Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

£20 coach to Fleetwood - seats available & contact phone number

edited August 2016 in General Charlton
CAST's new coach service will start with the Fleetwood game on Saturday, September 10th, using Redwing coaches and with long serving former Valley Away steward Jean Tindell getting it under way at Bromley.

We now have a telephone number you can call with enquiries and to arrange bookings if you are not comfortable usng PayPal at www.castrust.org

Pick-ups are Bromley North 6.45am, Well Hall 7.00am, Charlton 7.15am, Bexleyheath 7.30am, Dartford 7.40am. The fare is £20.

A few people have asked why we are running earlier than the club (from the final pick-up) - the reason is that we are not confident they have made sufficient allowance for traffic and stops en route based on our previous experience of running to Blackpool, which is a slightly shorter trip.

CAST has also announced that it will run to Oxford United on September 24th for £12 - that's £8 cheaper than CAFC - and start at Canterbury at 9.30am, with pick-ups at Medway Services at 10am, Dartford at 10.30am and Bexlyheath at 10.40am. A second coach is planned to start at Bromley at 10.20am, picking up at Eltham at 10.40am and Charlton at 11am.

All pick-ups are the traditional Valley Express / Valley Away stops. One promise we can make is that we will never take passengers on a 90-minute tour of SE London before setting off!

At present, however, we are only taking Fleetwood bookings. For any further information, please call the trust on 07581 300764.

Comments

• Great to have Jean T on side !

C'mon, folks !

Let's sell this one out ASAP !
  • Count me in.
  • edited September 2016
    Fleetwood won't sell direct, we have to go via the Charlton ticket office. However, the away end holds 1,300 so I'm going to pay on the day as I can't see this selling out beforehand. If it does, of course, I'll be getting the tram to the beach at Blackpool.
  • 447 sold according to CAFC on twitter.

Be about 800 then.

Slightly surprised more haven't been sold, maybe it's because it's just after the school holidays have ended

Slightly surprised more haven't been sold, maybe it's because it's just after the school holidays have ended
    Other than a new ground for a lot of people, not a very attractive fixture.

Long way, expensive travelling costs and an uninspiring place to vist.

As opposed to Walsall, Bury, Scunthorpe...

Walsall and Bury are certainly not so far and the travelling costs considerably cheaper.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016
    Can you have a beer on board?

And GOOLE.
    You have got me there Mr Otto.

I thought I was getting the upperhand with KillerandFlash then you stick your nose in the way.
  • Can you have a beer on board?

If you are talking about Goole, you can have plenty.

If you are talking about the coach then the answer will almost certainly be no.
  • Can you have a beer on board?

elfs coach to Fleetwood is £5 cheaper than Walsall mate enjoy Goole can we have an hourly update please

• Can you do the bottle of coke but it's really 80% vodka trick?

I can promise you that "little" Jean T will do more than bite your ankles if you try that one !

Nawty boy !

• edited September 2016

Can you do the bottle of coke but it's really 80% vodka trick?

I'm doing the bottle of water bottle 100% vodka trick should just about wake up for when they drop me back at bromley
  • clb74 said:

I'm doing the bottle of water bottle 100% vodka trick should just about wake up for when they drop me back at bromley
    It'll numb the pain when we lose in the last minute to a Roger Johnson own goal
  • Sponsored links:

• If you don't effing like it don't effing come.
  • If you don't effing like it don't effing come.

No need for that language
  • What films you got?

Twister
    My dog skip
    Maverick
    The full 90 mins of beating Millwall in the night

Those were the days
  • Does the book say no alcohol on a football coach?

• Does the book say no alcohol on a football coach?

Unless the rules have changed, football coaches can be turned around if alcohol is found on board. Personally I believe there's a horrible little scroat who would love to scupper this if he thought he could. ;)
  • Just the one?
  • Is there Wi Fi on board
  • edited September 2016
    clb74 said:

Can you have a beer on board?

elfs coach to Fleetwood is £5 cheaper than Walsall mate enjoy Goole can we have an hourly update please

Can you do a match thread for the Goole game @ElfsborgAddick? I'd hate to miss out on any of the action :smiley:
  • T.C.E said:

I can promise you that "little" Jean T will do more than bite your ankles if you try that one !

Nawty boy !

Bearing in mind how some people how some people would love to make a phone call that alcohol is onboard a football coach. I would play this one by the book. ;)
    Wise words - we can all guess at the likely candidates to make that phone call and arrange for a search. They would love to see the coach delayed, turned back etc. and this initiative to fail. So unlike references to North Korea - let's keep jokes about alcohol a 'no go area'. PS Wish I was coming but now live out in the sticks.