If we don't win this then we can all start to worry about the season ahead. We have better players than oldham so we should win. However, can Slade coach a win? Crucial game this one in my opinion.
  • Rob said:

If we don't win this then we can all start to worry about the season ahead. We have better players than oldham so we should win. However, can Slade coach a win? Crucial game this one in my opinion.

Agreed, and I think we will win.
  • I think we HAVE to win tomorrow, as I'm sure the squad AND RS are getting a bit edgy over the lack of wins.

I expect us to start positively, Ajose to start and score. 2-0
  • Not bothered.

"Jussssstttt sellll the club"
  • Think it's mad that Slade (and others) seems to have given up on Ajose after just a few quiet games. He can clearly score goals, and is a good fit with Magennis up front. Mad to write him off already, as many seem to have done. When people were calling for him to be dropped after the Dons game I said we'd score more with him in the team than out of it. He doesn't feature in the next two games and we've not scored from open play.

On Saturday, Magennis up top on his own clearly didn't work - at least not with the midfield we played. He tried hard, but not much he can do with long lumped balls out of defence when there are always three defenders around him and no red shirt within 30 yards. While Ajose's finishing has not always been great, when he's played he has at least provided an option there.

I'd play Magennis and Ajose up front with Lookman and Holmes on the wings from the beginning, and hope the mix of attacking options compensates for the utter lack of dynamism in the middle (whatever combination of Jackson, Ulvestad, Crofts and Foley that happens to be). Might be wrong, but don't think those four attacking players have all started a game together this season?

Oh actually, think they did against Wimbledon. Maybe I'm not the tactical genius I thought I was...
    We created plenty of chances against Wimbledon just didn't put them away and were punished because of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I keep trying to think of a way to get "Athletic Support" into a meaningful sentence. I have failed.
  • I keep trying to think of a way to get "Athletic Support" into a meaningful sentence. I have failed.

a jockstrap is good as an athletic support
  • In my opinion the most important game for a very long time. Have we been unlucky this season? Is the team just getting to know each other? I think that is the case and we will give the opposition a tonking and do the same Saturday. Anything short of that and we are in trouble. I still think we will win this league, tonight at 9.30pm I will know if we have a chance.
  • edited September 2016
    With the big-(ish) fee for Ajose, he may have thought he was untouchable so dropping him may have been a bit of a kick up the arse. Hopefully he starts tonight with a point to prove and can kick start his season! Or is that too optimistic.....0-0
  • 1-0 to Charlton
  • We are SIX points behind target.
    We have to win tonight simply to remain SIX points behind target.
  • Rob said:

If we don't win this then we can all start to worry about the season ahead. We have better players than oldham so we should win. However, can Slade coach a win? Crucial game this one in my opinion.

I am already worried about the season ahead and have been since it started.

We are where we deserve to be for a team with no midfield and a club with no heart. Neither is the fault of Slade.
  • We lose again......
  • edited September 2016
    I stopped doing the pools a while back - now I'm regretting it - you know Charlton will be a score draw so you just have to find the other 7.

1-1 they equalise in 90+4 minute.
  • Sponsored links:

• After my triumphant 1-1 Oxford prediction (fluke) I'm going for 2-0 today.

We need a proper look at Botaka. I'd start him.
    Ajose is a sniffer. They're only worth playing if you're employing a system that suits them. I'm not sure we are. And from what I've seen he doesn't contribute enough outside of the six yard box. He's no Peter Beardsley.
  • jdmotion said:

After my triumphant 1-1 Oxford prediction (fluke) I'm going for 2-0 today.

We need a proper look at Botaka. I'd start him.
    Ajose is a sniffer. They're only worth playing if you're employing a system that suits them. I'm not sure we are. And from what I've seen he doesn't contribute enough outside of the six yard box. He's no Peter Beardsley.

Ajose is a sniffer, lets hope he doesn't get caught then :wink:
  • We need to stop hoofing balls up the middle and start passing on the ground for our front players to run onto.
  • I want us going out to thrash Oldham and see where that gets us! Not get an early goal and play a cagey game until the equalise!
  • I want us going out to thrash Oldham and see where that gets us! Not get an early goal and play a cagey game until the equalise!

We need a repeat of Shrewsbury which would be exactly that
  • Rudd
    Solly | Bauer | Konsa | Fox
    Holmes | Ulvestad | Jackson | Botaka
    Ajose | Magennis

3-0 Addicks, tonight it finally clicks. Jackson, Ajose & Bauer with the goals.

• We have a good record v Oldham but this includes a lot of draws. Another one in prospect tonight 1-1, let the boos rain down...
  • smiffyboy said:

Saw the Oldham team leaving the travel inn at the black prince at 5:30 didn't let them out, so delayed them by a car length, that's my contribution to the CAFC cause for tonight

Ah the Black Prince. Hawkwind, the Pink Fairies, Average White Band, Edgar Broughton and many others, and now Oldham and the Athletics, jumpers for goalposts.