Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amazon and their poor delivery service.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Talal said:

Swisdom said:

I've had Prime for a couple of years now and never have a problem. Frankly brilliant service and even if I end up paying a little bit more for the service I find the convenience makes up for that.

Has anyone seen the new Amazon Dash "Buttons" they are selling. They've been in the US for a while now but have just hit over here

Basically you have a button for a product and as soon as you run out of that product - say toilet rolls - you just press the Andrex button and they will automatically get ordered via your amazon account.

imageimage

more info here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=10833773031

Personally I think that might be a step too far but the fact it exists tells me there is a market for it.

What happens if a kid presses the button 100 times, do you end up with a lifetime supply of bog roll?

Swisdom said:

I've had Prime for a couple of years now and never have a problem. Frankly brilliant service and even if I end up paying a little bit more for the service I find the convenience makes up for that.

Has anyone seen the new Amazon Dash "Buttons" they are selling. They've been in the US for a while now but have just hit over here

Basically you have a button for a product and as soon as you run out of that product - say toilet rolls - you just press the Andrex button and they will automatically get ordered via your amazon account.

imageimage

Personally I think that might be a step too far but the fact it exists tells me there is a market for it.

In regards to these Dash buttons isnt it the case where you press the button and its simply added to your Basket (i.e. you've still got to go on their website / app to actually confirm the order)... As am sure many young children will love pressing these buttons and I'm sure many people wont want to find 100 boxes of Washing powder turning up one day
    As far as I know, when you push the button the order is done instantaneously; although pressing the button again will have no affect as no further orders via that button will be allowed until the pending one is delivered.
  • Options
    Ive had Amazon Prime since ints inception maybe 5 or 6 years and have made hundreds of orders; only ever had one order delivered late and that was because of heavy snow. Top Notch service I would say
  • Options
    Using Amazon logistics makes no sense to me. If you're not in then they "try" twice more and that's it. No place to go pick up from like was the case with yodel or Royal Mail before.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Swisdom said:

imageimage

hah, I thought the same as you - do we really need to be able to order stuff with a button press? Then I looked at the list of products available and I'm contemplating getting one for mouthwash and a few other bits..

I think you're right about the market though, they're already releasing documentation for developers who want to do similar with their own custom devices. It's quite sad really, I've spent the summer working from home and have had to drag myself out at times because I've had no other reason! Everything I want can be bought for the next day via Amazon or Sainsburys, whilst anything I could ever want to watch is online.
    The mind boggles!
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Talal said:

Swisdom said:

imageimage

What happens if a kid presses the button 100 times, do you end up with a lifetime supply of bog roll?

Swisdom said:

imageimage

In regards to these Dash buttons isnt it the case where you press the button and its simply added to your Basket (i.e. you've still got to go on their website / app to actually confirm the order)... As am sure many young children will love pressing these buttons and I'm sure many people wont want to find 100 boxes of Washing powder turning up one day
    As far as I know, when you push the button the order is done instantaneously; although pressing the button again will have no affect as no further orders via that button will be allowed until the pending one is delivered.
    I don't get the need for this at all, I already lose my phone, keys, channel changers, wallet on an hourly basis. So why would I want god knows how many Amazon buttons to order my poo paper? If they slipped it under trap 1 in an emergency then fine, but it's a little bit OTT.

It's like this technology for a fridge to automatically reorder your food. How does it know what I fancy to eat
    ...I don't even know that! If technology is involved then as soon as you rely on it some bugger will mess with it, the hardware will no longer be supported or you'll be hacked by some pre teenager the other side of the globe.
  • Options
    I used to think Amazon was great service but recently, on the last few orders, things haven't turned up or been very delayed. Not sure what is happening over there.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I had a kids fire tablet claimed to have been delivered a week ago which never was. I've had a phone case (which could be out through the letterbox) "attempted" to be delivered four times even through we were in every time.

They even then sent it out via Royal Mail to be picked up at my local post office yesterday , even sent me a text to tell me it was there to pick up only when my wife went it wasn't there.

I've now had another hour long online chat with one of their guys who kept telling me the addresses I was giving him for their lockers was wrong despite the fact I was cut and pasting it from their website!

Have a look at this thread , seems to say that stuff coming out of their bow depot just goes missing .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/amazon/ref=cm_cd_notf_message?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20NG9OQFCP0QF&cdPage=259&cdThread=Tx21J8C0QW4MWV8#MxO51SE8D0EY0K

You may need to buy a new doorbell? You can get them on Amazo............oh......!
  • Options
    After all this time I've finally got to the bottom of this. Turns out that Amazon have the postcode for my previous address but it's tagged onto my current address. I've been at my current one for four years and have had numerous parcels delivered successfully but they won't admit it's their fault.

Now the question is do I go to the address they've sent all this stuff to and ask for my stuff?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

After all this time I've finally got to the bottom of this. Turns out that Amazon have the postcode for my previous address but it's tagged onto my current address. I've been at my current one for four years and have had numerous parcels delivered successfully but they won't admit it's their fault.

