Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reflections on Fleetwood trip

edited September 2016 in General Charlton
Here's a wee piece I've written about our draw at Highbury:

castrust.org/2016/09/fleetwood-draw-sums-up-footballs-ups-and-downs/

Hope you enjoy it.

Comments

• Options
    Linky not worky.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Linky not worky.

Thanks -should be OK now.
  • Options
    Nice piece Weegie; hadn't thought about the implications for Fleetwood when Vardy stayed put.
  • Options
    Nice piece H.
  • Options
    Cod or Haddock?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Redrobo said:

Cod or Haddock?

The perfect headline - you should be a sub-ed!
    Just to advise that we have now nicked it...
  • Options
    What an excellent article.

I look forward to my first pint purchased by Roland.
  • Options
    Just about got over the trauma over the coach journey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Just about got over the trauma over the coach journey

It was character building for you.
  • Options
    Terrific write up, Weegie & good to see you in Jim's.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited September 2016
    I'm going to guess that jims bar is named after their president and former chairmen Jim Betmead, we met him on Saturday as well, and the fleetwood fans were saying that basically he was the driving force of the rebirth of football at fleetwood Town in 1997, another nice guy to talk to and their fans seemed very proud of him.

Also, for those he didn't know, if you look at the photo of Highbury on the link, look at the stand opposite the new big main stand, you will see a small grey roofed building wedged right up behind the stand that runs upto the halfway line.
    That is the old stand, they didn't demolish it due to costs of removing asbestos etc, so they just built in front of it and left it there
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Pico said:

But have the other forty people got over the trauma of travelling with you ?

The wife did say I'm only going on the coach so I can moan about it.
    The main thing is the coach does offer a service as a fellow passenger did point.
    Safe for the younger fans to travel with thier mates, fans less mobile than myself those that don't drive and can't afford the train.
    So a thumbs up for the Coach.
    Just with me not on it
  • Options
    Lovely to see you, too @Fanny Fanackapan. Did you manage to give Ian the bumps in the end?

And thanks for the info @DA9 - I could have looked it up but decided to write in ignorance on that point!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    £10 for 24 Family tram ticket. Took us from outside our hotel near the South Pier to Fleetwoods ground and back. And trips along the coast including the illuminations including on Sunday! We had a very nice weekend. Would be nice if we both went up - would like to visit again next season! Felt very welcome - Fleetwood fans were excellent. Hopefully we can make those who travel to the Valley later this season equally welcome.
  • Options

£10 for 24 Family tram ticket. Took us from outside our hotel near the South Pier to Fleetwoods ground and back. And trips along the coast including the illuminations including on Sunday! We had a very nice weekend. Would be nice if we both went up - would like to visit again next season! Felt very welcome - Fleetwood fans were excellent. Hopefully we can make those who travel to the Valley later this season equally welcome.

Blimey 24 in the family Mutts fair play for taking your whole tribe :wink: .
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Pico said:

The main thing is the coach does offer a service as a fellow passenger did point.
    Safe for the younger fans to travel with thier mates, fans less mobile than myself those that don't drive and can't afford the train.
    Just with me not on it
    That'll be a relief for the other 49 passengers.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    We got off the train at Poulton-Le-Fylde & got a taxi to Fleetwood from there.

Poulton was surprisingly very nice and a 5 pint round was £13.40.

Fleetwood were the most friendly club I've ever been to (out of about 85 clubs).

We went to Blackpool after and had a pint on the North Pier. Great weekend.

I'd like us to get promoted with Fleetwood.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clb74 said:

Pico said:

Just with me not on it
    That'll be a relief for the other 49 passengers.
    The 49 got it easy they don't have to live with me.
    Didn't help with you on the wind up
    Just getting back with my hot dog with 5 mins left of h/t
    You pipe up "your lot gone for a beer"
  • Options

We got off the train at Poulton-Le-Fylde & got a taxi to Fleetwood from there.

Poulton was surprisingly very nice and a 5 pint round was £13.40.

Fleetwood were the most friendly club I've ever been to (out of about 85 clubs).

We went to Blackpool after and had a pint on the North Pier. Great weekend.

I'd like us to get promoted with Fleetwood.

Ditto although I did get kicked out of a pub before the game for having a child with me after our second drink despite said child sitting on the bar when choosing his first drink.

Fleetwood reminds me of what Charlton was like when I first started going in the early 90s
  • Options
    Great piece of writing.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Cod or Haddock?

Why thank you kind sir.
  • Options
    I enjoyed that. Nice one Weegie
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Cod or Haddock?

Why thank you kind sir.
    Except I'm not a sir, @Redrobo ;-)

• Options
    I get a resource limit reached message when trying to read the piece :(
  • Options

I get a resource limit reached message when trying to read the piece :(

Just tried and seems ok? Hopefully just a wee glitch.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the day totally---something new to experience and a nice place to visit.People were very friendly and the club
    has a great sense of humour.The flag showing a Cod Army following from Papua New Guinea was great as was the Captain Pugwash music.A relaxed day out and a big thanks to Fleetwood.
  • Options
    Friendly place Fleetwood, a poor town who really appreciate the extra business the football club is bringing in with away supporters

Even the amusement arcade near the Fleetwood Ferry stop had a welcoming message!