Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Blucher said:

Dr Kish reporting that THD has travelled north for a medical and is expected to sign a three year contract tomorrow - i.e. the deal is as good as done.

We don't know - and will probably never know- what the fee is (it will, as ever, be 'undisclosed') but, on any view, this is extremely disappointing. THD and Gomez were the stand out players in the youth team a couple of years ago and now they have both gone. I think that Tareiq has real potential and he would, at the very least, have provided important cover in both the left back and left midfield positions. I was also very impressed that he and Jordan Cousins spent four or five weeks with an athletics coach during the close season to improve their level of fitness and athleticism. That sort of commitment is highly commendable in a young professional.

This latest sale is entirely commensurate with the regime's total lack of football ambition and Duchatelet's obsession with maintaining a skeletal squad. In his ultra short term thinking, the thought of having a player on the payroll who isn't playing every week is a total anathema. It is very depressing and does not bode well in relation to Lookman and Konsa, not to mention our prospects of ever building a stable and successful team.

This x1000.

THD is a player I first saw in a youth team game at The Valley about 4/5 years ago and he stood out more than any other youth player I have seen apart from Solly at the time (not that I go to that many youth games). When he has played for the first team he clearly has flair in abundance, plenty of skill and is fearless in the tackle. A player you could enjoy watching. He lacks certain defensive nous at professional levels but this just adds to the weirdness of a decision to sell... ie he is not the finished product so we will get relative peanuts for him.

What I find utterly bewildering in this thread are the people saying he is not a major loss etc. For 10 years + we have sold our best young players and best experienced players. Each time we do, people come on here telling me/us it is not so bad yet we have fallen through 2 leagues, play shitty football and have a squad too weak to compete. For me he has far more potential than Fox but that is not really the point. With no loan window we need 2 left backs and neither Solly or Lennon are LB's so selling THD means we need to bring in cover ourselves so what is the point of the sale?

To me this makes him a pretty integral squad player and even more so given he is going to a team at the top of the division above us. to me that makes him a pretty major player.
    This a million per cent. I really don't see the point of the Academy any more. We are just providing players for other Clubs. The only reason I can see for having an Academy is to put cash into Staprix pocket. I am amazed that Lookman is still here. But the first decent offer we get for him will be taken.

• It would be stupid to sell him. Huddersfield too.

He's a decent footballer, he has never looked out of his depth when I've seen him and has the right physique for the professional game. And as stated above, what happens when fix gets a knock or needs resting? The inadequacies of the squad are there too be seen by all again.

The ownership are not long sighted in anyway but all they would have picked up on was Archie Edwards, same position, cheaper wages, player off wage bill

Of Tariq is asking to move then fair enough I think he's capable of doing a jib at a far higher level but I very much doubt that's the case and I don't see how a youngster who's barely got 12 senior games under his belt could assert himself like that. But nothing suprises me with the circus
  • Carter said:

Of Tariq is asking to move then fair enough I think he's capable of doing a jib at a far higher level but I very much doubt that's the case and I don't see how a youngster who's barely got 12 senior games under his belt could assert himself like that. But nothing suprises me with the circus

Added to that, don't forget he's already played more than 40 League games loaned to clubs in League One and Two, since he was 18.

• Could understand if he was going to a much bigger, decent club, but ffs it's Huddersfield!! Players literally cannot wait to leave this shit show and quite honestly who can blame them.

That's the crux of it - one of the defining features of life under CP was that we always ground out results against Hudds and similar teams. Now they've beaten us 5-0 and are a more attractive proposition for our prospects. No disrespect to them, but sign of how much things have changed.
  • Good luck to the Kid if it means he will play first team football, if not a bit of a pointless move this one. I doubt the fee will be large, no more than 350k. If we get a reasonable sell on 20% or so it would be good.

• Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

Added to that, don't forget he's already played more than 40 League games loaned to clubs in League One and Two, since he was 18.

Whilst he was at Oxford, Oldham and Plymouth did they achieve anything in which would suggest he had changed their fortunes. He has to sit and wait and wait for his time to come and when it does grab it with both hands. Lets say for example Fox gets injured Saturday he would have been first choice for that position that he would have had every right to claim to be his own if he played out of his skin. I think he has been misadvised with regards to the move, should have been told to sit tight and wait for your time and learn the game from senior pro's, you are currently on the bench and would get a run out in cup games etc, bit the reality is that in this day and age it is probably down to the fact that the player is being offered a few hundred quid more to sit on a bench in Yorkshire rather than London.
  • Sponsored links:

• But that doesn't mean we have to accept the offer!!! We need a second choice in every position.....
  • Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

Whilst he was at Oxford, Oldham and Plymouth did they achieve anything in which would suggest he had changed their fortunes.

Well, he was highly rated at each of those clubs and automatic 1st choice most of the time.
    More than 40 League games in League One and Two is very decent 1st team experience for a young player of his age.

THD played 90 minutes in 2 playoff semi-final games for Argyle but whether those clubs achieved anything is irrelevent - it's the regular 1st team experience that counts.
    Apart from playing a part in a dozen Championship games, the only thing he achieved at Charlton was relegation.

• Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

Whilst he was at Oxford, Oldham and Plymouth did they achieve anything in which would suggest he had changed their fortunes.

Well, he was highly rated at each of those clubs and automatic 1st choice most of the time.
    More than 40 League games in League One and Two is very decent 1st team experience for a young player of his age.

THD played 90 minutes in 2 playoff semi-final games for Argyle but whether those clubs achieved anything is irrelevent - it's the regular 1st team experience that counts.
    Apart from playing a part in a dozen Championship games, the only thing he achieved at Charlton was relegation.

