Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland has now upset the Germans

From what I can make of it, he's broken the 50+1 rule in Germany with Carl Zeiss Jena.

http://www.tlz.de/web/zgt/suche/detail/-/specific/Hat-sich-Duch-telet-eingemischt-Verband-ermittelt-gegen-FC-Carl-Zeiss-Jena-1947134057

Translates (very badly) as following:

The West German Football Federation is investigating the FC Carl Zeiss Jena. Investor Roland Duchâtelet inadmissible engages in decisions of the association.

Jena. According to 50 + 1 rule investors may have no majority of clubs. This ensures that clubs when decisions have the last word. Jenas Supervisory Deputy Tom Hilliger (50) had declared loud Bild newspaper that this rule was in the contract extension of Volkan Uluç that CEO Chris Förster had undone injured.

NOFV manager Holger Fuchs called the fourth division to submit remarks. The club then has seven to ten days to comment on the allegations. "We will decide how this matter will be pursued."

Pressure on the bodies is thus always higher. At the general meeting on October 8, will be decided on further cooperation with Duchâtelet.

Comments

• Now he's done it!

Herr Flick will be coming round to have a word with him any day now.
  • So the defence of 'this doesn't make up a lot of my assets so I couldn't be bothered to get familiar with the rules...'

Does that apply here?

That's negligence.

Worse even than the incompetence we thought Roland was guilty of.
  • I thought Carl Zeiss Jena was in East Germany.?
  • I wonder if, like the Belgian's at Standard, they have the balls to do something that will actually force Roland to sell their club, that is if the fans care at all.
  • Don't piss orf ze Germans...

?

Back in 1989 there was this thing called the Berlin Wall and there were two German states, East and West.

Then the wall came down, blah, blah history, blah.

Now it's one country

But he was rightly puzzled by Google Translate referring to "West German" FA.

Google Translate really is not fit for the purposes people use it for, although it's better than nothing.

• Sponsored links:

Back in 1989 there was this thing called the Berlin Wall and there were two German states, East and West.

Now it's one country

But he was rightly puzzled by Google Translate referring to "West German" FA.

Google Translate really is not fit for the purposes people use it for, although it's better than nothing.

At least someone read the OP diligently.

Now it's one country

Whoosh...

'The West German Football Federation is investigating the FC Carl Zeiss Jena.
    And whoosh back at you.

It's the North East German Football Association
  • not sure why the North East German association is getting involved. I would of said its more a Central East German Association issue.

Central East Judean German Association ?

• Overall it seems like yet another case of RD fecking up when he comes up against the challenge of dealing with human beings.

This just about sums him up, a man with so much money that he's deluded to think that everything has to be done his way.
  • Google Translate for you.

Up the North German Judean Peoples liberation Conferderacy!
  • Fit and proper person though apparently.
  • Are Carl Zeiss Jena fans jealous that we're his 1.5%?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016

FFS get it right or Leuth will be all over you for being " regionalist "

Don't worry GH they are on another thread but will be here in as soon as...

• Ahead of FCC's members' meeting (originally planned for Sep 17 but now booked for 8 Oct and moved to a larger venue) on 25 Aug RD issued a public statement confirming that he was still willing to invest in the club. If I read it correctly (Google Translate is not best of help) he then implies that this might depend on the outcome of the election of the new committee, because on several occasions he has been deliberately mislead [by certain people].

The club president responded on 31 Aug with incredulity. The idea of deceit or deception is not understood and is totally rejected. It is noted that RD's statement gave no specific details of exactly what had happened to warrant such a serious accusation. The club's management are absolutely enraged, and see this as an attempt to influence the forthcoming election in RD's favour.

Both these statements are on FCC's website under Aktuelle (News), as is the postponement of the assembly.

Mr D clearly has a remarkable talent for upsetting the locals.
  • edited September 2016

Some of us are monitoring this, but it is fair to say we are not yet clear what is going on.

The overall issue is that while RD can only control 49% of Jena, because the limited company, which he bought, can only have 49% share of the club, the majority is controlled by the members.

However if the Limited company is the vehicle which plans big capital investments which - in theory - would benefit the club financially then the owner of the Ltd. has "clout" inevitably.

I've been to Jena with @GlassHalfFull , and we learnt that RD plans a build up of the stadium in STVV style. In general terms it looked to us like a sensible and do-able idea, assuming the revenues from the commercial stuff such as the hotel are used to help develop the club.

But as usual, it seems that RD is fecking it up even when it is difficult to do so. In the summer we learnt that he wants to abolish the Sudkurve as part of the plan. But there seems to be more than just that going on now. And all this when finally they seem to be getting it right on the pitch.

We are building more contacts with Jena people, and I live only an easy 3 hour drive away, so I am planning another visit soon.

Overall it seems like yet another case of RD fecking up when he comes up against the challenge of dealing with human beings.

I think the issue is that Chris Forster, the CEO since RD forced the last one out, is a member of the local membership organisation, too, so has a vote or votes under the 50 + 1 rule. There may be others like him. He works for RD as a manager in his Erfurt business (X-Fab?). The vote of Forster and possibly others have the potential to tip the balance in RD's favour from 50 - 1 to 50 + 1.

This is similar, in its own small way, to the way other businessmen investors have sought to outwit the 50 + 1 rule.
  • FFS get it right or Leuth will be all over you for being " regionalist "

Don't worry GH they are on another thread but will be here in as soon as...

Oi, NLA. Someone's. Taking the pi55 out off your mates. ;)

Now it's one country

Boom boom :wink: .
  • Fit and proper person though apparently.

Yep for sending down a salt mine.
  • edited September 2016
    Prague, this is the original article on Bild's website. It clarifies things a little bit more:

http://www.bild.de/wa/ll/bild-de/unangemeldet-42925516.bild.html

EDIT: http://www.bild.de/regional/leipzig/leipzig/jenas-vize-redet-klartext-47834772.bild.html

"BILD: Recently you were even asked to sign declarations of discontinuance.

Hilliger: "What it says there is hot air, guff, legal nonsense. We have therefore also urged [people] to refrain from signing. We will set it out in the General Assembly again exactly and then our members can evaluate it. "

---

Sounds familiar, but far more significant than the Charlton fan example.

(Btw: Google translate will convert the name Forster to ranger or forester sometimes.
  • Prague, this is the original article on Bild's website. It clarifies things a little bit more:

http://www.bild.de/wa/ll/bild-de/unangemeldet-42925516.bild.html

"BILD: Recently you were even asked to sign declarations of discontinuance.

Hilliger: "That what it says there is hot air, Stammtisch-talk, legal nonsense. We have therefore also be urged to refrain from signing. We will set out in the General Assembly again exactly and then to the value our members. "

---

Sounds familiar, but far more significant than the Charlton fan example.

That link seems to take me to Bild's current home page, no sign of the article..

• Boy, that Roland is some operator.