Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Canon Printer

Can anyone help with a Canon Printer problem? It has Image Garden Software installed which seems to be not working propally.when Scaning Documents and Photos they are not transfered to their folders.Can someone please tell me if it is better to uninstall Image Garden,and will it work witout it.Derek

Comments

• Have you checked the scan settings (under quick menu). That specifies where all the types of scanned documents are saved
  • Derek, I have a Canon Pixma MP495. I'm guessing Image Garden is canon's bespoke software?
    I have my Canon wirelessly connected to a desktop PC using a Linux OS as well as a windows laptop with the Canon Utilities. Now, why I MIGHT be able to help is that canon don't seem to provide software that works with Linux. Initially I had problems getting it to "speak" to my PC but eventually managed to track down drivers, etc that got the job done. The only two snags are that I can't tell from the PC how much ink is left and sometimes I have to re-set the network name as the printer seems to play second fiddle to anything else connected to my LAN and other bits of kit sometimes steal it's address.

In short, therefore I'd be surprised if you couldn't get it to work. Alternatively uninstall Image garden and re-install the latest version of it as a download direct from Canon's site maybe?
  • Thanks,cafcfan very good of you to send me such detail of how to solve it.The problem has only just occured andI have had the printer for about 18 months.Incerdently th P.C is an Apple O.S.X. I did check via google and one reply said the software for Image Garden could be corrected,(printer is pixma M.G 4250)it seems I will have to uninstall it and do as you advise.By the way,the printer is connected via usb.
  • I have a canon MG6150 and have never bothered with the canon software. Using Apple OSX what ever folder I tell the system to use it ignores it and saves the scan to "Pictures", this is no problem once you know it always puts it there.
  • I have an Epson but removing and reinstalling has fixed past problems for me. By the way - to share in case it is helpful - Epson printers are the best if you want to use refillable ink cartridges. I haven't had to buy a cartridge in over two years and do a lot of printing. The reason Epson are best is the jets are within the printer and not built into the cartridge. Because of this feature they are built to last where as a refillable print cartridge with inkjet nozzles will wear out sooner with regular use.

You can get a reconditioned wireless XP-312 for around £30, refillable cartridges for around £10 and ink bottles and syrynges for around £5. Then you won't need to pay anything more for printing for a long time!
  • Thanks everone for your help,between you the problem is solved. killerandflash.unfortunately I uninstaled Image Garden by putting quick menu in the trash.