The question is he going to go to Huddersfield and play in the left back role within the starting 11?

He has been told he is not first choice at Charlton, we got a bid that has matched our valuation as every player has a price, we have told him and it is upto the player and he has elected to move on we cannot as a club stand in his way, That's how it works.

That's football, Joe Hart is a prime example of that.

No big deal, move on.

• edited August 2016

I want to endorse the words of Athletico Charlton.

5 years ago, i was told by one of the dad's of an academy player that
    Gomez was the best prospect in the Academy by far.
    Holmes-Dennis and Lennon were also stand outs.
    The Guy wasn't the Father of any of the above but watched every home game and most of the away.

He felt that THD would become the full back or wing back who negated the used of having a left winger. Not surprised that the German Manager at Huddersfield would want that type of player at his club.

I guess Lennon will be left on the bench so he becomes pissed off as well

With young Bone leaving the Academy set up, the shambles continues.

Lennon will be left on the bench if Russell Slade thinks he's not good enough to start, do you propose we start playing players who are not good enough to play just to keep them happy?

Lennon is already good enough to be a League one CB. Patrick Bauer will be leaving sooner or later because just like Tex his wages are too high and both are of championship quality. (would bracket both as good as Morrison even thou i prefer Bauer out of the 3 of them)

Interesting that you think that Russel Slade have a say on who Leaves CAFC,
    when no other coach has over the last 2 and a half years ?

You believe the leopard has changed it's spots.
  • The amazing thing is turn the clock back 2 months everyone was slitting their wrists as we had made no moves in the transfer market, we had no depth in the squad, we were going to play a youth team with no experience, now we sell a youngster for a fee we are moaning about that. Laughable.
  • Never been that impressed by THD as a defender - can't get that worked up about him going.
  • Myopic but no surprise given how the Club is being mismanaged.
  • Myopic but no surprise given how the Club is being mismanaged.

oh FFS
  • The amazing thing is turn the clock back 2 months everyone was slitting their wrists as we had made no moves in the transfer market, we had no depth in the squad, we were going to play a youth team with no experience, now we sell a youngster for a fee we are moaning about that. Laughable.

Because we should have that squad depth before 4 games into the season?
  • Sponsored links:

Because we should have that squad depth before 4 games into the season?
    In an ideal world yes, in the real world you have to wait. This isn't just in work its in life in general you are better off waiting an extra couple of weeks to get your first choice rather than take your forth choice straight away.
  • I want to endorse the words of Athletico Charlton.

5 years ago, i was told by one of the dad's of an academy player that
    Gomez was the best prospect in the Academy by far.
    Holmes-Dennis and Lennon were also stand outs.
    The Guy wasn't the Father of any of the above but watched every home game and most of the away.

He felt that THD would become the full back or wing back who negated the used of having a left winger. Not surprised that the German Manager at Huddersfield would want that type of player at his club.

I guess Lennon will be left on the bench so he becomes pissed off as well

With young Bone leaving the Academy set up, the shambles continues.

Lennon will be left on the bench if Russell Slade thinks he's not good enough to start, do you propose we start playing players who are not good enough to play just to keep them happy?

Lennon is already good enough to be a League one CB. Patrick Bauer will be leaving sooner or later because just like Tex his wages are too high and both are of championship quality. (would bracket both as good as Morrison even thou i prefer Bauer out of the 3 of them)

Interesting that you think that Russel Slade have a say on who Leaves CAFC,
    when no other coach has over the last 2 and a half years ?

You believe the leopard has changed it's spots.
    Lennon may well be good enough for a league 1 team but not our league 1 team. You'd be a fool for playing someone with less ability/suitability to the team because the other player maybe leaving in the future. When did I even imply Slade has a say in who leaves, I said Slade picks the team and if he thinks Lennon isn't good enough for the starting 11 then I'd say fair enough.
  • edited August 2016
    if we need to reduce the wag bill feck Roger off first. We have cover. If we need more money in then sell Tex.

as for THD maybe he is pissed off at whats happening to the club and therefore his career
  • edited August 2016
    A week to go and in my opinion we still need the following position covered. (Assumption that THD has departed the club)

1 x CM
    1 X RM
    1 X LM
    1 X LB

Shame that we have let a player go who can cover two of those positions.

• Certain players don't want to stick around good luck to THD if he makes it at Hudd' Tn
  • Statement of intent by the club basically saying Fox is going nowhere not at any price , well done Katrien

Except Brum is rumoured to be coming in with an increased bid for Fox. Leaves Edwards and Lennon as LB
  • A week to go and in my opinion we still need.

1 x CM
    1 X RM
    1 X LM
    1 X LB

Shame that we have let a player go who can cover two of those positions.

If you felt he was good enough to cover those 2 positions then we didn't need them then surely?
  • Fox is 22 if THD was a serious threat it's not like fox is vastly experience I'm sure he would have had more game time especially as its been a while since fox was top of he's game and could have done with a break at various times over last season

Edwards is 19 maybe they feel he is more than capable of being an infill if needed.

I'm not saying its right but the fact might be they can pick up some money to push a deal for a player that will impact on the 1st team a bit more.

It's too blinkered at the moment the vast majority of club decisions over the last few years have been epic fails that doesn't mean every decision is.

Just how much do you think the combined saving of THD's wages and benefit of any fee are likely to be? I would guess considerably less than Meire will end up losing on Teixeira and Ba.
    True the saving is negligible