Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David Cameron to stand down as an MP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37342152

He didn't hang around long! I guess being a back bench MP didn't appeal, surprised he didn't hang on until the next general election though

Comments

• And who has to pay for the by election? Not him. So he doesn't really care about the public purse then.
    Tosser.
  • He can live off his PM pension for a few extra years then!
  • Ties in with the rumours of a big political figure being involved in a Canadian lead take-over of Charlton

More info on that please.
  • Once you have had the top job, not much excitement back in the ranks.
  • Keeping his head down.
  • Sponsored links:

• seen the Blair gravy train and wants to get on one---books to be ghost written--speaking tours to be arranged--millions to be made---must be down to his last £40 million ----are we still in this together Dave ?----dave ?----DAVE----are you there Dave ?

whats up?
  • iainment said:

And who has to pay for the by election? Not him. So he doesn't really care about the public purse then.
    Tosser.

If you leave a job, do you care about the cost to your employer to replace you?

• Addickted said:

iainment said:

And who has to pay for the by election? Not him. So he doesn't really care about the public purse then.
    Tosser.

If you leave a job, do you care about the cost to your employer to replace you?

No, but I'm also not the former Prime Minster.
  • or he's been offered a cushy and lucrative roll in some corporate board room, or some meaningless international panel.

Yep until a nice cushty spot in the House of Lords.
  • Good riddance to bad rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• I got you there @McBobbin - kinda guy I am.
  • So, great PM? Or greatest PM?
  • Probably the worst PM in living memory.
  • Saga Lout said:

Maybe I'm a grumpy old git, but I just don't think we are getting the quality we deserve in our MPs these days. He is the definition of a "quitter".

Saga Lout said:

Maybe I'm a grumpy old git, but I just don't think we are getting the quality we deserve in our MPs these days. He is the definition of a "quitter".

I think he fits the definition of 'fucking useless loser quitter'.

If that's true, are you allowed up this late on a school night?
  • Still let's hope he and Sam Cam and whatever kids they haven't left behind that day in the pub by mistake have a lovely time up in Chipping Campden with Jeremy (clarkson) and Rebecca (brooks nee wade) etc.

• Surely have to go back to Anthony Eden for the last PM to self-inflict as much damage to the UK, although a case could certainly be made for Callaghan's shoddy tenure.

That one has already been taken by Gordon Brown...