Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Majorca 2017

1235»

Comments

• last_line said:

I'm in cala bona on sat in a bar no doubt surrounded by mackems. Might introduce myself as Clive Mendonca!?

Be prepared for the heat! Parents are in Menorca at the moment and said it's getting unbearable. On course for their hottest temperatures in 40 odd years I believe. Still, you'll have a swimming pool, bar and air con, so I won't feel too bad for you.
  • Heading to Porto Cristo saturday hopefully the game if I can find a suitable bar

Have you been there before?

We were there at the start of the season (admittedly) 9 years ago. Nice little town/port but we had to head up the road to Sa Coma to find any bars showing English football.
    No I'll head up to Sa Coma then wouldn't want to risk not watching it with the family
    How did you get on with trying to find somewhere to watch the game mate?
  • The FIL and his wife had booked a week in our hotel during our stay. Turned up this morning and they’ve booked the wrong hotel (same chain but 10 minutes up the road). Our hotel is full and theirs is more geared towards adults so can’t switch.

My daughter’s distraught.
  • The FIL and his wife had booked a week in our hotel during our stay. Turned up this morning and they’ve booked the wrong hotel (same chain but 10 minutes up the road). Our hotel is full and theirs is more geared towards adults so can’t switch.

My daughter’s distraught.

Result!
  • Heading to Porto Cristo saturday hopefully the game if I can find a suitable bar

Have you been there before?

We were there at the start of the season (admittedly) 9 years ago. Nice little town/port but we had to head up the road to Sa Coma to find any bars showing English football.
    No I'll head up to Sa Coma then wouldn't want to risk not watching it with the family
    How did you get on with trying to find somewhere to watch the game mate?</blockquotew

We didn’t arrive in time for me to get back out so just logged in to sky go and watch poolside
  • Going next weekend for the first time. Just for a long weekend, staying near Soller and can't wait.

Will head into Port Soller for one evening, but any other places anyone would recommend for a nice evening meal please do let me know!
  • Soller is lovely. We went last year on an excursion from Sa Coma. The tram and train rides were a highlight and are totally recommended.

We go back to Sa Coma on September 5th. We were last there in June 2016 and since then they have introduced the Tourist tax. My wife and I went to Zante in June this year and they have the tourist tax now too. It was 1.50euro per room per night which was 10.50euro for the week. However, there are four of us going to Majorca and apparently the tax there is 4.50 per person per night. This adds on over £100 to the cost of the holiday so this might be our last visit to the island.
  • Yep, Soller is very nice - and Puerto Soller also very nice. The only thing is the cost of the tram - 7/8 Euros each way - so, when you were paying for four, as i was, it was costing 56 eurs for a return tram ride of about 10 mins.
    Also, to get anywhere from Soller is a schlep - coz of being in the mountains. It took ages to get to Pollensa or Peguera the other way.
  • S'Illot Any good ?