Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benty to Arsenal for £15M

edited May 2007 in Rumours
??

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/sport

The journos at this paper always seem to know their stuff.

Comments

• Options
    I think it would be Bent destination of preference as he is a hard core gunner supposedly.
  • Options
    daily mail says liverpool are in for benty and price could go over £15 mill. let's bloody hope so.
  • Options
    Bidding war = Good news for CAFC. If he does go then rather he went to either of those clubs where he can really make a name for himself
  • Options
    Arsenal or Liverpool would be fantastic for him
  • Options
    liverpool and arsenal certainly need a finisher. either team at that price would soften the blow.
  • Options
    Echoe what you say henry dude, either of Arse or liverpool i will be happy with, no to spudz, chelsk or whammers.
  • Options
    Apart from the dosh, I would be disapponited if he went to Chelski or West H*m.

By the way, anyone else think Sidwell is taking a huge risk in going to Chelsea - he could be Scott Parker Mk2, shame to see such talent gonig to waste.
  • Options
    Why would anyone want to, apart from the money, go to that shitclub! Waste of a talent imo, just like spotty and SWP. He should and could go to a proper club with proper history, not some mickey mouse club what basically a rich crooks plaything till he gets bored!
  • Options
    Ollie, don't stop!
  • Options
    I wonder whether Arsenal have that kind of dosh at the moment. The Liverpool link is more likely. He will give them another option to go with Kuyt, and Crouch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Apart from the dosh, I would be disapponited if he went to Chelski or West H*m.

By the way, anyone else think Sidwell is taking a huge risk in going to Chelsea - he could be Scott Parker Mk2, shame to see such talent gonig to waste.

Think Sidwell is making a HUGE mistake, and yes, he will be the next Parker on the Chelsea bench...
  • Options
    Agree entirely about Sidwell - was really disappointed when I heard he was going to Chelsea - couls be another huge waste of English talen languishing in their reserves with SWP and Wayne Bridge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I wonder whether Arsenal have that kind of dosh at the moment. The Liverpool link is more likely. He will give them another option to go with Kuyt, and Crouch.

And they have a gap up front, now Fowler has gone...
  • Options
    I reckon the mickies should come in for him, he would do an ace job for them.
  • Options
    West Ham were interested yesterday according to rumours at £12M, this story says £15M...

Arsenal have the money and as we saw at the fag end of the season without Henry they badly missed a goalscorer. I guess they could raise the money from selling Reyes, currently on-loan at Real Madrid, but he doesn't want to return to London.
  • Options
    surely we'd prefer him to go to liverpool? just thinking more chance of a players-plus-cash deal.....saving us a few quid on the add-on fee, plus gettin some instant transfers of a reasonable quality.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: markwebb21[/cite]surely we'd prefer him to go to liverpool? just thinking more chance of a players-plus-cash deal.....saving us a few quid on the add-on fee, plus gettin some instant transfers of a reasonable quality.

I dunno, Arsenal with Song thrown in ?
  • Options
    Charlton's asking price is £17m..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kafka[/cite]Charlton's asking price is £17m..

and you pulled that figure up from where exactly ??
  • Options
    i just hope it's not to pompey for £12m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    according to the Daily Mail West Ham bid £18m in January - accept nothing less!
  • Options
    Would love it if he went to the Arse to play alongside Henry.

Anywhere but West Ham is fine by me.

Would hate it if he went there.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]according to the Daily Mail West Ham bid £18m in January - accept nothing less![/quote]

Price to Wham? £25m, plus a REAL copy of the Tevez paperwork.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: markwebb21[/cite]surely we'd prefer him to go to liverpool? just thinking more chance of a players-plus-cash deal.....saving us a few quid on the add-on fee, plus gettin some instant transfers of a reasonable quality.

Getting a player and cash would not save us anything, we would still have to make up the difference.
  • Options
    Arsenal are a better club to get outfield loans from I would suspect, hopefully £15m plus the pick of there reserves and fringe players on loan
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]daily mail says liverpool are in for benty and price could go over £15m
    [cite]Posted By: kafka[/cite]Charlton's asking price is £17m..
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]according to the Daily Mail West Ham bid £18m in January
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Price to Wham? £25mplus a REAL copy of the Tevez paperwork.
    I like the way this is heading!
  • Options
    Do Arsenal need him? Yes they struggled to score goals but they had Henry and van Persie out for half the season. They've got Adebayor as well plus the highly rated Bendtner to come back from Birmingham.
  • Options
    Must admit Liverpool and Spurs seem the most likely .... cos he's good in the air and got pace he could replace both of Defoe and Mido at Spurs, but Liverpool are the biggest club most obviously needing a proven goalscorer, and his performance at Anfield may have convinced Benitez?
  • Options
    Bent may score some in the air, but I wouldn't say he was a 'target man' as such like Mido and others of that ilk, if you catch my drift?
  • Options
    Out of all the clubs in the Prem, I would rather he went to Arsenal. He is apparently a Gooner, and I couldn't stand it if he went to W Ham or Spurs and did really well...at least when Konch/Murphy etc left us and moaned about us, they had dismal failure where they went, I think Bent would do well but I don't want him to for the teams I especially hate :)