Now the question is do I go to the address they've sent all this stuff to and ask for my stuff?

Technically it's either stealing or fraud that another address has accepted deliveries under your name so I would've thought it could be a matter for the police. They could've got in contact with you or amazon after realising it wasn't for them.

I'd go and see them first though yeah. They might have a pile of 4 years worth of deliveries stashed away.
  • Options
    Never mind you lot. Soon they will be able to dive bomb you your orders in a one off Kamikaze flight!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

buckshee said:

Technically it's either stealing or fraud that another address has accepted deliveries under your name so I would've thought it could be a matter for the police. They could've got in contact with you or amazon after realising it wasn't for them.

I'd go and see them first though yeah. They might have a pile of 4 years worth of deliveries stashed away.
    The last thing I ordered was meant to turn up a couple of days ago and is only worth about £10. I'm going to knock there and ask if they have it , if they do then I'll ask where the rest of the stuff is . If I have no joy there then I'll tell them it must be the delivery drivers and I'll speak to the police. Let's see how that goes.
  • Options

Never mind you lot. Soon they will be able to dive bomb you your orders in a one off Kamikaze flight!

drones disguised as Santa Claus dropping stuff right down the chimney .. but, unlike Santa, they can do this 365/7/24/60/60 .. soon Amazon will get the contract to drone-bomb isis out of existence
  • Options

drones disguised as Santa Claus dropping stuff right down the chimney .. but, unlike Santa, they can do this 365/7/24/60/60 .. soon Amazon will get the contract to drone-bomb isis out of existence
    Judging by the way they've dealt with my stuff recently I wouldn't hold out much hope that they'd hit the right target.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

buckshee said:

The last thing I ordered was meant to turn up a couple of days ago and is only worth about £10. I'm going to knock there and ask if they have it , if they do then I'll ask where the rest of the stuff is . If I have no joy there then I'll tell them it must be the delivery drivers and I'll speak to the police. Let's see how that goes.
    The question is are you out of pocket? If not, the fraud has been done by the people at your old address against Amazon and the police will not be bothered unless Amazon say so and they'll probably think its not worth their while.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

buckshee said:

buckshee said:

The question is are you out of pocket? If not, the fraud has been done by the people at your old address against Amazon and the police will not be bothered unless Amazon say so and they'll probably think its not worth their while.
    But surely @buckshee is out of pocket?

Unless Amazon have been refunding for all of these deliveries?
  • Options

rananegra said:

buckshee said:

buckshee said:

But surely @buckshee is out of pocket?

Unless Amazon have been refunding for all of these deliveries?
    The previous parcels amazon refunded , this current one however is from a different seller but via them. I'd be happy to just get that back but I'm interested to see their reaction when I mention the other parcels. I wouldn't bother getting the police involved as I know it's unlikely they'll be that bothered and anyway they've got more important things to worry about.
  • Options
    I've got Amazon prime but ordered my wife's Christmas present nice and early on AO.com. Needn't have worried, the Morphy Richards Which Best Buy toaster under £30 arrived the next day. It unfortunately blew up in January and stopped working (I think she stuck a screwdriver in it). Phoned customer services on Friday afternoon, they asked me to pick another toaster, a de-luxe model up to £50 and it arrived Saturday morning. Gave them 5 stars on the review site and will use them again.
  • Options
    @buckshee get a pal to drop off a parcel in your name and see if they take it in then, if they do, rock up yourself an hour later asking for that and all your other stuff.

If they don't take it in then you know its the drivers that have been having it away with the parcels and can report that to Amazon

• Sponsored links:

• Options

@buckshee get a pal to drop off a parcel in your name and see if they take it in then, if they do, rock up yourself an hour later asking for that and all your other stuff.

If they don't take it in then you know its the drivers that have been having it away with the parcels and can report that to Amazon

That's not a bad shout actually.
  • Options
    I think in general, Amazon provide excellent service, with 95% of my orders arriving earlier than estimated.

When it comes to Amazon logistics, its slightly more mixed. At end of 2015, I ordered a new smartphone. Amazon tracking indicated it was on its way, and I waited in the house for its delivery. Got a notification that it had been delivered and handed to me (mentioned by name on tracking service). Rang Amazon to complain. They promptly sent a replacement by next day courier apologising for the service, and stated they would rasie an investigation due to the cost of the money.

Next day, I waited at home and kept an eye out. Ping! email, "Handed to xxx" by name again.
    Checked to find the replacement phone had been stuffed into the letterbox, but was hanging out for the whole world to see (and by my reckoning nick!). There had been no attempt to ring the doorbell. Got frustrated, but as Amazon themselves had been good about it decided not to waste my time. Original phone turned up 2 weeks later when next door neighbours returned from holiday.

Since then I've had quite a few occasions where Amazon logistics have abandoned the parcels somewhere in the garden. We found one package (ebay order delivered by Amazon) 2 weeks later in the bushes after theyd left it on a Windowsill and it had fallen off. I wouldnt mind, but we have left clear instructions on what to do if there is no one about.

