Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall fixture postponed due to international call-ups (Now Wed 21st Dec)

edited November 2016 in General Charlton
A new date for our London derby at The Den will be confirmed after the weekend of November 5th

Millwall fixture postponed due to international call-ups

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-millwall-international-3320360.aspx

Comments

• Options
    Bolox
  • Options
    Waiting for us both to be knocked out of FA Cup in the 1st round, so they can get a Saturday fixture.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    TelMc32 said:

Waiting for us both to be knocked out of FA Cup in the 1st round, so they can get a Saturday fixture.

Could be I suppose
  • Options
    Winning
  • Options
    If both are knock out of the FA Cup the fixture will be Saturday 3rd December.
  • Options
    Was always likely. Would be weird to have the derby on a Tuesday night, although my first Charlton game was home to Palace on a Tuesday night and that ended brilliantly with two Luke Varney goals (collectors items at the time).
  • Options
    Very early to postpone the game. If one of those players was to get injured on Saturday, then there would be only 2 call ups, though it wouldn't be in our interest to lose 2 or 3 key attacking players at the same time
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

PERFECT !! close enough to Dec 5th. Problem is I can see at least one of us getting through to the next round of the Cup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    *insert pun about fireworks
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Was always likely. Would be weird to have the derby on a Tuesday night, although my first Charlton game was home to Palace on a Tuesday night and that ended brilliantly with two Luke Varney goals (collectors items at the time).

Friday night that was.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Wasn't that a Friday night?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Friday night that was.
    That's it! I think I'd been to see Capello's first England game at Wembley on the Tuesday. Or maybe that was the Tuesday following...To be fair, I'd been drinking and there was a man dressed as banana man behind me. Nonetheless, good times.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Pretty sure the 2-0 in the snow in the early days of the new toolbox was a Tuesday night. That said, I took a half day beforehand and went on the beers...it could have been any day you liked!! :smiley:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

SDAddick said:

Pretty sure the 2-0 in the snow in the early days of the new toolbox was a Tuesday night. That said, I took a half day beforehand and went on the beers...it could have been any day you liked!! :smiley:
    This more or less reflects my approach to what turns out was a Friday night against Palace.
  • Options
    Guess this means Swindon will go the same way... Wonder if SKY will allow that
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Friday night that was.
    That's it! I think I'd been to see Capello's first England game at Wembley on the Tuesday. Or maybe that was the Tuesday following...To be fair, I'd been drinking and there was a man dressed as banana man behind me. Nonetheless, good times.
    I booked half day playing Pro evolution drinking games and ended up falling asleep next to a speaker at the Venue. Great times.
    Mate, footy video game drinking games are ace. I've always been a fifa man, but it's a great way to get wrecked.

This feels like the kind of post that should end with #LadsLadsLads and #Banter
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

PERFECT !! close enough to Dec 5th. Problem is I can see at least one of us getting through to the next round of the Cup
    why?, who we got....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm taking a half day and getting absolutely wankered either way... Can't bare a sober game against them lot
  • Options
    Is this likely to be played before Nov 23rd?
  • Options

Is this likely to be played before Nov 23rd?

2017,probably.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I'm taking a half day and getting absolutely wankered either way... Can't bare a sober game against them lot

Love the term "Wankered." Also love this Michael Mcintyre bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2hyB_Eg6q8
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

This, this and more this!

Fucked my already fucked back last time we we over there and went home bored and sober!
  • Options
    Get in, can now go to to the game whenever that is, hopefully midweek in early December
  • Options
    Oh well.

Better check if there are any unsold tickets....
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Friday night that was.
    I booked half day playing Pro evolution drinking games and ended up falling asleep next to a speaker at the Venue. Great times.
    Fell asleep, standing up, at the bar next to a speaker in some bloody loud pub/club place after the last game at Bolton's old ground (Kins' screamer, lost 4-1).

It's a gift!! :wink:
  • Options
    This just goes to prove that we're still a BIG club with the ability and resources to attract international players. Well done Katrien and Roland, keep up the good work