Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

collecting stuff.

anyone on here an avid collector of anything? discuss. i collect shot glasses.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Just random football memorabilia. Pretty pointless really as it just goes in to a box, in to the loft and gathers dust. Always planned to convert the garage at the bottom of the garden in to a man cave / bar and display it all in there - just never got around to doing it.
  • Options

Just random football memorabilia. Pretty pointless really as it just goes in to a box, in to the loft and gathers dust. Always planned to convert the garage at the bottom of the garden in to a man cave / bar and display it all in there - just never got around to doing it.

If only there was a museum of Charlton where people could donate such items : - )
  • Options
    Charlton books and badges

WWI mugs

debts
  • Options
    Women... Just cant keep them off me!!
  • Options
    I collect old metal signs relating to motoring (Castrol, Shell etc), oil cans and stuff like that. I've got a fairly big garage at the end of the garden and display them in there with my old car.

I've also got a fairly big collection of old Charlton stuff which I'm the process of sorting out and getting around to displaying.
  • Options

I collect old metal signs relating to motoring (Castrol, Shell etc), oil cans and stuff like that. I've got a fairly big garage at the end of the garden and display them in there with my old car.

I've also got a fairly big collection of old Charlton stuff which I'm the process of sorting out and getting around to displaying.

Oh, and train numbers naturally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    petrol cans
  • Options
    Leads and plugs/transformers (why do they all have a slightly different charge rate?) with USB sockets. Soon it will be impossible to actually get in the house.
  • Options

I've also got a fairly big collection of old Charlton stuff which really belongs to the club and should be given back

EFA

• Options
    Ties, have about 400 on last count

Dachshund related items, me and the missus are obsessed with them, all cards etc we get from people feature them, have dachshund doorstops, bookends, figurines, door mat, soap, draught excluder, bottle opener, mugs, bedding, slippers, stuffed toys, even a dachshund themed olive oil bottle
  • Options

anyone on here an avid collector of anything? discuss. i collect shot glasses.

do you have the paramedics on standby or are they already dead?
  • Options
    Sporting memorabilia, especially boxing.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Dachshund related items, me and the missus are obsessed with them, all cards etc we get from people feature them, have dachshund doorstops, bookends, figurines, door mat, soap, draught excluder, bottle opener, mugs, bedding, slippers, stuffed toys, even a dachshund themed olive oil bottle

Silly sausage
  • Options
    Not by choice - odd socks. Give the missing socks six months to turn up, chuck out the accumulated odd socks and then start all over again. Must be an analogy to supporting Charlton in there somewhere, but in the meantime:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ-Z2aq-UR8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    New £5 notes being bought for £400-800 dependent on numbers PER NOTE..
  • Options
    I collect street Art based Artwork. Sadly had to sell most of my Banksy works early on to clear uni debts, but I still have a couple of his prints left... luckily I got in early though as they are well out of my league now
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Avid collector, books, football shirts, coins and bloody programs, had thousands of them in my time now safely given away!

I still have 12 signed and framed Charlton shirts plus over 20 more in a box to be framed. Because of my compulsive nature I would of framed the rest if my money had not run out. I had nowhere to hang them all at the time either, it was just part of this urge to own stuff that is in a set. If I totted up the money I had spent over the years on Time Life book collections, programs, videos... I would probably still have a pot to piss in!

BTW, was going to donate the shirts to the museum... that's reminded me.
  • Options
    Cars it would seem. Have three now.

Audi A4 Estate for the family
    Karmann Ghia for fun
    VW Camper for err.. camping.

Keep getting tempted by other stupid cars i dont need.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    http://m.atchuup.com/weirdest-collection-of-things-ever/

some strange ones on there.

number 21 is a bit silly.
  • Options

Cars it would seem. Have three now.

Audi A4 Estate for the family
    Karmann Ghia for fun
    VW Camper for err.. camping.

Keep getting tempted by other stupid cars i dont need.

Very nice!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

New £5 notes being bought for £400-800 dependent on numbers PER NOTE..

Yeah, I saw that. But didn't understand it. Queenie gets the first one, the BoE keep some for their museum and offer the really low serial numbers and other "interesting" combos to staff. With one million notes (minus one) having the prefix AA01, there is surely no added value to any currently in circulation? Bonkers.

Which leads me on to useless fact of the day. Unbeknown to many there are actually £1mn and £100mn BoE notes. They are called "Giants" and "Titans".
    They never see the light of day, staying within the Bank. They are used for some internal accounting function. (Possibly to back the note issues of the Scottish & Northern Irish banks?)
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic books, badges & programmes

Books/maps on the history of London

Music - CD's and digital
  • Options
    Boom said:

sam3110 said:

Have you considered buying a dachshund?
    Both of us work full time 9-5 and they are the neediest bloody things in the world, you leave them alone for an hour or so and they start yapping and howling non-stop. They are also stubborn as hell and notoriously hard to house train, but yes it's something we will do eventually (we'll get 2, a normal sized one called Frank and a miniature called Chip, obviously)