So whilst I think Amazon themselves are pretty good, they really need to sort out their delivery guys.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    dogpat65 said:

I think in general, Amazon provide excellent service, with 95% of my orders arriving earlier than estimated.

When it comes to Amazon logistics, its slightly more mixed. At end of 2015, I ordered a new smartphone. Amazon tracking indicated it was on its way, and I waited in the house for its delivery. Got a notification that it had been delivered and handed to me (mentioned by name on tracking service). Rang Amazon to complain. They promptly sent a replacement by next day courier apologising for the service, and stated they would rasie an investigation due to the cost of the money.

Next day, I waited at home and kept an eye out. Ping! email, "Handed to xxx" by name again.
    Checked to find the replacement phone had been stuffed into the letterbox, but was hanging out for the whole world to see (and by my reckoning nick!). There had been no attempt to ring the doorbell. Got frustrated, but as Amazon themselves had been good about it decided not to waste my time. Original phone turned up 2 weeks later when next door neighbours returned from holiday.

Since then I've had quite a few occasions where Amazon logistics have abandoned the parcels somewhere in the garden. We found one package (ebay order delivered by Amazon) 2 weeks later in the bushes after theyd left it on a Windowsill and it had fallen off. I wouldnt mind, but we have left clear instructions on what to do if there is no one about.

So whilst I think Amazon themselves are pretty good, they really need to sort out their delivery guys.

Absolutely. I have had Amazon logistics let me down again and again. A little tip, make a huge fuss like it is the most awful thing that has ever happened to you and that you are going to have to go back to using the local high street bla bla bla. You will get a £5 voucher, or their new thing they do for me, giving me an extra months Prime subscription for free (I'm now up to 5 months extra for free), as well as resending the items.

Complaining when you get bad service is ALWAYS the right thing to do, you often get good things from it.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

dogpat65 said:

Absolutely. I have had Amazon logistics let me down again and again. A little tip, make a huge fuss like it is the most awful thing that has ever happened to you and that you are going to have to go back to using the local high street bla bla bla. You will get a £5 voucher, or their new thing they do for me, giving me an extra months Prime subscription for free (I'm now up to 5 months extra for free), as well as resending the items.

Complaining when you get bad service is ALWAYS the right thing to do, you often get good things from it.
    I had a prime delivery due yesterday. Tracking showed it on the way, then the timeline went black with an "issue". I've just been on the online chat and got a replacement for tomorrow and an additional month on my Prime.
  • Options
    accepting items wrongly delivered is not breaking any rules, the offence comes with opening the items that aren't yours, "interfering with the mail" or some such ancient description
    fault for a wrong postcode on a delivery address - can't look much further than the account holder there - RFQ
    I had issues with the tracking nonsense for a succession of items amazon sent me via royal mail a while back - the RM tracking would state the item was delivered at least 2 days before it turned up, one was supposed to be available for collection from the local delivery (sic) office but on arriving to collect RM said they'd sent it out for delivery earlier the same day ffs, that took 24 more hours to travel 5 miles. My biggest grief was Amazon's position is "if we say we've sent it via a carrier - take it up with them" RM's policy is "if we're the carrier and your thing hasn't arrived - take it up with the vendor". Amazon doesn't have a specific contact channel for missing items. If your parcels fall into the cracks in the system, you're essentially on your own.
    In their defense Amazon aren't completely mercenary in these matters - a couple of christmasses ago a chap began receiving numerous items he hadn't ordered, addressed to amazon returns but at his home address. As the pile of unsolicited goods grew he asked A what they wanted to do about it and make sure he wasn't getting charged, A reckoned it was a glitch and would resolve itself soon enough, it didn't, the pile grew and grew, A finally worked out they'd printed up a huge batch of returns labels with a cockeyed address and told the unwitting recipient he could keep, sell, whatever as much of the stuff as he liked and was under no obligation to return or arrange collection of any of it, thousands of pounds worth to him, a drop in a bucket to them.
    All a bit of a red herring since they are a cynical tax defrauding conglomerate shower-of-bastards who no decent Briton should use until they change their cynical tax defrauding ways.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I generally always do, and have done with subsequent ones. In fact most of online retailers have now stepped up to match Amazon's customer model. Most people dont even quibble about damaged goods, and are happy to replace/compensate.

I wouldnt touch Prime. I'm not giving money upfront for something I may or may not use, and have no interest in Amazon TV. Unfortunately Pay Monthly is Amazon's preferred model. They do it with AWS, Audible and their TV service. you can very quickly see a lot of money dissappear from your account using low cost micro services.
  • Options
    2nd class royal mail - I think you have a better than average chance of it never getting there from my experience!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

How many parcels do you think the old address must've had?

Chances are they probably kept the first couple aside expecting a call from you or Amazon, but if 4 years later they're still getting stuff delivered with no comeback, then they're having a laugh with a lot of free stuff!