Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Majorca 2017

Comments

• Yes, the buses are excellent value, much better than at home - for example, only Euro 1.50 from Soller down to the Port. Agree also on a hire car - unless you're touring the island, there's absolutely no need for one and it would be a nuisance in some of these small towns with their very narrow streets.
  • It's certainly better than losing your contact lenses in the sea then having to drive across the mountains from Pollensa to Soller on unlit winding roads in pitch dark with only prescription sunglasses to help you see. My god, that was a trip!
  • Going to Palmanova in early October, definitely going to do the old train/tram trip from Palma to Soller, looks a great day out.

Didn't know there was such a trip, so thanks to those posting info about it.
  • Worth going to Soller on a market day (I think Saturday) if it fits with your plans - it's all in the main square, and brilliant for people watching.
  • Nice one this is a great help

Now this year I used Icelolly.com

Any other cheap sites worth looking at?

If you find a hotel you like it might be worth booking straight through with them and then pay for flights separately through Skyscanner, we find it cheaper, cuts out the middle man as such.
  • edited September 2016
    Buy flights direct with airline.

Why add in another party?
  • Skyscanner just link you to cheapest flights normally.
  • Good point this was our first holiday abroad so all new to me TBH.

Makes sense, Transfers Cab ?
  • Good point this was our first holiday abroad so all new to me TBH.

Makes sense, Transfers Cab ?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjSieOC4frOAhWiIsAKHSWFBpsQFggpMAA&url=http://www.majorcabdriver.com/&usg=AFQjCNGd6twKxifcqCY52NnFsfdixgxIag
    The above are a good cab service who we have used, and Hoppa transfers are also reliable, normally discount codes for Hoppa as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice one

Thanks for that

Monarch do all sorts to Majorca whether your looking for the full package or just flights or whatever . They bought out Cosmos so you can do it all through them. I'm off to Cala Dor next Thursday to the place mentioned above. Can't blooming wait
  • If @Big_Bad_World @Sparrows Lane Lion @MillwallFan are reading this thread, they'll be pissing themselves over the excitement generated among some of you by the Soller Train
  • Taxi_Lad said:

If @Big_Bad_World @Sparrows Lane Lion @MillwallFan are reading this thread, they'll be pissing themselves over the excitement generated among some of you by the Soller Train

Ha, ha the thought did go through my head when I posted it!
  • Essex_Al said:

Taxi_Lad said:

If @Big_Bad_World @Sparrows Lane Lion @MillwallFan are reading this thread, they'll be pissing themselves over the excitement generated among some of you by the Soller Train

Ha, ha the thought did go through my head when I posted it!

I think the Soller station would have a particular allure for Millwall supporters, as the station has a couple of small, free museums dedicated to the Spanish artists Joan Miro and Pablo Picasso. Unfortunately, the latter is essentially made of ceramics, which could be tempting fate.

http://www.theothermallorca.com/blog/2014/02/spotlight-soller-railway-station-picasso-miro-exhibitions
  • paguera Anyone been ?

Pictures all look very nice
  • Went there about 5 years ago and it's a very clean resort.
    Predominantly Germans in paguera unlike other resorts on the island not that it bothered me.
    A good selection of bars and restaurants and overall i would recommend it
  • Lovely beach in Paguera.
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2017
    Anyone with experience of the weather mid too late April in Majorca, i.e. Warm enough for poolside/kids swimming etc?
  • DA9 said:

Anyone with experience of the weather mid too late April in Majorca, i.e. Warm enough for poolside/kids swimming etc?

It can still be a bit hit and miss mid to late April mate. Outside chance of rain but the temperatures will not go much above 19/20c unless you're lucky enough to hit a good warm spell. Nights will still be quite cool. Should still get plenty of sun though but be aware, the water (pools and sea) has not had a lot of time to warm up so will still be chilly.

If you're able to, in my opinion the Canaries are probably a better bet in April for a pool/beach holiday with kids.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

It can still be a bit hit and miss mid to late April mate. Outside chance of rain but the temperatures will not go much above 19/20c unless you're lucky enough to hit a good warm spell. Nights will still be quite cool. Should still get plenty of sun though but be aware, the water (pools and sea) has not had a lot of time to warm up so will still be chilly.

If you're able to, in my opinion the Canaries are probably a better bet in April for a pool/beach holiday with kids.
    Canaries my first choice but such a price difference, thanks for the info
  • DA9 said:

DA9 said:

The reason for the price difference is all to do with the weather.
    Trust me unless you have a heated pool April is a no go regarding swimming
  • DA9 said:

DA9 said:

The reason for the price difference is all to do with the weather.
    Trust me unless you have a heated pool April is a no go regarding swimming
    Majorca is really only a summer destination - as you say, canaries in April. The length of the flight will also have a major impact on price.
  • no to spain before may
    went minorca at easter a few years back diving it was sunny but the wind was freezing cold and the sea was freezing as well
  • Looking to go to Mallorca early June. Want somewhere quiet/scenic (as my wife is 5 months pregnant!), not worried about nightlife as such, but in reach of a nice town/harbour would be good.

Any recommendations gratefully received!
  • Looking to go to Mallorca early June. Want somewhere quiet/scenic (as my wife is 5 months pregnant!), not worried about nightlife as such, but in reach of a nice town/harbour would be good.

Go to Minorca.
    It will tick more boxes
  • Minorca is certainly quiet, but Mahon is pretty. Ciudadela is too, but it is very small.

I'd always recommend Soller/Port de Soller in Mallorca for a bit of everything.

I'd recommend Cala Bona

Cala Dor
    Cala azul park/gardens

Thank me later mate. You'll love it. Book it via monarch , as they do packages. Been going there 20+ years and cannot get enough of the place
  • I've got a timeshare (holiday ownership as the American's like to call it) at the Marriott Resort Son Antem. In the middle of nowhere but has 2 golf courses, tennis courts, indoor & outdoor pools, spa's etc. 2 weeks in either March/April or Sept/Oct or cam be swapped for other resorts anywhere in the world. Selling it if anyone's interested c £5k.