Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long does Slade get?

Absolutely dreadful football, clueless substitutions and no results coming either way. People will inevitably deflect to RD and KM but the blame for our results is solely on Slade. Our recruitment was more than good enough and I'd say second to Bolton. No excuse whatsoever for being as poor as we are. There's the inevitable question of what comes in after but I seriously don't want Slade to be in charge for too much longer. I fear if we leave it too long the damage will be irreparable.

Comments

• Options

So Harry, do you agree with Rolands managerial policy whereby we sack managers every 3 months for christ sake?

He should get until the end of the season MINIMUM.

If a manager isn't getting results it's as simple as that. If we're down in the drop zone at Christmas which certainly isn't impossible you still want him here all season? If he was some random foreign Charlie everyone would he calling for his head.
  • Options

So Harry, do you agree with Rolands managerial policy whereby we sack managers every 3 months for christ sake?

He should get until the end of the season MINIMUM.

If a manager isn't getting results it's as simple as that. If we're down in the drop zone at Christmas which certainly isn't impossible you still want him here all season? If he was some random foreign Charlie everyone would he calling for his head.
    That won't happen and the club needs stability. Your policy of 4 managers a season hasn't worked before and never will.
  • Options

They want him to fail - they can then play the "you wanted an English Manager and it didn't work card"

I agree, which makes the situation 100x worse. The ultimate aim is obviously to get rid of Roland bit in the meantime I'd rather at the very least have a half decent play-off challenging season in league 1. We're in a lose-lose-lose situation. However, under any other circumstance I certainly wouldn't miss Slade.
  • Options

Behave yourself. Talk of Slade going is ridiculous. Who do think RD will replace him with ? We all know the answer to that.

Sometimes I think we deserve failure.

Hence why I mentioned it, so do we accept failiure with the possibility of it getting even worse if not? Really it wouldn't surprise me if they want him to fail but I'm just looking at it for what it is. Slade simply isn't good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just for a bit of comparison, Fraeye got 8 points out of his first 9, only 3 points less. The opposition tended to be considerably better too.
  • Options

Behave yourself. Talk of Slade going is ridiculous. Who do think RD will replace him with ? We all know the answer to that.

The choice under Roland seems to be failure or tread water at best. Decisions, decisions!
  • Options

What have the fans done to deserve failure, whatever they say? Slade was appointed by the same owner/management team that appointed all the network failures. He's no different, another inadequate. Peeters wasn't network. Roland doesn't do failure, he appoints failure, again and again.
    So your solution is ?
  • Options

What have the fans done to deserve failure, whatever they say? Slade was appointed by the same owner/management team that appointed all the network failures. He's no different, another inadequate. Peeters wasn't network. Roland doesn't do failure, he appoints failure, again and again.
    So your solution is ?
    There isn't one with the current regime. Isn't that obvious?
  • Options

So your solution is ?
    Of course it's obvious but what's also obvious is that the regime isn't going anywhere soon .
    Getting rid of Slade in September is a totally ridiculous idea regime or no regime.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

So your solution is ?
    Of course it's obvious but what's also obvious is that the regime isn't going anywhere soon .
    Getting rid of Slade in September is a totally ridiculous idea regime or no regime.
    The fans don't deserve this mess. That's all I'm saying. I don't know how many times I've read that the fans are somehow responsible for the mess or are getting what they deserve, but it's nonsense every time.
  • Options
    It really doesn't matter whether he stays another week, month or year. No manager can succeed with Roland as owner.
    Slade probably only took the job for the money. He knows that managers don't hang around for too long under Roland. Get the sack after a few months and get your contract paid up. Easy money!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we will come good and put a run together but I'm fearing it could be too little too late come the end of the season. On paper inc the keeper we have the best back 5 in the league but shouldn't be conceding every game like we are. Slade deserves atleast a season with his squad
  • Options
    End of the season
  • Options
    It'd be crazy to get rid of him this early, we're only 2 months into the season and look at the shambles he inherited when he took over. The players hadn't even been given a pre season start date.
    However i do agree his tactics are a bit on the negative side. We should be taking the game to the majority of this division not playing for a point.
    If things haven't picked up by christmas, then it maybe time to consider his position but it's not even October.
  • Options
    The team needs to properly gel too, and we showed today we can dominate games. We need to turn that into chances and goals.

One thing to encourage us is that Barnsley were bottom of League One this time last year.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the question is seeking the personal views on people on here or what we think RD will do. We definitely have to stick with Slade. Gawd knows who the replacement would be. As for RD, who can say what he is thinking? History says he won't give it long, particularly if we slipped into the relegation places. Paying off Slade is petty cash to him.
  • Options
    Life.
  • Options

Absolutely dreadful football, clueless substitutions and no results coming either way. People will inevitably deflect to RD and KM but the blame for our results is solely on Slade. Our recruitment was more than good enough and I'd say second to Bolton. No excuse whatsoever for being as poor as we are. There's the inevitable question of what comes in after but I seriously don't want Slade to be in charge for too much longer. I fear if we leave it too long the damage will be irreparable.

Give the guy a chance....