Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amazon and their poor delivery service.

124»

Comments

• Amazon sub contract out like any major company and get logistic services to deliver on there behalf

Eg why some drivers doorstep

Any driver who works for (or who is self employed) by any major company with 150ish drops a day will cut corners

Depends on area, accessibility etc

• My only issue with Amazon is how much my wife uses them. So many cardboard boxes arrive that the recycle bin is full after just a few days each week.
  • Had parcels delivered to neighbours when I was out,but unlike Royal Mail the delivery drivers don't leave a card to tell you this.

Website says delivered but not where it was delivered.
  • Ordered an item from Amazon last night at 21.10 and when I got home this morning at 11.30 I had a note through the door saying the parcel had been left next to my gate.

Fantastic service, 14 hours from order on line to parcel being at my garden gate.
  • We recently invested in a video doorbell which sits alongside our more traditional CCTV set up at home which is brilliant for its motion detection so as soon as anyone sets foot on the front of our driveway, we know about it.

Ever since, we’ve got great footage of parcels being left under our cars, left on the doorsteps, around the side of the front door and more often than not, just thrown over our side gate despite our delivery notes saying under no circumstances leave parcels under cars or over the back gate, please deliver to neighbour next door who will gladly receive said parcel!
  • Up to now never had a problem... But i guess soon will... Have more of an issue if your not careful you will get tangled into their prime service.
  • Ordered an item from Amazon last night at 21.10 and when I got home this morning at 11.30 I had a note through the door saying the parcel had been left next to my gate.

Fantastic service, 14 hours from order on line to parcel being at my garden gate.

Argos do the same, last week at 2pm i bought a printer, they didn't have it in stock but was delivered 5 hours later to my home address.
  • The girlfriends mother ordered light bulbs off Amazon. Not sure why as it's a strange thing to be ordering.

Delivery driver threw the box over a 6ft fence into the garden. Obviously none of the light bulbs survived.
  • I was all primed (yeah I did it) to have a right go at their massive corporate arses but having been recommended a pair of headphones by a mate in the pub, I ordered these relatively cheap headphones off eBay at about 9pm Friday night from the pub and they turned up before lunchtime Saturday one thing I found odd though, I bought them off eBay yet they turned up in an Amazon box.

• edited February 2018
    Carter said:

I was all primed (yeah I did it) to have a right go at their massive corporate arses but having been recommended a pair of headphones by a mate in the pub, I ordered these relatively cheap headphones off eBay at about 9pm Friday night from the pub and they turned up before lunchtime Saturday one thing I found odd though, I bought them off eBay yet they turned up in an Amazon box.

Someone ebayed it on a mark up (without even having purchased it themselves) and ordered it direct to your address on Amazon?

Probably worth checking amazon to see if they are cheaper on there than what you paid (including second hand)
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

I was all primed (yeah I did it) to have a right go at their massive corporate arses but having been recommended a pair of headphones by a mate in the pub, I ordered these relatively cheap headphones off eBay at about 9pm Friday night from the pub and they turned up before lunchtime Saturday one thing I found odd though, I bought them off eBay yet they turned up in an Amazon box.

Someone ebayed it on a mark up (without even having purchased it themselves) and ordered it direct to your address on Amazon?

Probably worth checking amazon to see if they are cheaper on there than what you paid (including second hand)
    Yeah maybe and if he did it's still pretty quick
  • Carter said:

Yeah maybe and if he did it's still pretty quick
  • Delivery just arrived from Amazon or should I say the cardboard packaging has! No contents. This one is going to be fun...not!
  • Definitely leaves a lot to be desired.
  • Carter said:

Had that happen a couple of times recently but I always check amazon as well and they weren't cheaper there so not quite sure why.
  • My only issue with Amazon is how much my wife uses them. So many cardboard boxes arrive that the recycle bin is full after just a few days each week.

I've got in to that habit, the more I work from home - the more I realise I need odd-bits and pieces that I don't want to go out solely for. (i.e mouthwash, motorcycle oil, cleaning products, etc etc)

Needless to say, within a few days the recycling bin is full, not to mention I usually have a load of plastic as well.
  • edited August 2018
    Got too say, I'm very impressed with the new Track Package page that shows you where the delivery driver is and tells you how many stops they've got before yours. Amazing what a service you can provide when you don't have to worry about trivial matters like paying tax.
  • Stig said:

Go too say, I'm very impressed with the new Track Package page that shows you where the delivery driver is and tells you how many stops they've got before yours. Amazing what a service you can provide when you don't have to worry about trivial matters like paying tax.

Yup, it's very useful
  • edited August 2018
    Stig said:

Go too say, I'm very impressed with the new Track Package page that shows you where the delivery driver is and tells you how many stops they've got before yours. Amazing what a service you can provide when you don't have to worry about trivial matters like paying tax.

PerculiarIy I also avoid paying tax but the service I provide is absolutely shocking.
  • Their planes are having a laugh
  • Sponsored links:

• The delivery people for Amazon are on piece rate so it's not in their interest to waste any time trying to make a delivery or having to come back again. This isn't their fault, it's Amazon's for giving them such a low payment per delivery.
  • It's not at all amazon related but I had a package take a very odd route last week, when I saw the tracker, it did make me laugh.
  • Stig said:

Got too say, I'm very impressed with the new Track Package page that shows you where the delivery driver is and tells you how many stops they've got before yours. Amazing what a service you can provide when you don't have to worry about trivial matters like paying tax.

The trackers system has been around for years, Interlink had it first and had a monopoly for a while, it is a very good system.
  • I had a couple of problem with prime deliveries, being late. Contact them, ask them why you are paying for a service you're not getting, they will give you another month of prime for free.

I have also noticed that next delivery seems to be less & less as an option. Mrs GA has picked a couple of things (usually on either a Friday or a Saturday) that she wanted, she hasn't got prime and could obtain a next day delivery, if she tried a prime trial. When I look at the same things, next day delivery wasn't a option.