Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alcorcon season 2017/18 from page 4

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Surprise three two win last night with a late goal to take the three points!
  • Options
    Two draws since I last updated this and currently in fourteenth in a desperately dull season. Home today to surprise league leaders Huesca: will update later for Alcorcon enthusiasts.
  • Options
    Are Huesca are small club a la Eibar CM ?
    I notice, as a town, that its in the middle of nowhere.
  • Options

Are Huesca are small club a la Eibar CM ?
    I notice, as a town, that its in the middle of nowhere.

Similar trajectory to Eibar in that in recent years it has gone up from the third to the second and is now looking to push on further despite a small budget, stadium and fanbase. Probably a bigger town than Eibar though as it is one of the three provincial capitals of Aragon and seen as the gateway to the Pyrenees.
  • Options
    Another team i've not heard of before, and are lying 3rd CM are Lugo.
    Never heard of them.
  • Options

Another team i've not heard of before, and are lying 3rd CM are Lugo.
    Never heard of them.

Another small team punching well above their weight in a league with some big teams like Granada, Rayo Vallecano, Zaragoza and Valladolid.

Lugo is a medium sized town from Galicia and have been in the second league for just a few years but have never really been pushing for promotion until this year.

Alcorcon currently one all in second half against the league leaders.
  • Options
    Held on for a good 1-1 draw against the leaders in front of 2806 fans at the Estadio Santo Domingo and stay in 14th place.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Lost three nil away to Sporting Gijon yesterday.

Interesting article from the end of the year from Ignacio Legido, the current president of Alcorcon, where he talks of his hopes for the club for 2018. RD is the owner and put Legido in place a couple of years ago, and here he expresses a desire for more investment whilst recognising that Alcorcon have not really been the Belgian's priority. Worth a read/ google translate to get the sense of frustration the Spanish team feel about their current situation.

http://www.eldesmarque.com/futbol/lfp-segunda-liga123/208133-legido-al-2018-le-pido-que-el-alcorcon-se-consolide-en-segunda
  • Options
    Currently 1-0 up at half time at home against second place Cadiz. Surprisingly, this morning's preview in the paper said the game.was a sellout already before the day. I don't recall there ever being a full house at the Santo Domingo so there must be a big amount of travelling Cadiz fans or Cadiz supporters based in Madrid going today.

Huesca won again yesterday and are still top - very impressive for such a small team and in a league with so many big clubs.
  • Options
    Held on to a surprise 1-0 win over Cadiz today, and are now in a decent 12th place. Will do a little bit to ease the fans' complaints over years of no real investment from RD (apart from on the stadium) but it still looks like the season will end in an underwhelming lower half of the table position.

The frustration for Alcorcon supporters is made worse by the success in La Liga of their neighbours Getafe and Leganes, both doing very well despite not being much bigger than Alcorcon. RD's lack of ambition has left the fans still wondering what could have been if he had actually tried to push the club forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any rumours of a sale over there @CharltonMadrid ?

Once we're rid of him, I think it'd be a nice touch to send any left over protest gear to the fans of his other clubs.
  • Options
    Haven't seen anything about a sale - there is generally very little news about Alcorcon. They just seem to drift along in an inoffensive, almost anonymous way.
  • Options
    Haven't updated this for a while due to dwindling interest (on my part) but they got a second successive one nil win today with a 90th minute win away to Real Oviedo to keep them a few points above the relegation places.

Need to have a look to see what the latest is with the club and the fans' feelings towards the ownership. Last thing I read was of unsurprising dissatisfaction at RD's lack of interest and investment and of the club generally going backwards under him.
  • Options
    Lots of speculation and hope of a sale on the message board, with some mention of us:

http://adalcorcon.mforos.mobi/246791/12958202-posible-venta-del-club/
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Long time since I updated this but for keen Alcorcon watchers, they won 3-0 yesterday to finish the season in a respectable 13th. Not a bad achievement after being close to the relegation zone a lot of the year but after an amazing season for Madrid football in general they remain the capital region's mediocre team leaving their supporters as the only ones without anything to celebrate.

Real and Atletico both won European trophies, Getafe almost got into Europe and Leganes impressively kept their place in La Liga. Further down, Rayo Vallecano deservedly won the second division to return to the top league and Majadahonda won their third division to join Alcorcon in the second. Even the team I go to watch, the tiny Union Adarve, kept their place in the third division against the odds in their first year of national league football.

Alcorcon seems to have become a byword for averageness under RD, with no real investment or actual interest on his part. There were rumours of a sale but haven't seen anything recently so the whole thing has been very frustrating for the supporters, who did have some expectations of success or at least improvement under his stewardship but instead seem to have become Madrid's forgotten team. A sad time for them all in all.
  • Options
    Thank's for the interesting update of the Madrid football scene Madrid. ( to many Madrid's )
  • Options
    Manager gone and they are looking for a new one. Weird how they have not ended up with random Belgium coaches over the years and we have (up until recently that is).